Seattle Expectations

As many of you have mentioned, there was a difference bw Wrigley 1 and Wrigley 2 in 2016.  While both shows were sensational, the first one was more of an event/party (Gleason/Santo Family) while the second was a flat out rock concert.  With the Seattle shows serving as a “homecoming” and helping to raise money for a great cause (the homeless), what are your expectations?  Do you think the band is joined on stage by local friends and other acts, with many EV speeches about the horrific plight of the homeless, or do they play 35 songs each night and deliver shows that will be talked about forever?  

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited February 2018
    e360727 said:
    As many of you have mentioned, there was a difference bw Wrigley 1 and Wrigley 2 in 2016.  While both shows were sensational, the first one was more of an event/party (Gleason/Santo Family) while the second was a flat out rock concert.  With the Seattle shows serving as a “homecoming” and helping to raise money for a great cause (the homeless), what are your expectations?  Do you think the band is joined on stage by local friends and other acts, with many EV speeches about the horrific plight of the homeless, or do they play 35 songs each night and deliver shows that will be talked about forever?  
    Will their shows be talked about forever? Yes.

Will they impact lives? Yes?

Will they impact yours? Yes. How they will is however your heart will allow them. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I assume they have some musical guests, which is always awesome in my opinion
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,673
    If I had to guess, I'd say they will probably have some sort of Cornell tribute at these shows. Also, why can't Eddie mention homelessness in Seattle and have the shows be amazing and remembered forever? Why do you think those things are mutually exclusive? I expect the band to play between 30-40 songs per night and that they will play at least a couple cover songs and that they will end at least one night with Yellow Ledbetter and that yes, Eddie will eventually make a point to talk about whatever is on his mind. As far as musical guests that could appear there are so many options but it depends on who is in town at the time and who is touring. I expect the shows to be great because they are my favorite band and I've never left a show feeling disappointed or let down by the effort they put forth but I know this isn't the case for everyone and some people are very demanding of the band/harder to please but to each their own I guess. Just try to enjoy the moment and appreciate the fact that they're still around and still playing together at such a high level and still able to tour and put out music. So many of their contemporaries are not around anymore which makes them a precious commodity. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • This sounds like a joke but isn't.  I expect a blistering, reinvigorated performance of Even Flow at these shows.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,839
    Between Fenway and Wrigley in 2016 (and MSG for that matter), both had a few guests so Seattle wouldn't be a surprise to see someone take the stage.

Not surprising if Eddie takes a break to talk about the fundraising the show's doing - at $10/ticket for Vitalogy Foundation, that's a pretty sizable amount of money raised each show and worth mentioning.

I can see them doing a ToTD song and Mother Love Bone song during the two shows. Anything more will be a great surprise.