Question about the GA Pit

OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,983
I was at all three Wrigley shows.  Put in for reserved in part because of the odds and in part because my wife prefers a seat.  However, since my last four shows (and my next two-to-five depending on what we decide for summer travel) will be in large stadiums, I'd like to get to actually see the band at least once.  So here's my question.

I am not the kind of person who's going to go for the rail.  Given that, I'm also not the kind of person that's going to be bunched up 20 feet from the stage. I'm more likely to want to hang at the very back of the GA pit and maybe lean against the barrier.  So, that said, I have a couple of questions about the Wrigley GA Pit.  First, can you see fairly well if you hang at the barrier?  Second, is it so crowded in there that I'll even feel crowded in at the barrier?  I'd rather not feel like I'm in a phone booth for three hours.
1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

Comments

• jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    OnWis97 said:
    I was at all three Wrigley shows.  Put in for reserved in part because of the odds and in part because my wife prefers a seat.  However, since my last four shows (and my next two-to-five depending on what we decide for summer travel) will be in large stadiums, I'd like to get to actually see the band at least once.  So here's my question.

I am not the kind of person who's going to go for the rail.  Given that, I'm also not the kind of person that's going to be bunched up 20 feet from the stage. I'm more likely to want to hang at the very back of the GA pit and maybe lean against the barrier.  So, that said, I have a couple of questions about the Wrigley GA Pit.  First, can you see fairly well if you hang at the barrier?  Second, is it so crowded in there that I'll even feel crowded in at the barrier?  I'd rather not feel like I'm in a phone booth for three hours.
    I can’t speak for Wrigley GA because I heard that one was a little more crowded than normal, but all the arena GA’s I’ve been to there has been a ton of room in the back and on the sides. I’d almost say it was only about 2/3 full because people start bunching forward. I typically hand on the side. Typically Mikes side and you can still get very close. Most people crowd towards the middle. Good luck
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,983
    jmug23 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I can’t speak for Wrigley GA because I heard that one was a little more crowded than normal, but all the arena GA’s I’ve been to there has been a ton of room in the back and on the sides. I’d almost say it was only about 2/3 full because people start bunching forward. I typically hand on the side. Typically Mikes side and you can still get very close. Most people crowd towards the middle. Good luck
    Yeah, the hockey arena floor is probably a totally different dynamic.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97 said:

I feel the same way as you. I don't like being overcrowded. I was in the GA pit for the 2nd Wrigley show in 2016, and hung towards the back off to one side. There were people around me for sure, but I never felt uncomfortable or crowded. I could not see that well though. Screens yes, but the band seemed far away and my view was partially blocked. But I was off to the side. Not sure how it was in the middle back of the pit.
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • I was at Wrigley 1 in 2016....GA Pit was ridiculous in the back middle.  We started off on Stone's side and learned that you couldn't exit out that side so we moved to Mike's side.  Getting from one side to the other even at the very back was almost impossible.

There were way too many people in there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana