Which Seattle show will you attend?

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
edited January 2018 in The Porch
Night 1 or night 2? 

Which Seattle show will you attend? 21 votes

NIGHT 1
52%
quasideuce1978MozzysprfurryklahnsNot For Youmpar17wbutler29ZeldaZonkjmug23CurtisTWright 11 votes
NIGHT 2
47%
robbielastexit78lowbudgetlushSpiritual_ChaostschavIndifference71KC2917BZchooptimdwilli 10 votes

Comments

• Both is not an option, but no way I would miss either, so mine would be the non-existent option 3
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Both. Not flying from Texas for one show. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • both. not gonna pay $600 on flights and $450 in hotels to only go to one show, regardless of the great rec cannabis or not!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    Both or none, just like the others.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • NIGHT 2
    Well, I can only attend one. So Night 2. Flying from Detroit for 1 show. Silly, I know. Seeing them in Seattle is a bucket list item.
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    NIGHT 2
    I’m only gonna do one. Not sure which yet. I’m local-ish so no expense but $200 for the hotel I booked last week. 
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • both
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Neither
    www.cluthelee.com
  • NIGHT 2
    Neither

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NIGHT 2
    Can only swing 1 show.  Quick 2 night trip....will be our first time in Seattle.  Can't wait.
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 316
    Hopefully both, my Aunt lives there so no room expenses and may have enough points for airfare at least one way. I think I’ve convinced myself that it would be cheaper to go to Seattle instead of Wrigley even though I’m 3 hours south of Chicago. Plus the Sub Pop party is on my birthday. 
  • WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    Both...Hopefully!
  • If you can only have one......Night 2 is always better in my experience. 
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    NIGHT 1
    Probably try for night 1 only because i assume it might be slightly easier to get tickets mid week. Could be wrong though. 
    If you can only have one......Night 2 is always better in my experience. 
    I 100% agree with that. If I'm only seeing 1 show I will ALWAYS choose the second. I think the 2nd is better because the band and crew spend a lot of energy working on setting up and everything for the first night, so they aren't as relaxed or well-rested (and if they're coming in from out of town, they were also probably travelling the day or night before as well). But with the 2nd show, the stage is already all good, the sound checks are perfunctory since it was all worked out before the first show... the band can just kind of chill out more before the show, and it totally shows on stage. Plus, 2nd shows are most often the better night for the fans, i.e. not a week night, or Saturday instead of Friday or something. Fans are always a better crowd when they didn't work the day of the show.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    PJ_Soul said:
    I 100% agree with that. If I'm only seeing 1 show I will ALWAYS choose the second. I think the 2nd is better because the band and crew spend a lot of energy working on setting up and everything for the first night, so they aren't as relaxed or well-rested (and if they're coming in from out of town, they were also probably travelling the day or night before as well). But with the 2nd show, the stage is already all good, the sound checks are perfunctory since it was all worked out before the first show... the band can just kind of chill out more before the show, and it totally shows on stage. Plus, 2nd shows are most often the better night for the fans, i.e. not a week night, or Saturday instead of Friday or something. Fans are always a better crowd when they didn't work the day of the show.
    This year though Wrigley 2 is on a Monday and Fenway 2 is on a Tuesday.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I plan on dancing outside where GA is waiting both night, with my 50 watt boom box cranking out Pearl Jam tunes, getting everyone fired up, I am sure the band or some of the crew will notice and should get them fired up as well. 
    KC138045 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This year though Wrigley 2 is on a Monday and Fenway 2 is on a Tuesday.
    Yeah, that's unfortunate. Still, 2nd show is still better for the other reasons.
  • feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 81
    riley540 said:
    Night 1 or night 2? 
    Both, an maybe Missoula too.

Hotel room booked for both Seattle & Missoula.  Father & son road trip....his graduation & my birthday.
    "Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Posts: 614
    NIGHT 1
    I live here, so I'm planning on both. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • BZBZ Posts: 45
    NIGHT 2
    Both! All in! 
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I'm in the both or none camp!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited January 2018
    NIGHT 1
    I remember in Nov 2000 I got a ticket to night 1 in Seattle with no intention of going to night 2. Ended up going down to the Key and picked up one for night 2 and that ended up being the legendary concert. This time around, I'm just going to both right off the bat (no pun intended). However, I will select Night 1 for first choice (more likely to get better tickets) and Night 2 for second choice.
    Post edited by quasi on
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18