Baseball stadium seat views

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
i was wondering what people thought of the baseball stadium shows in the past? 

This will I’ll be my first time attending a show at a baseball stadium and I want to make sure I have a decent seat if I end up reserved. 

Mare there any bad seats? What are your favorite sections to sit? 

I appreciae it! 

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    I'd be more concerned with angle and sightlines than distance. I sat in right field roof box seats for Foo Fighters a couple years ago and sight/sound was much better than I expected. While I usually prefer being up front and in the mix, the elbow room wasn't bad either.

In the case of Fenway, it's an old park so poles and overhangs are an issue. If you pull tickets that indicate obstructed view, I'd take that seriously. There are some brutal seats in the right field grandstand.
  • I sat up in the roof box at Fenway for the Friday show a couple years ago (R35, maybe?) and it was fantastic.  Sound and view were both great.  If I'm not able to get fanclub tix I would definitely shoot for those again.
  • Sound is not as good as inside - I like the right field baseline seats that I've had for both Fenway and Wrigley.  We were super close but you could see and hear fine.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,540
    Excellent question. Baseball stadiums are wonderful for baseball, but not so hot for concerts where the stage is up against the center field wall.
     Saw McCartney a year ago at Citizens in Philly. Thought I had decent seats, 7th row outfield. The field is so wide there, it's not really that close

At Fenway, you  want to avoid lower level under the overhang. Although  great for rain, the sound isn't as good, and as said above, there are view blocking poles every other section 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    Go for the atmosphere and the music and you will be fine. I was in section 94 for Fenway night 2. You could barely make out the band but you could see the screens fine. The area I was in was rocking all night too which really added to the show. This is why I think I may just go with 10 club tickets even if I am further back. 
  • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Posts: 745
    PJNB said:
    Go for the atmosphere and the music and you will be fine. I was in section 94 for Fenway night 2. You could barely make out the band but you could see the screens fine. The area I was in was rocking all night too which really added to the show. This is why I think I may just go with 10 club tickets even if I am further back. 
    THIS!

I was situated behind home plate for Wrigley night one, in a block with other 10C members, still had a great night
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Fenway night 1. 

Was in the lower deck behind homeplate and decided to go up to the "standing room" area instead.  Had a much better time there.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Sound typically sucks compared with other types of venues. Sightlines can be obstructed depending on ballpark. Typically have some pretty distant seating, so you may watch the screen more than the stage. Ballparks suck, but it is what it is. At least PJ is playing somewhere.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Not sure, never have seen a concert in a baseball stadium. Though, I feel compelled to warn Boston attendees not to sit near the green monster, cos' @my2hands may be making plans to urinate near it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I had 3rd row right by 1st base for Wrigley night 1.  It was pretty amazing.  The band was far away and hard to make out, but the screens were great!  Also, the atmosphere (first time inside Wrigley!) was totally worth it and great 10 Club fans to enjoy the show with!  I was quite surprised with the sound.  I could really hear everything and the band sounded amazing.  Not quite as loud and powerful sounding as an indoor show, but I really felt like Ed's voice and all of the individual instruments really stood out.  While I was far away, totally worth it for me.  And I heard Inside Job for the first time!
    At this point in their careers, with the tremendous demand fans have to see them, and less available time they have to tour, seems it's going to be less arenas and more stadiums/festivals from here on out.

Sometimes when sitting far away, the PJ vibe is incredible, except once, at an arena show, not that far away...some dude almost killed me because the band was not very loud, and all I can hear is this guy hitting on his companion song after song. After a while, I beg him to stop or take it to the entrance corridor.

After he makes a fist at me, I say, how many hours the rest of your life will you be in the same room as Pearl Jam.

I think that got to him.
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    Lower your expectations is my best advice
  • JbarkerJbarker Posts: 560
    At this point in their careers, with the tremendous demand fans have to see them, and less available time they have to tour, seems it's going to be less arenas and more stadiums/festivals from here on out.

Sometimes when sitting far away, the PJ vibe is incredible, except once, at an arena show, not that far away...some dude almost killed me because the band was not very loud, and all I can hear is this guy hitting on his companion song after song. After a while, I beg him to stop or take it to the entrance corridor.

After he makes a fist at me, I say, how many hours the rest of your life will you be in the same room as Pearl Jam.

I think that got to him.
    Yup.
    Only so much moisture left in the sponge.

I think I'll be happy just to get in the door for any of their shows this tour or the next.

• Decent site for seating views. Here’s Fenway for concerts:
    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Fenway+Park/seating/concert/

As you can see, this unlucky fella got to experience one of the infamous Grandstand behind the pole seats:
    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/76781/Fenway+Park/section-Grandstand+6/row-1/seat-7/
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    jdopj said:
    This exactly. I have a 435*** number and got pretty good box seats at Wrigley in 2013 and Fenway in 2016. I wasn't close but I also wasn't in the back section of turf, either.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    jdopj said:

Mom?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    edited February 2018
    No seats in the stands are remotely close to the stage.  You will be watching the screens. 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    jdopj said:

Mom?
    Dad
    jdopj said:
    jdopj said:

Mom?
    Dad

:-)

Way way back, when I was a young adult, mom would always tell me to "lower my expectations." See, it's a compliment!
    No seats in the stands are remotely close to the stage.  You will be watching the screens. 
    True dat. Baseball stadiums are tough viewing for concerts, outside of the first 20 rows field.

But I've been taught to lower my expectations ;-)

Seriously, if the crowd is into it, and each show gets that cool PJ vibe, it will be fun.