Options

Proposing to my Queen in Padova Italy

Hey Jamily,  So i want to propose to my wonderful queen in Italy!!  We have GA for Padova.  It would be amazing if we could get front center so the band can watch me get on a knee.....  Im planning on getting in line around 2 pm.  Leaving Venice that am.  Just wondering if any fellow die hards would let us get up close to the front of the line.  I will be wearing a Superman shirt and she will have a Wonder Woman shirt on.  From Boston with love!!!!!    oh please don't say anything peeps if you do see us two in line etc, til after the show.  This is both our second marriages and i want to do it all different.  " stay with me, Let's just breathe " ..........oh yeah we live in Quincy MA so we can host a couple at our house for the Fenway shows for you travelers. 
Son of Jor-El
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    best wishes to you both!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    Man I might use this as a way to not queue up  =)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    Awesome.  Just don’t get Other Side crossed off in return for Just Breath.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

I can't think of anything worse than that!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    lolobugg said:

I can't think of anything worse than that!
    It happened in OKC 2013 I believe.  Just Breathe was moved up and in the encore but my theory is they had to cut Other Side for time then.   Who knows.  I've been to three shows where Other Side has been crossed off the list!
  • Options
    I’m thinking if you want front and center you better get there early. PJ fans are awesome, but not going to let you cut in line.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Why do you need the band to see your proposal?  Pick a quiet spot in the city and do it there. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,435
    I proposed in front of Mickey Mouse in his house at Disneyland........After the Mrs. said yes, I told Mickey that had she said no, I would have asked Minnie instead!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Why do you need the band to see your proposal?  Pick a quiet spot in the city and do it there. 
    I don't think that the OP necessarily "needs" it to happen this way but just thinks that it would be awesome as hell if it did.

Some people like attention for this type of thing, spreading the love or whathaveyou. I'm not one of those people, but they're out there. You can usually catch them at every sporting event. Hell, most weddings are huge "look at us" affairs. It's like that saying about shouting it from the rooftops how much you love someone. And while it may not be for me, I get it.

Good luck to Clark and Lois (or Diana).
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't think that the OP necessarily "needs" it to happen this way but just thinks that it would be awesome as hell if it did.

Some people like attention for this type of thing, spreading the love or whathaveyou. I'm not one of those people, but they're out there. You can usually catch them at every sporting event. Hell, most weddings are huge "look at us" affairs. It's like that saying about shouting it from the rooftops how much you love someone. And while it may not be for me, I get it.

Just threw it out there , thanks for comments.  See ya in Padova......
    Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    Good luck, exciting times!! I guess you'll need to be there earlier than 2pm though!
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Good luck! Dilly dilly 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Get her to park her invisible jet at the front of the line and then you guys can go and do whatever you want.  (Does the invisible jet have an invisible bedroom?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Get her to park her invisible jet at the front of the line and then you guys can go and do whatever you want.  (Does the invisible jet have an invisible bedroom?)
    Why? Do you like to watch?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yeah, I plan on renewing my vows soon and I was thinking Seattle would be the place I ask my wife if this is something she would like to do.  Thanks in advance to anyone who sees us in line and lets us make our way to the front!  I, too, would love for the band to see my re commitment to my wife!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Why? Do you like to watch?
    :lol
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    lol back in December I attended a Bocelli show during intermission a couple got engaged down in the front of floor seats @ MSG 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    That's sweet, good luck to you both and my best wishes for your future! :joy:
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    First - congrats! And good luck.

But I’d make the moment more about your “queen” then PJ. But then again, everyone is different, so good luck and I hope you two have a long happy life.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Don’t do it
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    First - congrats! And good luck.

But I’d make the moment more about your “queen” then PJ. But then again, everyone is different, so good luck and I hope you two have a long happy life.
    I’m in the “make it about her” camp. But then again I’m 40 and single so wtf do I know?! 

You know, Galileo was a lecturer at the University there. And Padova is also home of the world’s oldest clock. You could throw on some kind of “stars, universe” or “timeless” spiel while proposing. But seriously, all that beautiful architecture in the city, I’d definitely consider proposing somewhere other than rail at a Pearl Jam show. But that’s just me.

Either way, I wish you both the absolute best and a happy future! Good luck and have a safe & wonderful trip!
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Queueing at 2pm on the day of the show for front row centre?!

You must have found a very lucky girl is she's willing to queue for even more than 1 hour.