Please jog my memory re: GA vs Seats

keegwoodkeegwood Posts: 6
edited January 2018 in The Porch
Hi All,

I can’t seem to recall whether or not picking GA over seats puts you at more risk of missing your ticket opportunity for a selected show? I’d love the opportunity at GA, but don’t want to risk missing tickets should my name not be drawn. Most of all, I just want to be in the building (or should I say “ball park”). I understand that you want to select shows in order of interest, just can’t recall how the above scenario plays out.

Appreciate any input!
Post edited by keegwood on

Comments

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,971
    Reserved tickets are much higher in win percentage
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • keegwoodkeegwood Posts: 6
    edited January 2018
    So if I pick GA and don’t get selected I’m basically SOL? This is why I’ve always gone with seats, but GA in Missoula (whole field) might be worth the risk.
    Post edited by keegwood on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    edited January 2018
    keegwood said:
    So if I pick GA and don’t get selected I’m basically SOL? This is why I’ve always gone with seats, but GA in Missoula (whole field) might be worth the risk.
    Missoula is whole field GA but 10 club has it's own GA section up front that is railed off. Also this tour they have said that they have more seats then ever and say they think they can meet the demand of tickets for all shows. If it was me I would put GA first reserved second and you are almost guaranteed one. Watch the odds and if reserved drops off dramatically before the draw ends reconsider your picks. You have to consider though that Missoula may be peoples 4 and 5th picks since Seattle may take up their first 4 giving you way better odds then is shown having them your first two.  Also if you do strike out you will have an opportunity with Verified fan presale. 
  • Thanks for clarifying. Plan is to put in for both Seattle shows (1&2) then Missoula. I’m with you, guessing that given the extra 10c ticket allotment this time around that putting GA first might none that risky. I’ll be sure to watch the odds—that will be telling.
    keegwood said:
    Thanks for clarifying. Plan is to put in for both Seattle shows (1&2) then Missoula. I’m with you, guessing that given the extra 10c ticket allotment this time around that putting GA first might none that risky. I’ll be sure to watch the odds—that will be telling.
    With out seeing the odds this is how I would do my picks if I wanted to try and win them all. Friday in Seattle will be the tougher odds. 

1. Seattle 2 GA
    2. Missoula GA
    3. Seattle 2 reserved
    4. Seattle 1 reserved
    5. Missoula reserved
  • Looks good. Given the likelihood of getting a seat regardless, might be hard pressed to just go for GA for all 3, with the seat fallback as a high probability if I get GA skunked. Now...will show preference matter.
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I’m not getting the impression that all Ga demands will be made nor will all ticket demands be met beyond your first choice. I could be wrong, but I’m taking it as you have a good shot at your first choice, especially if it’s reserved. I can’t imagine anyone getting Ga with a second choice, especially considering there are only 7 shows.  Sounds like they secured more reserve seats, but I still think Ga will be hard to get. 
    jmug23 said:
    I’m not getting the impression that all Ga demands will be made nor will all ticket demands be met beyond your first choice. I could be wrong, but I’m taking it as you have a good shot at your first choice, especially if it’s reserved. I can’t imagine anyone getting Ga with a second choice, especially considering there are only 7 shows.  Sounds like they secured more reserve seats, but I still think Ga will be hard to get. 
    "Ten Club has made arrangements to get more tickets than ever before exclusively for our members. We are confident we’ll be able to accommodate most, if not all, drawing entries. Some major changes to how tickets are distributed are noted below."

I think you are right about GA unless that Seattle pic with the huge GA is true. The way the word it to me is they have a shit ton of tickets this time around and all entries will try to be accommodated. I do not expect Reserved for any shows to move much especially Fenway with no GA. 
  • keegwoodkeegwood Posts: 6
    edited January 2018
    I think that’s what most people will be trying to decipher...are the extra 10c tickets that are being allocated for these shows enough to allow you to risk GA as your first choice, but getting seats if you don’t get picked for GA. That’s never been my mode of thinking for previous tours, but TC seems to be pretty confident that most, if not all, will get tickets. Due to this, it makes me think it’s worth the risk. But who really knows!?
    PJNB said:
    jmug23 said:
    "Ten Club has made arrangements to get more tickets than ever before exclusively for our members. We are confident we’ll be able to accommodate most, if not all, drawing entries. Some major changes to how tickets are distributed are noted below."

I think you are right about GA unless that Seattle pic with the huge GA is true. The way the word it to me is they have a shit ton of tickets this time around and all entries will try to be accommodated. I do not expect Reserved for any shows to move much especially Fenway with no GA. 
    Yeah really hard to say. I guess the odds should be a pretty good indicator how many tickets they have. Maybe we will see 99% with reserved seats on all shows.  Which would mean everyone would probably put in GA for first choice knowing there is a great chance with reserve. Can’t wait to see the odds pop up, should be fun :)
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I just don’t see how they could have aquired THAT many more seats. If I recall from the past, for the higher demand shows, which these all will be, the only way you could (almost) guarantee getting in the building was to chose reserved as your first choice, anything other than that was a gamble. For example, my uncle and I went to both 2016 Philly shows, our strategy was just to get in the building for both nights, so he chose night 1 reserved as his 1st priority and night 2 reserved as his 2nd, I did the opposite, night 2 as my 1st and night 1 as my 2nd. Both of us got our first priority and nothing else. And off of the top of my head I don’t recall anyone posting that they got both nights in any way, shape or form from just one account. I also remember a shit ton of bitching from people who put GA as their 1st priority and reserved as their 2nd and got hosed all together, then bitching that if they had realized that they would have just put reserved as their 1st choice. 

But now they have made some sort of miraculous deal where that is all changed? I really REALLY hope I’m wrong but I foresee a lot of bitching threads and the 10C wishing that they would have re-worded the whole “if not all” portion of the announcement. I’m really not trying to be a naysayer, I will be the first person to thank and applaud them if they really pull this off, but I’m just trying to keep realistic expectations as to not end up being let down. 

• smaksmak Posts: 232
    edited January 2018
    They are stadium shows averaging 40k seats vs arena show with less than half that.  I would hope they have a lot more seats. 
    edited January 2018
    Time will tell. We will not be making our choices blind. Fenway will tell us the most since it has no GA messing with the reserved number. If Fenway holds strong the others will be fine too. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • when i see 2 optios,.,ga and seated..i cant just clik seated..i cant..my hand cant do it..
    GA all the fuckin way no matter the odds
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • when i see 2 optios,.,ga and seated..i cant just clik seated..i cant..my hand cant do it..
      Agreed 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    keegwood said:
    I think that’s what most people will be trying to decipher...are the extra 10c tickets that are being allocated for these shows enough to allow you to risk GA as your first choice, but getting seats if you don’t get picked for GA. That’s never been my mode of thinking for previous tours, but TC seems to be pretty confident that most, if not all, will get tickets. Due to this, it makes me think it’s worth the risk. But who really knows!?
    That's the way I read it all. That they are sort of giving us the green light to go ahead and try for GA if we want it, because a backup reserved selection in a lower slot should have you covered as a last resort.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    when i see 2 optios,.,ga and seated..i cant just clik seated..i cant..my hand cant do it..

2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    when i see 2 optios,.,ga and seated..i cant just clik seated..i cant..my hand cant do it..
    You guys have it good in Europe. It was weird seeing the GA being the easier to get tickets in the lottery.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,540
    smak said:
    They are stadium shows averaging 40k seats vs arena show with less than half that.  I would hope they have a lot more seats. 

That's probably why there is confidence most, if not all will get tickets. 

Did they ever put 7 US stadium shows in a single draw? And now there are hints for more?

For those that put in for ga for choice one and get shut out, is there any priority in round 2 or is the 2nd round the same chances for round 1 winners and losers?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,400
    My guess is they were allotted more fan club tickets because these aren’t Ticketmaster venues. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,699
    mcgruff10 said:
    My guess is they were allotted more fan club tickets because these aren’t Ticketmaster venues. 

That's my thought as well. No need to follow the TM/Livenation 10% rule, they negotiated directly with the teams/venues, maybe (hopefully) they can have as many tix as they need for the club
    This weekend we rock Portland
    You also likely have enough PJ concert friends anywhere to help you get your GA ticket regardless. Most do not have that luxury.

RiotZact said:
    I just don’t see how they could have aquired THAT many more seats. If I recall from the past, for the higher demand shows, which these all will be, the only way you could (almost) guarantee getting in the building was to chose reserved as your first choice, anything other than that was a gamble. For example, my uncle and I went to both 2016 Philly shows, our strategy was just to get in the building for both nights, so he chose night 1 reserved as his 1st priority and night 2 reserved as his 2nd, I did the opposite, night 2 as my 1st and night 1 as my 2nd. Both of us got our first priority and nothing else. And off of the top of my head I don’t recall anyone posting that they got both nights in any way, shape or form from just one account. I also remember a shit ton of bitching from people who put GA as their 1st priority and reserved as their 2nd and got hosed all together, then bitching that if they had realized that they would have just put reserved as their 1st choice. 

But now they have made some sort of miraculous deal where that is all changed? I really REALLY hope I’m wrong but I foresee a lot of bitching threads and the 10C wishing that they would have re-worded the whole “if not all” portion of the announcement. I’m really not trying to be a naysayer, I will be the first person to thank and applaud them if they really pull this off, but I’m just trying to keep realistic expectations as to not end up being let down. 

I agree. I think they probably have more reserved seats but I seriously doubt the Ga is going to quadruple in size to accommodate everyone’s Ga demands. I think people are reading too much into that line in the announcment. With only seven shows and people flying in from all over the country and world, there will simply be way too much Ga demand. And now, it seems more people are willing to put in for Ga because they are confident in getting a reserve ticket. I’d be shocked if anyone gets GA after their second priority.  There are going to be thousands putting in for GA and there just aren’t that many spots. I’ll actually be shocked if anyone gets GA with even their second choice. Hopefully I’m wrong though :)
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,839
    I sense a bigger gamble on GA tickets if we all know there's a greater chance of reserved seats waiting for us.
    jmug23 said:
    RiotZact said:

I agree. I think they probably have more reserved seats but I seriously doubt the Ga is going to quadruple in size to accommodate everyone’s Ga demands. I think people are reading too much into that line in the announcment. With only seven shows and people flying in from all over the country and world, there will simply be way too much Ga demand. And now, it seems more people are willing to put in for Ga because they are confident in getting a reserve ticket. I’d be shocked if anyone gets GA after their second priority.  There are going to be thousands putting in for GA and there just aren’t that many spots. I’ll actually be shocked if anyone gets GA with even their second choice. Hopefully I’m wrong though :)
    I’m not even really talking about GA though, I’m talking about just getting in the building. I think people are getting a sense that so many reserved seats will be available that they can put GA first and have a sure shot at getting reserved as their 2nd priority or even lower if they miss GA. For that to be the case I think they would have to have acquired a MUCH higher percentage of reserved seats than in the past. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but does anyone remember hearing about someone getting in the building for both nights of Wrigley or Fenway through the 10c? 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,532
    RiotZact said:
    jmug23 said:
    RiotZact said:

I’m not even really talking about GA though, I’m talking about just getting in the building. I think people are getting a sense that so many reserved seats will be available that they can put GA first and have a sure shot at getting reserved as their 2nd priority or even lower if they miss GA. For that to be the case I think they would have to have acquired a MUCH higher percentage of reserved seats than in the past. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but does anyone remember hearing about someone getting in the building for both nights of Wrigley or Fenway through the 10c? 
    Yah Wrigley 1 had more demand than wrigley 2.    Wrigley 2 went a few preferences down.   Some extremely lucky people even got GA night 1 and night 2 on a single membership, because night 2 had a handful of GA tickets spill over into round 2.

You had to make show #1 your main pref though, because night one had huge demand.  IE you wouldn't of gotten both nights if you went ga2/reserved2/reverved1

Most venues/ticket agencies let fan clubs have around 10% (Allthough I think the 10c sometimes negotiates more).    When I'm reading they think they have enough tickets to fill everybodies preferences I'm guessing the have substantially more than 10% of the venue.   You could miss on GA because it's limited, but with a statement like that, you kind of expect them to have alot of reserved seats.
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 493
    Zod said:
    RiotZact said:
    jmug23 said:
    RiotZact said:

You could miss on GA because it's limited, but with a statement like that, you kind of expect them to have alot of reserved seats.
    I hope you’re right! Fingers crossed! 
  • What if I only want GA? do i have to put in a second choice? I’m going for Wrigley but I’ll only make the trip if I have GA. If I get shut out it’s ok but I don’t want to put in any second choice. 
    ...........and Evelyn ❤️

• What if I only want GA? do i have to put in a second choice? I’m going for Wrigley but I’ll only make the trip if I have GA. If I get shut out it’s ok but I don’t want to put in any second choice. 
     You don't need to put in a second choice