Options

A place to leave baggage at in Penn Station, NYC?

indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Hey guys,

I'm going by bus from DC to NYC on Monday when I travel to the city for the MSG shows. I'm wondering if there is any place in Penn Station that has storage lockers, etc. for baggage? Ideally I'd like to hop on a tour bus thing to sight see when I get into the city around 1:30 that afternoon. I don't want to travel all the way to Long Island jus to drop off my stuff at my step-bro's house, then come BACK into the city! I thought about packing light and carrying a larger backpack with me, but in a Post-9/11 society carrying a big back pack into the Empire State Building or the Staton Island ferry would have security all over me like flies on shit!

If anyone can suggest a place to store my bags at Penn Station or near by where I can pick them up later (I'll be taking the LIRR to my step-bro's later) that would be great!
I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    bobby the bum on the floor ;)

seriously i dont think their is anywhere for that
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    there really is nowhere
    and dont leave baggage unattended anywhere near penn station
    nypd bomb squads dont like that
    your much better packing light and carrying a big backpack
    you'll look like a tourist but not a terrorist
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Hey guys,

I'm going by bus from DC to NYC on Monday when I travel to the city for the MSG shows. I'm wondering if there is any place in Penn Station that has storage lockers, etc. for baggage? Ideally I'd like to hop on a tour bus thing to sight see when I get into the city around 1:30 that afternoon. I don't want to travel all the way to Long Island jus to drop off my stuff at my step-bro's house, then come BACK into the city! I thought about packing light and carrying a larger backpack with me, but in a Post-9/11 society carrying a big back pack into the Empire State Building or the Staton Island ferry would have security all over me like flies on shit!

If anyone can suggest a place to store my bags at Penn Station or near by where I can pick them up later (I'll be taking the LIRR to my step-bro's later) that would be great!
    I could be dead wrong, but I believe in the Amtrak area they have lockers for rent. Now you may need to be an Amtrak rider, or I could be entirely wrong, but I believe I remember some lockers when I travelled cross country on the mighty trak!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    jked3jked3 Posts: 167
    They'll let you stash them at the Irish Pub on 8th Ave and 33rd Street right near MSG. That's what my buddies and I do for the Big East Basketball tourney every year.

http://www.tirnanognyc.com/homepage.php
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    jked3 wrote:
    They'll let you stash them at the Irish Pub on 8th Ave and 33rd Street right near MSG. That's what my buddies and I do for the Big East Basketball tourney every year.

http://www.tirnanognyc.com/homepage.php
    I love tirna nog but I would never leave my SHIT anywhere in manhattan if I was traveling
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    there is definetly a baggage check near the amtrack, ask a cop when you get in or any train worker will know where it is, i have left bags there when i have gone to shows before no problem
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way