Soldier Field vault

Just wanted to hear what everyone thinks of the vault? 
I really like it, a little disappointed in the quality; I thought it would be a marked improvement on the record I already have of it but it's not that much better. Also, I forgot just how rough Eddie's voice is. Perhaps that doesn't bother some people but the start of Corduroy for example, it's a hard listen. 
I'm a collector who listens to his vinyl so I'm really glad I got it but there are other records that will be played more often. 

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,259
    I agree. Had almost exactly the same thoughts.
    I definitely like it. But it isn't my favorite vault for sure. The show was never at the top of my list, partially because of the quality. I always assumed, based on the hype, when a better version was available it would be. Its not.
    I do like it, and I'm glad it was released. It just didn't meet the very high expectations I had of being one of my top boots for pretty much the same reasons you said. It is a fun listen though, and a change from the 2000 and on boots readily available. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    I think the vinyl represents the 95 tour to perfection; ed's voice was definitely shot during this tour.  Definitely not my favorite vault but still solid.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I think the vinyl represents the 95 tour to perfection; ed's voice was definitely shot during this tour.  Definitely not my favorite vault but still solid.
    yeah, that's definitely true. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    It is an improvement on every recording I had heard until now.  I thought given they were 24 tracking it that it would be even better, but alas, I think they may have been dealing with pitfalls of learning how to record an enormous outdoor venue.  It has drawbacks, but it is still worth having.

But, it is a disappointment that the tracks that were not 24 track could not be put in high quality lossless files.  I simply do not get this at all. I get keeping them off the vinyl as they are just straight digital boards, but compressing them (and also editing out all the banter) is a bit of a weird take.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• ZodZod Posts: 10,521
    PB11041 said:
    But, it is a disappointment that the tracks that were not 24 track could not be put in high quality lossless files.  I simply do not get this at all. I get keeping them off the vinyl as they are just straight digital boards, but compressing them (and also editing out all the banter) is a bit of a weird take.
    I'm not sure how it works when you buy it from the 10c website, but the nugs website included the bonus tracks in FLAC format.   I think the HD FLAC was an upconvert of the regular flac, but you can get the tracks in CD quality flag from nugs.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,551
    edited January 2018
    Zod said:
    PB11041 said:
    I'm not sure how it works when you buy it from the 10c website, but the nugs website included the bonus tracks in FLAC format.   I think the HD FLAC was an upconvert of the regular flac, but you can get the tracks in CD quality flag from nugs.
    The FLAC on nugs is just an upconvert from mp3. And the encore tracks that come with HD FLAC are just FLAC 16bit/44.1kHz.
    http://nugs.net/browse/music/18677/Pearl-Jam-mp3-flac-download-7-11-1995-Soldier-Field-Chicago-IL

Show Notes

• The encore from this show is only available from an original mp3 source.  The encore is not included with the CD purchase.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    I love that vault. It's amazing.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    No more sound bouncing off the walls of the stadium is always an upgrade! 
    www.cluthelee.com