Records came dented. Need Help

I recently received my order for four of the LP's (Ten, Binaural, Riot Act, & Avocado) and they all came badly dented. All from the same corner. Box was dented in same corner as damage. I would like to mail these back for an EXCHANGE. I emailed 10C at shipping@tenclub.net five days ago, no response, last night as well with no response. Is there a different email address I should be sending this to? I have used this email address in the past to return/exchange items and response has always been quick and helpful.
Thanks.

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    orders@tenclub.net?

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Posts: 1,094
    Will try that. Thanks.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,243
    Ah dang, good luck OP!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Never dealt with 10C with this type of situation, so not much help. If you had ordered from Amazon... its no problem.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    edited November 2017
    So the jackets are dented, not the records? If you're just talking about the jackets, I am not sure they'll do an exchange if the vinyl itself isn't damaged. Maybe... maybe not. It possibly depends on just how bad the damage is. Just a dented corner then perhaps not. A completely mangle corner so that just getting the vinyl in and out of the jacket is a problem, then perhaps? If the vinyl itself is fucked up, then they probably will send you new ones if you send them photos of the damage (they might also ask you to destroy the records and send pics of that too). You Probably haven't heard back yet because you emailed on the Thanksgiving weekend.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Posts: 1,094
    PJ_Soul said:
    So the jackets are dented, not the records? If you're just talking about the jackets, I am not sure they'll do an exchange if the vinyl itself isn't damaged. Maybe... maybe not. It possibly depends on just how bad the damage is. Just a dented corner then perhaps not. A completely mangle corner so that just getting the vinyl in and out of the jacket is a problem, then perhaps? If the vinyl itself is fucked up, then they probably will send you new ones if you send them photos of the damage (they might also ask you to destroy the records and send pics of that too). You Probably haven't heard back yet because you emailed on the Thanksgiving weekend.
    I am pretty anal with my records. I don't want the records themselves, or the jackets beat up. If these were in a retail store, they wouldn't have been for sale at all, or at least severely discounted. No idea why you would say that. Like selling a brand new car that is dented to shit, but engine is great...but will charge you the same as a car in mint condition. 
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am pretty anal with my records. I don't want the records themselves, or the jackets beat up. If these were in a retail store, they wouldn't have been for sale at all, or at least severely discounted. No idea why you would say that. Like selling a brand new car that is dented to shit, but engine is great...but will charge you the same as a car in mint condition. 
    I agree completely. I am very interested to see how 10C handles the situation. Please keep us updated.
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am anal about it too. I want my records to be in pristine condition when I buy them new. The reason I'm saying that is because of history. I remember 10C saying in the past that they wouldn't do exchanges just because the jacket is a little banged up. I am not expressing my own opinion here about what exchange policies should be, lol. That said, while they've been known not to care about this kind of damage, I think they have also responded positively to it as well, depending on the item. I don't know, but my guess is that their decision might depend more on circumstances than on policy. I.e. if they have a ton of the item in stock they are more likely to respond to requests like this.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,533
    It's tough because the damage is usually done in shipping (not by the retailer).    The retailer could ship like Amazon and put it in the cardboard vinyl mailer, surround it by extra packing paper, then stuffing it into a larger box.   It works but that uses up so many resources it actually makes me feel bad when I get a record from Amazon.

Records are a bit fragile to send through the mail, so if I get the odd one with a lightly dinged corner I let it slide.    I was a bit disappointed the other day because the only copies my local store got of the Poncier EP had the lower right corner pretty crushed (it didn't tear it or anything, but it was crushed).  I bought it because the alternative was ordering of the internet, but I was a little disappointed in how mangled the corner was.
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 729
    I had a situation with one of the album covers from the Mother Love Bone box set where the spine of the lp covers was all torn up.
    I emailed the 10 club a picture of the damage.  They told me that they would replace the album cover if I ripped up the damaged one that I received and sent them a picture of it as proof.  Once I did that they sent me a new album cover without the record at no cost.
    It was definitely a strange feeling ripping an album cover in half.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
    PJINFLA said:
    I had a situation with one of the album covers from the Mother Love Bone box set where the spine of the lp covers was all torn up.
    I emailed the 10 club a picture of the damage.  They told me that they would replace the album cover if I ripped up the damaged one that I received and sent them a picture of it as proof.  Once I did that they sent me a new album cover without the record at no cost.
    Haha, yeah, I recall having to smash up my defective Vault vinyl and sending them a photo of my shattered records before they would replace them. It really didn't feel too good to smash vinyl - I thought it would be more fun, lol. I did learn, though, that using a hammer to smash vinyl is completely ineffective, while the corner of any table makes them practically fall apart with close to no effort. :lol:
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Haha, yeah, I recall having to smash up my defective Vault vinyl and sending them a photo of my shattered records before they would replace them. It really didn't feel too good to smash vinyl - I thought it would be more fun, lol. I did learn, though, that using a hammer to smash vinyl is completely ineffective, while the corner of any table makes them practically fall apart with close to no effort. :lol:

I took the scissors to my Wilco Schmilco defective orange vinyl.

I made a Pacman out of it. they gave me extra points for creativity.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore