Jeff Solo Album - Heaven/Hell

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited April 2018
    tbergs said:
    It's on Google Play streaming. Sounds sweet. Great bass groove and overall sound.
    Thanks! I never would have thought to look there (EDIT: not available in Canada as far as I can tell :frowning: ) ... Would be nice if it went up on Jeff's Spotify page.
    Grah! I really want to hear it! I always really look forward to Jeff's stuff.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,032
    waiting to see if Jeff's 2 new picks come with the LP once the full album is released..
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Is there a release date on this thing yet or are we just waiting for it to appear out of the blue some day?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    Don't see the point - personallY - with vinYl releases without a spine (7inches etc). But the cover is cool. Excited.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,592
    Is there a release date on this thing yet or are we just waiting for it to appear out of the blue some day?
    nope/yep
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Haters gonna hate
    Collectors gonna spin
    Nothing more to it, pay no mind

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

edited April 2018
    Haters gonna hate
    Collectors gonna spin
    Nothing more to it, pay no mind

I don't think anyone is hating, lol. We just want to hear the songs! Nothing wrong with that!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    kramer73 said:
    nope/yep
    I hope it comes sooner rather than later then. But as someone said earlier in this thread, it might not bode well for a Pearl Jam record if this thing is going to come out soon. Anyway, it'll be good to get it when it's here. Has anyone heard the new single yet? I haven't had a chance to look at any of the digital services, but am really curious to hear the songs if they're out there in some form. I've got so many questions about this.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    kramer73 said:
    nope/yep
    I hope it comes sooner rather than later then. But as someone said earlier in this thread, it might not bode well for a Pearl Jam record if this thing is going to come out soon. Anyway, it'll be good to get it when it's here. Has anyone heard the new single yet? I haven't had a chance to look at any of the digital services, but am really curious to hear the songs if they're out there in some form. I've got so many questions about this.
    I don't think the timing of this would have any impact on the PJ album release at all, or vice versa. History tells us that would not be the case.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,825
    waiting to see if Jeff's 2 new picks come with the LP once the full album is released..
     =)  yuuupppp
    I don't usually buy 7" anymore, but might have to for this one
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    It's on Google Play streaming. Sounds sweet. Great bass groove and overall sound.
    Thanks! I never would have thought to look there (EDIT: not available in Canada as far as I can tell :frowning: ) ... Would be nice if it went up on Jeff's Spotify page.
    It's on spotify in Canada. I had to search Safe in the car to find it. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,767
    demetrios said:
    Nice! I can see myself getting into this. I hope there's a little more variety on this album - I find the solo albums tend to be a little repetitive (not that I've listened to all of them).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    demetrios said:
    Not white vinyl....Sweet
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    is the B side a non-album track?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,140
    edited April 2018
    Some add infos from http://www.pearljamonline.it/pj-wp/en/jeff-ament-safe-in-the-car-heaven-hell/

"The vinyl edition features two tracks, Safe in the Car, recorded with Angel OlsenMike McCready and Matt Cameron, and the b-side Captain Cook, in memory of the bassist’s late dog that passed away last year in November. The artwork is by Kevin Ancell. We will keep you updated on the upcoming record Heaven/Hell, which follows Tone and While My Heart Beats and is currently being printed on vinyl."
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
    While my heart beats is so fucking good.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,592
    I definitely snoozed on the vinyl for that one.
    kramer73 said:
    I definitely snoozed on the vinyl for that one.
    Yeah. I only have the CD.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,250
    as much as i would love to buy this new single i simply can't justify paying more for the shipping than the vinyl 
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,825
    edited April 2018
    as much as i would love to buy this new single i simply can't justify paying more for the shipping than the vinyl 
    That's exactly why this is the first single I've bought from them in, oh, 5 years...
    but I can't wait for Jeff's new album
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,348
    Is there anyone selling a vinyl copy of While My Heart Beats?

• fotdfotd Posts: 514
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    Ah, thank you!! :) I just searched for Jeff Ament.... Totally weird: His name is just "Ament" for this, while his other stuff is under "Jeff Ament". So he has two separate artist pages on Spotify now. I wonder if that's on purpose?? If so, it doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, listening to the song now... Definitely makes me interested in the rest of the album.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    Ah, thank you!! :) I just searched for Jeff Ament.... Totally weird: His name is just "Ament" for this, while his other stuff is under "Jeff Ament". So he has two separate artist pages on Spotify now. I wonder if that's on purpose?? If so, it doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, listening to the song now... Definitely makes me interested in the rest of the album.
    I noticed that in the newsletter too. Just kept calling him "Ament". like he's the pearl jam version of Cher now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

holy crap. If I didn't know better, I'd swear Patrick Carney produced this track. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

I noticed that in the newsletter too. Just kept calling him "Ament". like he's the pearl jam version of Cher now. 
    Indeed.... hey @sea or someone... is the name "Ament" as opposed to Jeff Ament an intentional separation between this and Jeff's previous work? Because he's showing as two separate artists on Spotify because of it... FYI.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:

Weird. Glad I saw this and could find him. Nice track.