Options

Would You Like Pearl Jam to Play No Repeats for Back to Back Shows This Tour?

Comments

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,540
    YES! A completely different set list each night with no repeats!!!
    Just don't play the same show twice, please.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    Maybe just a few repeats.
    There's plenty of songs I'd rather hear back to back than some songs even once.
    I'll take RVM twice over You Are the second night.
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,313
    The key here is that they have enough hits to still make the casual fan love either show.
    Show 1: Black, Alive, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Yellow Led, Go, RearViewMirror
    Show 2: Jeremy, EvenFlow, Betterman, Daughter, Animal, Do The Evolution, Small Town

Boom, in a 35 song set list, each show has 20% HUGE HITS.  No way would the casual fan (or Hardcore fan) leave disappointed after these shows.

I know I don't have to memorize or perform the songs, but with PJ's catalog it seems "easy" to do no repeat shows.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,936
    mace1229 said:
    There's plenty of songs I'd rather hear back to back than some songs even once.
    I'll take RVM twice over You Are the second night.
    This is a fair point to. Sometimes songs are rare for a reason.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    The key here is that they have enough hits to still make the casual fan love either show.
    Show 1: Black, Alive, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Yellow Led, Go, RearViewMirror
    Show 2: Jeremy, EvenFlow, Betterman, Daughter, Animal, Do The Evolution, Small Town

Boom, in a 35 song set list, each show has 20% HUGE HITS.  No way would the casual fan (or Hardcore fan) leave disappointed after these shows.

I know I don't have to memorize or perform the songs, but with PJ's catalog it seems "easy" to do no repeat shows.
    Good call. I'd add Porch to one of your lists, however. They play that baby A LOT!
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,313
    Yeah, I missed Porch and State of Love & Trust.  That's 8 each night.  Also if you are going to Missoula you could hear all 16.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    I like what I'm seeing so far!!!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,078
    They have enough material to do no repeats in a two night show city. They have plenty of hits for the casual fan and plenty of other great songs that aren’t super rarities to easily not repeat. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,828
    MYM and Lightning Bolt are played every night too pretty much. Plenty of hits to choose from to do this. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited January 2018
    I don;t agree that they have enough "hits" to do this.
    You're talking about 60+ songs for a back-to-back show. They definitely have 60 songs I'd like to hear, but to call them "hits" is a stretch I think.
    And as I mentioned, for them to dig down into a 60 song setlist, there's a very good chance I would hear probably 10 songs I don't care that much for and would rather hear a solid repeat. There's 20 songs I'd rather hear for the 20th time than something like I'm Open again.

Think I misread that, you're talking about enough hits to have a good mix of hits + rarities. I agree with that. Still would rather hear some hits twice over some rarities. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    Let Stone choose the setlists!!!
  • Options
    Alive, Even Flow, Do The Evolution, Mind Your Manners, and Corduroy were the songs played both nights at Fenway in 2016. (Draw The Line was as well but only because Tom Hamilton showed up unexpectedly for night 2 and they invited him onstage.) So basically we are talking about five duplicates in the modern, Evening With era. Not a lot. I would personally volunteer DTE and MYM to be played less but the other three I'm fine with being on most setlists. 

• Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I wouldn't mind a few repeats like "DTE" and "Porch", but I can totally do without "Yellow Ledbetter" being played at every show. Aside from "Sirens", it's my least favorite PJ song. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    JimmyV said:
    As is, in most two night runs the only songs likely to be repeated are Alive, Evenflow, Corduroy and sometimes Better Man. Pretty much everything else changes from the night before when they play the same city twice.
    You left out "Do the Evolution" and "Porch". Those are pretty much a given at any show, even multiple nights. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    Oh Porch two nights in a row, bummer. Gtfoh!!!!
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    FoxyRedLa said:
    I have yet to be disappointed.
    Whatever the are excited to play and have a blast doing is ok with me.
    Let them decide. 

But why not mix up the staples. 

Play some Brain of J and Breakerfall some nights instead of Do The Evolution for example.
    Yes....they should jam out what they are feeling the idea of no repeats is exciting to imagine tho.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    They can..can they??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    alive ,black and even flow should be played in every show for ever
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    id like no repeats but would take maybe jsut a few repeats for those that can only do 1.. 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,828
    Let Stone choose the setlists!!!
    Quebec and Charlottesville :rock_on:
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Yes as long as they play Black every night..well they can use a different tag, I am ok with that!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    ZeldaZonk said:
    JimmyV said:
    As is, in most two night runs the only songs likely to be repeated are Alive, Evenflow, Corduroy and sometimes Better Man. Pretty much everything else changes from the night before when they play the same city twice.
    You left out "Do the Evolution" and "Porch". Those are pretty much a given at any show, even multiple nights. 
    DTE maybe but not Porch. It's usually Porch to close a set one night and Rearviewmirror to close a set the next.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    alive ,black and even flow should be played in every show for ever
    Um, no
  • Options
    There's really no reason not too.  They have plenty of "hits" and a huge catalog.  I mean even the way they are marketing these shows it seems like they are appealing to hardcore fans primarily.  That said, i"m sure there will be 3-4 repeats from night 1 to night 2.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    I say a few repeats. I dont want to see 1/2 of the same set two nights in a row. And im sure that most people doing 2 nights back to back dont want to hear things again and again. 
    Be it that I may only make one show, there are songs I really want to hear, and would hate to miss out on them.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • Options
    R-Dub81 said:
    I say a few repeats. I dont want to see 1/2 of the same set two nights in a row. And im sure that most people doing 2 nights back to back dont want to hear things again and again. 
    Be it that I may only make one show, there are songs I really want to hear, and would hate to miss out on them.
    Just think of the cool songs you'd be getting that the show the night before wouldn't be getting!
  • Options
    There are certain songs that I would want to hear every time I see them-Alive, RVM, and Porch are just some examples!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Corduroy should be played every night 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    There are thousands of 10C fans! 

Please vote!!!