Options

Let’s add NYC - MSG after Fenway

13»

Comments

• Options
    Citifield is a nice stadium!
    Yes for baseball it is , MSG or Forest hills would be my choice ...
    Forest Hills sucks. 
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,154
    Get_Right said:
    People have been talking about a NYC residency for many years. I don't think it will ever happen because NYC crowds generally suck and I think the band enjoys playing different cities. 

What do you say to someone who posts false information?

Funny comment about a band that played a whopping total of 3 U.S. cities on the road over the last 30 months...and counting

I'd love to copy the last minute of Faithful from 8.23.2000 that disproves your comment about the band not loving NY over many other cities. Many of which mentioned by name by Ed 

Sorry "Nashville and Cincy and Memphis and Columbus."

Unfortunately the forum won't allow my upload.

Ed also mentioned numerous times the MSG stage is one of the few that rocks off his foundation.

I've experienced that at msg a few times. 

That you can easily verify as those shows are on the net. Try 5.1.16 and 7.9.2003 for starters. Ed startled each time.

From GTF...
    5. 1.16

"Ed says they are happy to be back and he was going to ask the crowd later in the show to get the floor bouncing but it was already happening"

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    edited September 2018
    No doubt they have played some great shows in NYC.   I've been to all of them going back to 96.  No doubt MSG is a special room for the band. But sorry, the crowds in NYC are lame compared to Philly, Hartford and Boston. And I am a New Yorker.   I noticed the same for other bands as well. Philly and Hartford in particular have the loudest crowds. I just think a NYC residency will never happen because I think the band likes to play different rooms. But who knows now that Springsteen has done it and made a boatload of money. Maybe that is the kicker.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,376
    IMO having not ever missed a PJ MSG or Hartford show. Been to about 10 Phily shows, all Spectrums, and about 8 Boston shows.

HARTFORD>NYC>PHILY>BOSTON.

I am from NJ.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    It all depends on the year, sometimes nyc is better than philly.  Other years hartford is better than nyc.  It is so subjective but I can say, I've never seen a particularly bad crowd in any northeast city (except for newark 2010, terrible).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    It all depends on the year, sometimes nyc is better than philly.  Other years hartford is better than nyc.  It is so subjective but I can say, I've never seen a particularly bad crowd in any northeast city (except for newark 2010, terrible).
    The only show that year added later not accessible to fan club members...maybe dont do that?
    I sat on the roof for this one. Sounded terrible.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The only show that year added later not accessible to fan club members...maybe dont do that?
    I had fan club tickets at Newark. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Maybe it was a if you won the first MSG you couldn't get the 2nd? I dont remember exactly, just remember paying a fortune to sit on the roof.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    Temple 

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,154
    Great idea, I'll raise two more Temples at the Temple:

So Grateful they did these shows before it was too late.

.OceansJenny said:
    Temple 

• Options
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    RS65573 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Maybe it was a if you won the first MSG you couldn't get the 2nd? I dont remember exactly, just remember paying a fortune to sit on the roof.
    No that year I purchased ten club tickets for both msgs, Newark and Hartford.