Lance Mercer Retrospective/Meet-and-Greet at KEXP

Sound & Vision III: AIM + INTENT by Lance Mercer | A Retrospective
Where: KEXP Gathering Space, 472 1st Ave N, Seattle
Meet-and-Greet: Tuesday, December 19, 4-6 PM

KEXP is thrilled to announce a retrospective exhibit by Seattle's Lance Mercer Photography in the Gathering Space. Several of the pieces shown have never been seen publicly before. FREE and open to the public.

Mercer's dynamic subjects range from passionate basement punks to charismatic characters who eventually formed bands like Malfunkshun, Mother Love Bone, Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Alice in Chains, and Pearl Jam.

More details: http://blog.kexp.org/2017/12/13/lance-mercer-retrospective/

Comments

• Sound & Vision III: AIM + INTENT by Lance Mercer | A Retrospective

KEXP is thrilled to announce a retrospective exhibit by Seattle's Lance Mercer Photography in the Gathering Space. Several of the pieces shown have never been seen publicly before. FREE and open to the public.

Mercer's dynamic subjects range from passionate basement punks to charismatic characters who eventually formed bands like Malfunkshun, Mother Love Bone, Screaming Trees, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Alice in Chains, and Pearl Jam.

Will there be another round of skate decks?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,970

Yes... but they’ll be limited. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446
    on2legs said:

Yes... but they’ll be limited

• I'd love to meet him. Ask him why my 4 $700 prints weren't the right size that I ordered and why he never sent out a replacement print for my print that had the giant scratch across it. Or why he just never decided to reply to my emails regarding the replacement, after he said he'd get one out in the mail to me.
    Sorry, just venting and frustrated with him. I'd love to meet the untrustworthy photographer and tell him what a rip off he is. Buyers beware.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,446

kexp# MotherLoveBone, 1987: "This was the second big photo session we did—the first one at Stone’s house, this second one at Bruce and Stephanie’s small apartment. The butcher paper with stars was made the night before." -- photographer #LanceMercer | more of his photos on display now in the #KEXP Gathering Space through 2/5! blog.kexp.org/gallery

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    I'd love to meet him. Ask him why my 4 $700 prints weren't the right size that I ordered and why he never sent out a replacement print for my print that had the giant scratch across it. Or why he just never decided to reply to my emails regarding the replacement, after he said he'd get one out in the mail to me.
    Sorry, just venting and frustrated with him. I'd love to meet the untrustworthy photographer and tell him what a rip off he is. Buyers beware.

:lol:  he pissed off a bunch of PJ fans last time around.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• I'd love to meet him. Ask him why my 4 $700 prints weren't the right size that I ordered and why he never sent out a replacement print for my print that had the giant scratch across it. Or why he just never decided to reply to my emails regarding the replacement, after he said he'd get one out in the mail to me.
    How do you really feel!!?
    107 Shows and counting
  • cropdustdair said: Hmmm, let's see here...
    I'd love to meet him. Ask him why my 4 $700 prints weren't the right size that I ordered and why he never sent out a replacement print for my print that had the giant scratch across it. Or why he just never decided to reply to my emails regarding the replacement, after he said he'd get one out in the mail to me.
    How do you really feel!!?

Hmmm... Let's see here...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    demetrios said:
    Awesome - just wish he didn't charge so much for a photo though.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Posts: 2,006
    demetrios said:

That's an understatement.
  • demetrios said:
    Man's gotta eat!
  • I went last week, and it is quite an impressive display of photography.
  • Edved007Edved007 Posts: 1,033

I was thinking the exact same thing!  He has treated his loyal fans/customers like dog shit for years now and he never seems to get it...like at all.  Dude's amazing at his craft, just shit at running a business and customer service.

95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Posts: 2,006
    Edved007 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing!  He has treated his loyal fans/customers like dog shit for years now and he never seems to get it...like at all.  Dude's amazing at his craft, just shit at running a business and customer service.

I couldn't agree more. Can't get the guy to email me back about my scratched replacement print, but boy when it came time for me to pay him, I was getting an email from him every 10 minutes. Horrible at customer relations.