Options

Announcing 'The Home Shows'

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,736
    edited January 2018
    Just checked Stubhub on these dates and saw a pleasant surprise. Make them all charity shows!

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    iammine16 said:
    Zod said:
    I pricelined on Friday when the dates leaked.  Best i could get was 215usd/night at the staypineapple Hotel Five.  They do charge a resort fee of 17ish a day so it was a bit misleading because thats more like 232 a night... but i couldnt find anywhere better.  

Generally the ones below this start to not have air condition.  You can book the moore, the hotel by the hospital, for cheaper but they dont have ac.  I stayed at the moore on a hot summer day once.  Couldnt sleep.  Might be good for heat people.

I had seen the inn at queen anne too but reviews were terrible.  Im fairly happy with the hotel five.  Its crazy how expensive seattle is in the summer.  In 2013 we got the olive8 hyatt for about 100 bucks. Lol.

I booked the Staypineapple Hotel Five last week as well, seemed to be in the area I was hoping and within my budget
    Same with us. Just waiting to confirm that we can get get tickets and then we'll be booking out flights from Ottawa!
  • Options
    Has anyone thought of Air B&B instead of hotels? That's the route we're taking. Lot's of them around in Seattle and surrounding area. Close to buses and light rail. Hop on the bus. It's a pretty decent transit system.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    Has anyone thought of Air B&B instead of hotels? That's the route we're taking. Lot's of them around in Seattle and surrounding area. Close to buses and light rail. Hop on the bus. It's a pretty decent transit system.
    Thats what I did. It was a steal compared to the cost of hotels
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    NS188099NS188099 Elgin, Scotland Posts: 23

I have a room spare that I booked at 'Hi Seattle at the American Hotel Hostel' if anyone is interested. Looks like about 5 minute walk from the Stadium. $364 for Wed/Thu/Fri nights in a private 3 person room with private bathroom.

Coming over from Scotland for the Home Shows, and staying a bit longer in Seattle so went the airbnb route in Beacon Hill - there were a few available there last night at decent prices, and a good light rail connection to Safeco I think.

Fingers crossed that we get 10c tickets through the lottery now :)

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Thats what I did. It was a steal compared to the cost of hotels
    Got an apartment near pike place for two nights for less than one night at a hotel.
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Airbnb is a great option but wit hthe shows 7 months away and no guarantees and no free cancelations for airbnb i just bit the bullet and booked hotels with free cancellation. Same with flights for the extra $20 i feel good. Sometimes life gets in the way when you least expect it!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    varty yo said:
    Airbnb is a great option but wit hthe shows 7 months away and no guarantees and no free cancelations for airbnb i just bit the bullet and booked hotels with free cancellation. Same with flights for the extra $20 i feel good. Sometimes life gets in the way when you least expect it!
    Only cost you $20 extra for a refundable ticket?  Where are you flying from/which airline?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Southwest comes out with August flights on February 8th. You can cancel with them and receive a travel credit if something happens
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    Question- are the rates negotiated by PJ refundable? I'm looking at the Springhill Suites. I've gone through page by page adding what I want, but I can not tell if it is a refundable rate or not. Can anyone help? Thank you.
  • Options
    epeterson said:
    Question- are the rates negotiated by PJ refundable? I'm looking at the Springhill Suites. I've gone through page by page adding what I want, but I can not tell if it is a refundable rate or not. Can anyone help? Thank you.
    I called the hotel directly and confirmed that the rate is refundable. I booked yesterday and my card wasn’t charged.
  • Options
    epeterson said:
    I called the hotel directly and confirmed that the rate is refundable. I booked yesterday and my card wasn’t charged.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    Do we expect Fenway to be reserved seating on the field again? Is this the policy for all concerts at Fenway?
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    Bruins24 said:
    Do we expect Fenway to be reserved seating on the field again? Is this the policy for all concerts at Fenway?
    Itll be all reserved
  • Options
    Bruins24Bruins24 Posts: 103
    Cool, thanks 
    '95 - San Diego '98 - Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Inglewood 1-2 '00 - San Bernardino '03 - Denver, Council Bluffs '06 - Denver 1-2, Los Angeles 1-2 '09 - Universal City, San Diego '11 - PJ20
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    varty yo said:
    Look in the descriptions. Many rooms are fully refundable minus a service fee up to a week before your booking
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    SR91748 said:
    A little bit ironic that hotel costs are so high, and this show is about homelessness. Maybe someone will open up their lawn for tents. This is a great time of year to be camping in the NW. I expect two great shows. Great to see PJ back in town. Seattle and the NW are so fortunate to have them. 
    A. It's  the high season so hotels are always pricey
    B. Big firefighters convention that same week. So hotel prices already way way up there.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    Just booked 5 nights in West Seattle! Coming from Vancouver, we used to drive down and back in the same day for PJ shows when I was younger to save the cost of the hotel. This time around, we're going to bring our little 1 year old and his Grandma so that my wife and I can relax and enjoy these magnificent shows before heading on to Missoula! So excited!!! Have been waiting for this announcement for a long time!

Oh and for those who are looking for other options, West Seattle on Air Bnb is a great option. We got 5 nights in a house for what it would have cost for 3 nights in a hotel room downtown, plus we're within walking distance to Easy Street and SPF 30. 
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    varty yo said:
    Only cost you $20 extra for a refundable ticket?  Where are you flying from/which airline?
    Flying from Regina sk Westjet is canadian carrier then tranfer to delta in calagary. Yes $20 full refund not a credit
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509

varty yo said:
    Although Air Bnb doesn't have feee cancellation per se, they do have different levels of flexibility for refunds. Some are as flexible as if you cancel before 48 hours of arrival you get a full refund (excluding the AirBnb fees). Yes, you're taking a roll of the dice with the AirBnb fees, but they are only about 10%, so its not too much of a hit if you do have to cancel.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    varty yo said:
    varty yo said:
    Flying from Regina sk Westjet is canadian carrier then tranfer to delta in calagary. Yes $20 full refund not a credit
    Thanks.  Costs about $400 more per ticket from where I am.  Better to book regular and pay the $200 per ticket change charge if we need to change.

• Options
    Banjo said:
    varty yo said:
    Look in the descriptions. Many rooms are fully refundable minus a service fee up to a week before your booking
    Yes, look at VRBO as well -- some properties will offer a full refund if you cancel in a specified time period in advance of rental date.  Some really nice places on there are available. 
  • Options
    SR91748SR91748 Posts: 138
    SR91748 said:
    A little bit ironic that hotel costs are so high, and this show is about homelessness. Maybe someone will open up their lawn for tents. This is a great time of year to be camping in the NW. I expect two great shows. Great to see PJ back in town. Seattle and the NW are so fortunate to have them. 
    A. It's  the high season so hotels are always pricey
    B. Big firefighters convention that same week. So hotel prices already way way up there.
    I'm quite serious about camping. It's a good time of year to sleep outside, and there are lots of campgrounds outside town. Also, maybe someone would open up their lawn. August is awesome in the NW. Agree with others that AirB&B is probably a good option. I haven't used that, but I understand Seattle has lots of Air B&B spots. I've stayed at another Silver Cloud over by Seattle University--it was a nice hotel.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    Arent there cheap hotels in Seatlle? How can they be soooo far more expansive than in Sweden... Or are the PJ-connected ones classy places?
    Nothing is really cheap in Seattle, we also have one of the highest sales tax in the country.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,796
    Quick question.   what is parking like around Safeco?  I'm looking at hotels that are google mapped to be about a 10 minutes drive.  Would i be better off driving or Uber?  I will be flying in and renting a car.  Also looking for advise for hiking trails.  Specifically around Mount Rainer.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Arent there cheap hotels in Seatlle? How can they be soooo far more expansive than in Sweden... Or are the PJ-connected ones classy places?
    Nothing is really cheap in Seattle, we also have one of the highest sales tax in the country.
    Sweden has 25% on goods (12% on food and hotels, 6% on books/newspapers). CAN YOU BEAT THAT SEATTLE?!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    edited January 2018
    Sweden has 25% on goods (12% on food and hotels, 6% on books/newspapers). CAN YOU BEAT THAT SEATTLE?!
    I'd be happy to pay 25% sales tax on good in exchange for Sweden's health care system. :smiley:
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    PinstrpsPinstrps Posts: 109
    Safeco holds just under 49,000 so add a few more for field seating and pit. Some centerfield seats may not be used I'm gonna guess but still, that would be a huge crowd. 
  • Options

Banjo said:
    varty yo said:
    Oh im sure just the ones i looked at or contacted had a cancelation only in the 1st 2 weeks then the ytake a 50% fee if its any ltr. My entire trip in booked with free cancelations if something comes up.

If your willing to let me wait till sept t cancel with only a minor fee id be willing to chat
  • Options
    Seattle is expensive. Rent, drinks, restaurants, hotels.........the rich tech workers from Amazon have driven up the price on everything. Its an expensive city.