Amsterdam- hotels and PinkPop

Hi- I'm planning on flying in from Boston for the 1st 5 shows.  Anyone familiar with Amsterdam willing to chat with me on a few logistic questions around hotels and travel for the 2 shows shows and pinkpop
Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    I Booked my hotel for Amsterdam.  Any suggestions on the easiest plan for PinkPop? where should I stay?    I will be using public transportation from Amsterdam to new hotel and festival.  any help would be appreciated.
    Chris
  • train from Amsterdam...they go everywhere...just book your room for PP now
    you'll see the PJs there too!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
    train from Amsterdam...they go everywhere...just book your room for PP now
    you'll see the PJs there too!
    Looks like a 2 hr train ride from downtown.  Thinking I’ll want to be closer to venue the night of the festival.  
  • Has anyone here been to PinkPop? If so, when? Can you share some insights? Transportation? Places to stay?  Festival grounds pro-tips? ??  Cheers!
    I have never been but booked a place.  Kasteel TerWorm.- I'm told its near by and has a shuttle to festival
  • I live about 30 minutes from the Ziggo Dome. I've been to Pinkpop a couple times...but rather go to the Ziggo...We're still lookin for tickets to the Ziggo. If anyone is in need of a place to crash, and can't find a hotel...let me know...
  • nalyd61 said:
    I have never been but booked a place.  Kasteel TerWorm.- I'm told its near by and has a shuttle to festival
    That place looks cool! Where did you hear about the shuttle?  
  • EnjoyBeingEnjoyBeing Posts: 127
    Is anyone here doing the bus “combi” ticket from Amsterdam to Pinkpop and back?

It’s a long day, but not a bad option if not staying at or near the festival. More info here:

https://www.pinkpop.nl/2018/en/festival-information/transport/

Is anyone here doing the bus “combi” ticket from Amsterdam to Pinkpop and back?

It’s a long day, but not a bad option if not staying at or near the festival. More info here:

https://www.pinkpop.nl/2018/en/festival-information/transport/

nalyd61 said:
    That place looks cool! Where did you hear about the shuttle?  
    Not sure where I heard that.  Possibly the hotel?