Options

If a new album

ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
edited January 2018 in The Porch
Emerges. Wouldn't it be cool if  to record it live in front of pj fans. 

Now that would be a million time listener

Comments

• Options
    Shyner said:
    Emerges. Wouldn't it be cool if  to record it live in front of pj fans. 

Now that would be a million time listener
    Didn't Neil Finn do that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Lets see how things play out, but given what Jeff said about the amount of recording done, anything is possible at this point.  The last two records they spent a fair amount of time out of Seattle doing a majority of the recording sessions.  It would not be unimaginable to think that they swung the pendulum back for a new record and did the bulk at Litho.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    PB11041 said:
    Lets see how things play out, but given what Jeff said about the amount of recording done, anything is possible at this point.  The last two records they spent a fair amount of time out of Seattle doing a majority of the recording sessions.  It would not be unimaginable to think that they swung the pendulum back for a new record and did the bulk at Litho.  
    I thought he said they were writing a new album not recording or did I miss something.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Doubt they'd record a new album live. Crowd wouldn't be as engaged or half the tracks you'd hear "JAAAAAARAMMEEEEEEEEE" shouted out by drunk guys in the background.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    PJNB said:
    PB11041 said:
    I thought he said they were writing a new album not recording or did I miss something.
    If they were in the studio writing and hashing out song for the better part of 2 months, I can't imagine that the bulk of that was not recorded.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I'd rather have an AOL Sessions or a Radiohead type "from the basement" set.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,284
    Drop a new record in time for the Euro shows (we need new songs!), then record the next record on the road during the soundchecks, just like R.E.M. did with New Adventures in HiFi
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    goldrush said:
    Drop a new record in time for the Euro shows (we need new songs!), then record the next record on the road during the soundchecks, just like R.E.M. did with New Adventures in HiFi

that would be some AMAZING shit!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited January 2018
    PJNB said:
    PB11041 said:
    I've seen some stuff suggesting they have indeed been recording at least a little bit, but I'm afraid I don't recall the sources. Whatever they were, I definitely felt like they were actually already working on it in the studio. God knows if that is actually true or not though. I kind of took Eddie not doing the Hawaii Bill Maher show thing at New Years as a possible sign that he was back in Seattle, maybe with the rest of the band.... And wasn't there a photo of them all together in Seattle recently? But that may be very wishful thinking, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata