Options

Tom Brady: the perfect man, quarterback and PJ fan

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    RiotZact said:
    Credit where credit is due, the Boston crowd belting out “RELEASE MEEEEE” on the 06 bootleg gives me goosebumps every time. My honest assessment would be that Philly took the crown over in 09 and is the one city that is gaurenteed to have can’t miss shows at this stage in PJs career. But before 09 it’s a toss up between Boston, NYC and Seattle, and if I had a gun to my head I’d say Boston. 

That being said Brady, BB and Kraft seem like genuine assholes to me, regardless of how many rings they have or if they did or didn’t cheat, just horrible attitudes and proud Trump supporters. It certainly bugs me that they’ve had so much success but I would hate them either way.

GO EAGLES! 
    Completely agree with you about those guys seeming like genuine A-holes.  All the way.

At the risk of actually making this thread about PJ music ::gasp!!::, I want to push back on NYC as a "guaranteed can't miss show" city.  While certainly some of the most epic, historic PJ shows have been in NYC, haven't there been even more "Meh" or at least good-but-not-great shows in NYC?

There is almost always some magic, some special moments, but in terms of "can't miss", I feel like I've either been to or heard plenty that were far from the most remarkable of the tour and not really anything that would have hurt to miss (beyond the hurt we all feel about missing ANY PJ show).

So can you say more about that?  Why NYC?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    JH6056 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Credit where credit is due, the Boston crowd belting out “RELEASE MEEEEE” on the 06 bootleg gives me goosebumps every time. My honest assessment would be that Philly took the crown over in 09 and is the one city that is gaurenteed to have can’t miss shows at this stage in PJs career. But before 09 it’s a toss up between Boston, NYC and Seattle, and if I had a gun to my head I’d say Boston. 

That being said Brady, BB and Kraft seem like genuine assholes to me, regardless of how many rings they have or if they did or didn’t cheat, just horrible attitudes and proud Trump supporters. It certainly bugs me that they’ve had so much success but I would hate them either way.

GO EAGLES! 
    Completely agree with you about those guys seeming like genuine A-holes.  All the way.

At the risk of actually making this thread about PJ music ::gasp!!::, I want to push back on NYC as a "guaranteed can't miss show" city.  While certainly some of the most epic, historic PJ shows have been in NYC, haven't there been even more "Meh" or at least good-but-not-great shows in NYC?

There is almost always some magic, some special moments, but in terms of "can't miss", I feel like I've either been to or heard plenty that were far from the most remarkable of the tour and not really anything that would have hurt to miss (beyond the hurt we all feel about missing ANY PJ show).

good point.  Some of the shows were definitely just good, not great or spectacular but there's never been a bad nyc show.  I guess your top nyc shows are: randall's 2, msg 2, 98, msg 1, 03 and night 2 in 2010.  The rest have been good but definitely not the best of the tour.  I think the hype for these shows is just too much.

for me the best philly shows are: spectrum 03, spectrum 3/4 '09 and philly 2 '16 (although I wasn't there).
    classic boston shows: "the experiment" as a whole and perhaps fenway 2.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    mcgruff10 said:
    JH6056 said:
    RiotZact said:

GO EAGLES! 

good point.  Some of the shows were definitely just good, not great or spectacular but there's never been a bad nyc show.  I guess your top nyc shows are: randall's 2, msg 2, 98, msg 1, 03 and night 2 in 2010.  The rest have been good but definitely not the best of the tour.  I think the hype for these shows is just too much.

for me the best philly shows are: spectrum 03, spectrum 3/4 '09 and philly 2 '16 (although I wasn't there).

I was at spectrum '03, spectrum 3/4 '09, philly 2 '16, msg1 '03 and msg 2 2010.  I'd rank them like this:

1.  Philly 2 '16
    2.  MSG2 2010
    3.  Spectrum 4
    4.  MSG '03
    5.  Spectrum 3
    6.  Spectrum '03

9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Brooklyn 2013 was off the damn chain, people. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    dankind said:
    Brooklyn 2013 was off the damn chain, people. 
    brooklyn 2 was a kick ass show for sure!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    JH6056 said:
    RiotZact said:

GO EAGLES! 

Agreed! And then I admit that I'm biased, but I've seen 57 PJ shows and Philly 2 '98 is my all time favorite PJ show, but that was about a lot of PJ factors than just the show itself (great as it was, I think they hadn't played Philly in 9 yrs or something before those shows?).  So that rises above my other Philly shows, but I wasn't at Spectrum '03.  I was at Hershey, PA '03, and that may be my least favorite PJ show ever, but that doesn't count against Philly.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Hey Bom Trady, nice catch!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,208
    Hey Bom Trady, nice catch!

• Options
    Can we all imagine if everyone/anyone made a meme of any member of Pearl Jam screwing up their part of the song to discredit them? Sports make people crazy. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    Touchdown Tom ain't so great when his defense isn't there to bail him out, huh?

finally knows what it's been like to be Aaron Rodgers every year, stellar offense with terribly poor defense not giving them a chance. love it.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    ehbacon said:

finally knows what it's been like to be Aaron Rodgers every year, stellar offense with terribly poor defense not giving them a chance. love it.
    Peyton Manning's entire career.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,968
    ehbacon said:

Peyton Manning's entire career.
    Not with the Broncos tho!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    JH6056 said:
    I've met Brady a few times and he is one of the most obnoxious, cocky jerks I've ever encountered, and I've encountered some jerks!  His musical choices don't really mean much to me beyond illustrating how much someone can like a band and not have even a clue about what that band or their music is actually about... or maybe Brady just doesn't care what the music is about?  Either way, yuck.
    Why the hell did I click on this thread.
    You don't have a clue about what Tom Brady has a clue about.
    And you've met him a few times?  Maybe you were looking in the mirror thinking that it was Tom Brady.
  • Options
    RYME said:
    JH6056 said:
    I've met Brady a few times and he is one of the most obnoxious, cocky jerks I've ever encountered, and I've encountered some jerks!  His musical choices don't really mean much to me beyond illustrating how much someone can like a band and not have even a clue about what that band or their music is actually about... or maybe Brady just doesn't care what the music is about?  Either way, yuck.
    Why the hell did I click on this thread.
    You don't have a clue about what Tom Brady has a clue about.
    And you've met him a few times?  Maybe you were looking in the mirror thinking that it was Tom Brady.
    "And you've met him a few times?  Maybe you were looking in the mirror thinking that it was Tom Brady."

Ummm... not really anything to say to that, both because it makes no sense, but more so because THE EAGLES WON AND FOR ONCE LIFE IS FAIR SO... I'm just really too happy to bother figuring out what you're on about!   =)