Tickets

It's been a long time since I've been able to see a show, due to chronic illness. However, if there is any truth to the Stadium Tour, I would try to go. Here are my questions. In the olden days, all fan club members were pretty much guaranteed tickets, and some of the best in the house. Those tickets were mailed to you. Then it changed, and you had to go to the venue, and wait in long lines, with an ID, to pick up your tickets, before the show. How are tickets distributed now? I know if you buy from Grub Hub, or somewhere like that, you just print out your ticket. Also, I've been doing some reading here, and it seems like all club member's, are NOT guaranteed tickets. What gives? In always went in order of seniority. Longest members, would get the best seats. How does it work now? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    edited January 2018
    Tickets are at will call if you win. Never waited longer than 5 minutes to pick them up. They are not guaranteed, you enter a lottery for them. There is still seniority in the seated areas. Still the best areas. General Admission is usually ten club only.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • I agree.  I've picked up dozens of tickets and never had a long line to wait through.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    What they said. Just keep in mind, there's no refunds if you can't go to the show after buying the tickets through the fan club, no matter what the reason is. Best of luck with your health :)
  • MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116
    First timer trying to buy tickets to see the best band in the world. Question, if I buy 3 tickets and let's say a friend drops out, can I sell the third ticket (for face of course)?
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    MEK42 said:
    First timer trying to buy tickets to see the best band in the world. Question, if I buy 3 tickets and let's say a friend drops out, can I sell the third ticket (for face of course)?
    If you are talking fanclub tickets, you will almost certainly not be able to purchase more than a pair (2) per member like in past years.  Maybe they will be shaking this up this year, but that is how it has been done in the past.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• MEK42MEK42 Posts: 116
    PB11041 said:
    MEK42 said:
    If you are talking fanclub tickets, you will almost certainly not be able to purchase more than a pair (2) per member like in past years.  Maybe they will be shaking this up this year, but that is how it has been done in the past.
    I'm in the fanclub, but my two potential buddies are not. Just curious logistically how that works. Say we want GA -- could I get 3 GA tickets? If so, what if one of them can't go last minute, what happens to that last ticket? 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    MEK42 said:
    PB11041 said:
    MEK42 said:
    I'm in the fanclub, but my two potential buddies are not. Just curious logistically how that works. Say we want GA -- could I get 3 GA tickets? If so, what if one of them can't go last minute, what happens to that last ticket? 
    You could wait for them to post information later this week. No sense in trying to make plans without all the information.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 385
    2 tickets per person, but if you end up with an extra just post it on the forum at face value and someone will buy it within a minute. You’ll just need to meet up with them to hand over the ticket/money. 
  • So just out of curiosity, say you do not win, are you SOL, with the best bet being Ticketmaster or a reseller site?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    So just out of curiosity, say you do not win, are you SOL, with the best bet being Ticketmaster or a reseller site?
    GA is 10 club only so unless you find someone selling theirs here or on social media you are shit out of luck. Reserved seats are mixed in with the general sale seats but your 10 club number dictates where you will sit. The higher the number the further back you will be. The general sale is a crap shoot as well with people getting in through back door methods and getting selected to choose your sits is randomly selected in a waiting room. 
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 385
    A lot of people won’t win. Then you are just like everyone else trying to get tickets through Ticketmaster or resellers. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    MEK42 said:
    PB11041 said:
    MEK42 said:
    You could wait for them to post information later this week. No sense in trying to make plans without all the information.
    Honestly, this is the answer. We all only know how it has worked in the past. We don't know how it's going to work this time around. Things could be the same, things could be different.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    MEK42 said:
    PB11041 said:
    MEK42 said:
    Unless they change this particular ticket draw, you will not be able to get 3 tickets, but again, it is a wait and see if they change it.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Looking at going to the Missoula show.  Does everyone figure this will be a big draw like the rest of the alleged tour? 

Also, do they usually announce the Ten Club lottery winners prior to the general on sale through Ticketmaster?
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,765
    Yes and yes. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Thank you for response.  Much appreciated.
    Calgary, Alberta (1993) / Missoula, Montana (2003) / Calgary, Alberta (2005) / Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (2005) /Chicago, Illinois (2007) / Calgary, Alberta, (2009) / Calgary, Alberta (2011) / Calgary, AB (2013) / Missoula, Montana (2018) / Vancouver, BC (2024)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    MEK42 said:
    PB11041 said:
    MEK42 said:
    You're not getting that 3rd ticket. 2 tix per person per show. If you want a 3rd you have to try and buy it off of someone else with a spare.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata