Options

Vault 7 processing/shipping has begun...

Comments

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    OK sound quality, Ed's talking cut, the encore mp3 only. Another great incomplete vault choice by the ten club.
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    UPS is horrible. Can't figure out for the life of me, why anyone chooses them for delivery services.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    OK sound quality, Ed's talking cut, the encore mp3 only. Another great incomplete vault choice by the ten club.
    Is the talking cut on the digital version also?
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    I can't say. I'm waiting to use my boot code to download from 10C. However, I'm having second thoughts about getting it at all after reading what people are saying about it.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,972
    Banter is on the digital version. 

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    MedozK said:
    I can't say. I'm waiting to use my boot code to download from 10C. However, I'm having second thoughts about getting it at all after reading what people are saying about it.
    From one Darth to another, the mp3s sounded fine to me when I listened yesterday, banter seems to all be there, though the sound quality still drops off for the encores. All in all a solid addition to the Vault series in my opinion, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Banter is on the digital version. 

Good!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited December 2017
    Not psyched about this one at all sound wise.  I played a little trick on my wife and played side A of the vault, then side B from the Parachuttes “live in Chicago 1995 volume 1” bootleg vinyl and my wife goes “Wow this side sounds way better!! It’s so much richer.”

Maybe not richer, but it’s WAY WAY clearer.  Sounds WAY better.  I have to turn up the vault to 55 to get the same output as 45 on the bootleg.

happy to have it as an addition to the vault collection, but this is the very last time I’ll be spinning it.

Edit: the bootleg has all of the banter and ALL the tracks as well as a bonus  track or two.

Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    From one Darth to another, the mp3s sounded fine to me when I listened yesterday, banter seems to all be there, though the sound quality still drops off for the encores. All in all a solid addition to the Vault series in my opinion, lol.
    As Darth Vader would say, "Impressive."
    Seems like the vinyl buyers are really getting the shaft on this one.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Not psyched about this one at all sound wise.  I played a little trick on my wife and played side A of the vault, then side B from the Parachuttes “live in Chicago 1995 volume 1” bootleg vinyl and my wife goes “Wow this side sounds way better!! It’s so much richer.”

Maybe not richer, but it’s WAY WAY clearer.  Sounds WAY better.  I have to turn up the vault to 55 to get the same output as 45 on the bootleg.

happy to have it as an addition to the vault collection, but this is the very last time I’ll be spinning it.

Edit: the bootleg has all of the banter and ALL the tracks as well as a bonus  track or two.

So the mint green boot vinyl sounds better??  Anyone else feel the same?  Haven’t listened to it yet til after Christmas.  Might just not spoil my ears and just go with whichever sounds better???  Leave the vault 7 on the shelf...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    PP193448 said:

So the mint green boot vinyl sounds better??  Anyone else feel the same?  Haven’t listened to it yet til after Christmas.  Might just not spoil my ears and just go with whichever sounds better???  Leave the vault 7 on the shelf...
    I actually own that one too, but I didn’t compare the vault to it.  I compared the vault to the volume 1 of Live in Chicago, which is just the FM recording pressed to vinyl.  If I did it all again I would leave vault 7 sealed and listen to the full, uncut show this way.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Yea, my vault 7 will prolly be relegated to the shelf. Wish it had sounded better, but I think there was only so much they could do with the source.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    PP193448 said:

I thought the new version sounded better (At least the HD FLAC I listened to).  I never really thought the mint green vinyl or raw FM sources sounded that good.  
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Agreed. I'm happy with this given the source available at that time. 

I have the "mint green" boot (but mine is yellow). But I'm gonna choose this every time. That FM hiss drives me nuts and I think this is an improvement. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    From all the FM sourced shows from this era, I've always thought the Chicago show sounded the worst. Those Fall FM shows from 95 were way better in .

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    From all the FM sourced shows from this era, I've always thought the Chicago show sounded the worst. Those Fall FM shows from 95 were way better in .

San Diego 2 is amazing. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,075
    Mine arrived yesterday in STL. It sounds far superior to the previous fm boots of the past. Packaging is awesome. I’m very happy with this vault!  Love Jack on this record!  Ed’s voice was so raw and perfect. The band was on fire this show!
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344

I agree.... I could never get through the full Soldier Field show the past fifteen years, as I found the various iterations of the mp3 and/or flac bootlegs that were being generously shared to sound less than desirable.

I'm about five songs in on the FLAC Vault 7 version and I think it sounds considerably better than the aforementioned bootlegs.
    Have a good and healthy Holiday season everyone. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Always thought the original 95 boot was harsh sounding.  Bad mix  

this is way better
  • Options
    Everyones going to have different ears and preferences, so I get why people would be disappointed. I'm incredibly happy with this. Yeah the audio source isn't the best. But given the limitations at the time (we know recording shows wasn't their priority), this is pretty damn good to my ears. 
  • Options
    Everyones going to have different ears and preferences, so I get why people would be disappointed. I'm incredibly happy with this. Yeah the audio source isn't the best. But given the limitations at the time (we know recording shows wasn't their priority), this is pretty damn good to my ears. 
    I agree with you. Maybe not "damn good", lol. But I agree
  • Options
    Where are you supposed to find the digital tracks not on the vinyl? My Account?  Can't seem to find them.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Where are you supposed to find the digital tracks not on the vinyl? My Account?  Can't seem to find them.
    look under order history...you have to go to the vault 7 order itself..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I went with the digital version and will most likely end up buying it on cd just because. I could just burn it and put in the bootleg case I bought last Spring. All the banter seems to be there, even though there is a noticeable drop in quality during the entirety of the encore. This show still sounds infinitely better than what I'm used to. I just wish the Vault cd's got deluxe packaging similar to the Let's Play Two and PJ20 sets.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    GREAT mix. Warm, full and clear. Bass and drums sound awesome. Like hearing a totally different show in the best possible way. 

Awesome packaging, too. LOVE the Vaults. 

Thanks, PJ and 10c!!!
  • Options
    The band is great now. But they were also sooooo good back then. Ed just rips. 
  • Options
    And anyone who thinks they play some songs “fast” now should listen to Last Exit and STBC on this. Much faster ... back in 95. And they sound great. 
  • Options
    look under order history...you have to go to the vault 7 order itself..
    Thanks. I swearing checked that before but now its there.

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Anyone outside of the US received this yet?
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,771
    mcgruff10 said:

San Diego 2 is amazing. 
    That show is a killer set. Some of the original boots were quite harsh though, some of the latter mixes that were done in the early augts, I think 2003-04 was when the Monkey Wrench fan project was done (?) sound really really good.  

The digital board of night one in SLC obviously is the most clear and defined sonic-wise, but in terms of shows, and this is like ranking kids...

1. 11.6.95
    2. 11.4.95
    3. 11.7.95
    4. 11.1.95
    5. 11.2.95

Delorean, flux capacitor, please.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652