Tickets on Stubhub Already

Now how is this possible?
A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
I've spent so many years in question
To find I'd known this all along.

Comments

• which show? i thought seattle was a no no for secondary market cause it's a charity gig
    and might i add that is amazing PJ did that for their hometown shows. A++
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    It is not possible, but what has happened with the scum that bots tickets and then resells them is that they will put tickets up for sale, that are not specific, but more generalized, ie section 101, no row no #, then you pay for them and then they have to make that magic happen.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    Called speculative tickets. 
  • LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,208
    edited February 2018
    which show? i thought seattle was a no no for secondary market cause it's a charity gig
    and might i add that is amazing PJ did that for their hometown shows. A++
    Wrigley / Chicago  Nights 1 & 2

Post edited by LiteTheMatch on
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    You can post anything you want on Stubhub, doesn't require actually having tickets
  • speculative tixs from scalpers...........or the promoters/venue have listed their tix
  • Scalpers inflate prices with fake listings so they can set the market. Example they list infield seats for $800 that they don't have, then they list real seats for $400 and that seems like a good deal compared to the other listings. 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    But if you are someone that doesnt have a problem buying tickets this way, you will get a legitimate ticket. Am I correct?

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Hi! said:
    But if you are someone that doesnt have a problem buying tickets this way, you will get a legitimate ticket. Am I correct?
    If it is a spec ticket (speculative), then the broker doesn't actually have the ticket in hand. They are just promising that they will be able to get one for you in a particular section at that price. If it turns out they can't by day of show, Stubhub will refund you, but you'll be SOL without a ticket. So you won't lose any money, but it is possible you'll be standing outside looking in.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr said:
    Hi! said:
    If it is a spec ticket (speculative), then the broker doesn't actually have the ticket in hand. They are just promising that they will be able to get one for you in a particular section at that price. If it turns out they can't by day of show, Stubhub will refund you, but you'll be SOL without a ticket. So you won't lose any money, but it is possible you'll be standing outside looking in.
    Super Bowl XLIV is a great example of this. Lots of people bought spec tickets. Flew to Arizona for the game. When they went to pick up their tickets they found out they didn't exist. They got their money back for the ticket, but the cost of airfare and hotel.....
    So it specifies speculative? Is it safe to assume that any ticket offered after the official sale date with a specified seat is legitimate?

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Didnt see any seat specific tickets up. So lll wait until I can get them e-delivery. Stub hub is nothing more than convience really. Pick where you wanna sit, no lottery stress, ect.

• Hi! said:
    So it specifies speculative? Is it safe to assume that any ticket offered after the official sale date with a specified seat is legitimate?
    Nope