Help! Ticket strategy for my husband

Hi all. I'd appreciate some feedback. This is the first time I've ever done the lottery ticket system. My hubby is a long time fan and never been to a PJ concert. He turns 40 this year and I really want to surprise him with tickets. Here's my dilemma.
We are in Seattle so I'm only looking for seattle tickets. We went to a concert in Key arena a few months ago, in the upper deck. Sound was ok but he was sad we weren't on the floor. No one even stood up the entire concert in our section. Afterwards we talked about ONLY being on the floor for concerts in the future, whether it's GA or Seats.
He's been to a ton of concerts in his youth, always in the Pit. He's 6 ft 2 and probably never had a hard time seeing. I'm 5ft 2. And I've NEVER been in the pit before. I am happy to try GA for his sake and just not even worry about what kind of experience I end up having. I worry a bit about the safety of it but I have just never experienced it.

Right now I'm trying to get GA for the first night in Seattle, and GA for the 2nd show. Should I reverse that and put in for Reserved for one night, thinking that we score tickets to both somehow. One night we do GA. The other, we have seats.

What you do you guys think? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    edited February 2018
    First of all that is great of you to sacrifice your view for him because you are right you will not see much at your height unless you plan on camping out. Second if the odds stay as they are for reserved just go with GA for both nights first and second and reserved for picks third and fourth. The other option you have is to go GA the first night (put reserved in too just in case you strike out) and reserved the second. This way you both get to experience the show the way you want it. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    If I were in your shoes...

1. SEA 1 GA
    2. SEA 2 GA
    3. SEA 1 seated
    4. SEA 2 seated.

Based on the current odds you've a good chance of scoring seats for both nights. Re: GA....keep an eye on what the odds do and keep the higher % choice as your top priority. Good luck and happy 40th to your husband :sunglasses:
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    IMO, if you are in 10 club seats, the crowd will be great. It's when you are in general sale seats, where you are seated near more casual fans who tend to sit on their hands, and thus the experience is dulled. My point is - even if you have reserved, if they are from the 10 club, you will likely be around very rabid fans, and probably won't experience what happened in the Key Arena.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    edited February 2018
    jjflash said:

1. SEA 1 GA
    2. SEA 2 GA
    3. SEA 1 seated
    4. SEA 2 seated.

Based on the current odds you've a good chance of scoring seats for both nights. Re: GA....keep an eye on what the odds do and keep the higher % choice as your top priority. Good luck and happy 40th to your husband :sunglasses:
    That's what I would do too, except that I'd reverse shows 1 and 2, because a Friday show is going to be the higher demand one, and likely the better show of the two. So...

1. SEA 2 GA
    2. SEA 1 GA
    3. SEA 2 Seated
    4. SEA 1 Seated

That said, maybe you like the Wednesday show better. Also, maybe you are worried about odds for the Friday show more, in which case jjflash's plan would work better.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Are you trying to get them on your membership or does he have one? 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • I have a question on how this works. Its my first time using the lottery. If I want to go to the Friday Seattle show and then the wednesday show if I dont get Friday, how do I order that? I want to be in seats, not GA. I am from out of town so I dont want to miss out but I also dont want to pay for both concerts if I draw both? Any suggestions?
    I have a question on how this works. Its my first time using the lottery. If I want to go to the Friday Seattle show and then the wednesday show if I dont get Friday, how do I order that? I want to be in seats, not GA. I am from out of town so I dont want to miss out but I also dont want to pay for both concerts if I draw both? Any suggestions?
    You can't do that. If you for sure only want to go to one of the two shows, you have to decide now which show you want to go to and only enter for that one. Only enter for both if you 100% will be able to attend both. You may not win both, but you definitely have a chance to, and if you do, you have to pay for both, and please please please don't just waste tickets by buying tix for both but only attending one. That screws over other fans. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jjflash said:

1. SEA 1 GA
    2. SEA 2 GA
    3. SEA 1 seated
    4. SEA 2 seated.

This.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• jjflash said:

1. SEA 1 GA
    2. SEA 2 GA
    3. SEA 1 seated
    4. SEA 2 seated.

Thanks. This is what i have put in for right now. I figure if I miss the GA, then at least I tried. Worst case we end up with mediocre seats but at least those would still be better than what I'd probably get on TM.
  • Sarava said:
    IMO, if you are in 10 club seats, the crowd will be great. It's when you are in general sale seats, where you are seated near more casual fans who tend to sit on their hands, and thus the experience is dulled. My point is - even if you have reserved, if they are from the 10 club, you will likely be around very rabid fans, and probably won't experience what happened in the Key Arena.
    I've been reading quite a few threads on here the past few weeks. This seems to be what I've heard a few times as well. Thanks for the feedback!
    Sarava said:
    10C said that the seats would be spread out all over the place, so I don't think anyone is going to be in a "10C seats area", really. The casual fans will be peppered amongst you all.
  • Regarding safety, I would not worry about your safety at all.  It will be cramped, but if you are worried about mosh-pit style craziness, there won't be any of that.
    Gorge