Options

Article - WENN via COMTEX - VEDDER & LERCHE LEAD OSCARS SONG SHORTLIST

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,914
edited December 2007 in The Porch
VEDDER & LERCHE LEAD OSCARS SONG SHORTLIST

13 December 2007
17:13
World Entertainment News Network

Dec 13, 2007 (WENN via COMTEX) -- Rocker EDDIE VEDDER and singer/songwriter SONDRA LERCHE are among the front-runners in the race for Oscar gold after landing three inclusions apiece on the official Best Song shortlist.

A panel of experts and critics have selected 59 songs for consideration, including Vedder's tracks from Into The Wild and Lerche's Dan In Real Life tunes.

The news comes as Vedder celebrates his first Golden Globe nod for Guaranteed from pal Sean Penn's wilderness movie. The Pearl Jam frontman is also up for Best Original Score at the Globes on 13 January (08).

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers' August Rush leads all films with four potential nominations.

The Oscar nods will be announced on 22 January (08). (KL/WN/GES)
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Im pretty sure that Eddie was nominated for a Golden Globe for his contribution to the "Big Fish" soundtrack...am I wrong?
    "P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."