15 Years Since The Riot Act Tour Warm-up Shows

I will be watching Live at The Showbox tomorrow night.

Comments

• mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,334
    I was lucky enough to get in both nights!  great memories!!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,533
    I missed out on them, but caught the key arena shows.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    Zod said:
    Same here. I won the 10 Club ticket lottery for 12/8/02 and sat fourth row.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    I still recall being out in line at Penn State to pick up 10C tickets when the 10C guys came walking around with a garbage bag full of the showbox DVD.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    So, after watching Live at The Showbox for the first time in a long time, I have a question.

I might have misunderstood, but was Eddie suggesting giving dog shit to the guy from Chile? That was bizarre...

At least the guy from Chile didn't have to wait 12 to 15 years for a South American tour.

Happy Birthday Taylor! If you were 12 back in 2002, you're 27 now!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,533
    Zod said:
    Same here. I won the 10 Club ticket lottery for 12/8/02 and sat fourth row.
    lol.. I was right behind you.  Pretty much dead centre 5th row.

It's kind of funny.  I won all 3 pre-lotto lotto's I entered.   Seattle I '02, Groundwork 2001, and Gorge '05.

I don't think I put in for the showbox shows.. I must of thought it was impossible to pull off..  I should of tried :)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,243
    This band doesn't get into anniversaries much....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,722
    I pulled out the Showbox DVD the other night for the first time in a good while and MAN DOES IT KICK ASS!  Really great performances.  I even like it that there were a few stumbles in "Thumbing My Way".  Keeps it real.  And once the band gets cooking, it really cooks.  I dug PJ early on for their career- the flailing energy, wildness and intensity-  but this is the period where they really peaked for me and it's still my favorite period (and R.A., still one of my very favorite PJ LP's.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    brianlux said:
    I pulled out the Showbox DVD the other night for the first time in a good while and MAN DOES IT KICK ASS!  Really great performances.  I even like it that there were a few stumbles in "Thumbing My Way".  Keeps it real.  And once the band gets cooking, it really cooks.  I dug PJ early on for their career- the flailing energy, wildness and intensity-  but this is the period where they really peaked for me and it's still my favorite period (and R.A., still one of my very favorite PJ LP's.)
    2000-2003 is gold, my friend, gold I say. Both albums and tours were perfection. Incredible songs, NAIS, Of the girl, All or None, Cropduster, You Are, Sleight of Hand, I am Mine, Rival..
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    brianlux said:
    2000-2003 is gold, my friend, gold I say. Both albums and tours were perfection. Incredible songs, NAIS, Of the girl, All or None, Cropduster, You Are, Sleight of Hand, I am Mine, Rival..
    too bad they got all political and shit....
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Haha I'm From Chicago and I got tix to these shows with plans to propose at one of them (Soldier field was our 1st date)..in the end leading up to the shows I decided not to. I didn't want to get down on a knee during even flow, propose, then start jamming again...i popped the question at Merymere Falls which worked out much better, she said yes. The shows were kind of dull, no beer or liquor sales at the key per the band' request??? Wtf?? 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"