2 Questions.....

First time in the lottery so just wondering,

1) What’s the usual percentage that guarantees you get tickets when you factor in people who chose GA and reserved for a show?

2) Why does Boston have no GA?

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,303
    edited February 2018
    1. GA is always a lot less. If you're entering, it would be best to chose reserved as your first option if you want to make sure you are at least in the door. Or if you have money to blow on secondary market (if necessary), you can get ballsy and try for GA with your first option. If you lose out though you may be forced to secondary ticket dealers.

2. Because Boston sucks compared to the rest. Just kidding . I believe no GA at Fenway is because Fenway doesn't allow it. I could be wrong but...
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • risris said:
    Sacred lawn... hallowed ground... blah, blah, blah.
    Probably want weight distributed more evenly, easier crowd control, etc. 

They actually schedule concerts so there’s a day off in between shows, remove all the seating and flooring, and treat the lawn on that off day. Boston’s a little... eccentric when it comes to their pwecious ballpahhhk.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,699
    risris said:

They actually schedule concerts so there’s a day off in between shows, remove all the seating and flooring, and treat the lawn on that off day. Boston’s a little... eccentric when it comes to their pwecious ballpahhhk.

This is not true.

Zac Brown is June 14 & 15

Foo Fighters are July 21 & 22

The day off in between shows is Pearl jam's doing, not Fenway's. (You'll notice PJ has a day off in between the Safeco and Wrigley shows as well)

This weekend we rock Portland
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    #2 has been answered.

For #1, there's no set percentage or guarantees. You have to loo at each show for it's own circumstances.

For example, Wrigley 1 GA is 25%, and Wrigley 2 GA is 34% as I type this. It's a good bet that most people are prioritizing Wrigley 1, because it's a Saturday night show. So for my example, if one uses a first choice on Wrigley 1, their true chance will be higher than the posted %, but it might not be too much higher. It's still a very risky gamble. Where with Wrigley 2, I would venture to guess that most (if not all), people who put Wrigley 2 GA as their first priority will win tickets. Because it's probably a 2nd or lower choice for many people's entries.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Poncier said:
    risris said:

This is not true.

The day off in between shows is Pearl jam's doing, not Fenway's. (You'll notice PJ has a day off in between the Safeco and Wrigley shows as well)

And I think it's a good thing for us fans they take this day off. When I saw MSG2 2 years ago, it was their 4th show in 5 nights, and I think it showed a bit. It also was their shortest show of the tour at around 2 1/2 hours.
  • Poncier said:
    risris said:

This is not true.

Huh, thought in the past they (Fenway) tended to skip a day between shows.