Options

**Insignificance Appreciation Thread!**

||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
OK, i was just listening to the Boston 2 show and this song blew me away!! I think it's way underrated, and it totally kicks ass live!!! It's a very appropriate song at the moment, during the time of war and all. Chorus is catchy as hell as well!

My favourite part is during the middle part, it's kinda quiet instrumental jam and then it suddenly explodes into a rockin' jam just before the final chorus!!!! I can' help but get up and dance at that point!!! This song has sooo much potential to be one of the band's best live songs!!

Rock on Insignificance!!! And Happy Holidays everyone!
"This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    all in all, it's no one's fault
    excuses turn to carbon walls
    blame it all on chemical intercourse
    the swallowed seeds of arrogance
    breeding in the thoughts of ten thousand fools that fight irreverance
    the full moon is dead skin
    the one down here's wearing thin
    so set are the ten pins as the human tide rolls in
    like a ball that's spinning
    bombs dropping down
    overhead, underground
    it's instilled...to wanna live
    bombs dropping down, please forgive
    our hometown in our insignificance
    turn the jukebox up he said
    dancing in irreverance
    play c3, let the song protest
    the plates began to shift
    perfect lefts come rolling in
    i was alone and far away, hey..
    when i heard the band start playin'
    on the lip...late take off
    bombs dropping down
    overhead, underground
    it's instilled...to wanna live
    feel like resonance of distance
    in the blood...the iron lies
    it's instilled...
    to wanna live
    oh in our insignificance

love this song!!!!

Binaural kickass
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    *I was alone and far away...a hey...a hey hey*

YES!!! I looove this song!! Way underrated indeed. I agree. How cathcy is that little guitar riff?! da da dondon dada don don. I LOVE IT!! And yes, any song that has a super long pause kicks extra ass. Live?! They really extend it. It gets the crowd pumped up even more. :D I also love how Ed chops up the In.....sig.....nif...i..caaaance. He just extends all the goodness with one. :D It was way appropiate this year and I felt this one more than ever. I was praying that the boys would bust this (and other poilitcal ones) out when they came to my area, Silicon Valley. They would just be so fitting here. Yep, and they so knew that! Mt View show they delivered the return of Bushleaguer, Grievance and ofcourse, INSIGNIFICANCE! It was beautiful and oh so perfect. Thank you PJ. :)

This song makes me rock the hell out, major back and forth neck motions going on with this one. It just has such great energy to it. Like it's realitive Grievance, it carries such a powerful message and everything Ed puts into it is so damn intense and straight from the heart. This song rocks, in every way!!

(and happy holidays to you all as well. :) )
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Oh and I must mention these drums and these drum rolls......LOVE EM, LOVE EM, LOVE EM!!! :o

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    <~~~ on a major Binaural kick...had to BUMP this up

(( it's instilled...to wanna liiiiiiiiiiiiive ))

Damn this song has some serious power!! It really is one of the catchiest songs ever. These drums, this riff, Ed's voice, this jumpy bass line, these words...everything about it just attacks you. I love it!!!

:D

Thanks PJ!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Originally posted by VEDHEAD27
    <~~~ on a major Binaural kick...had to BUMP this up

(( it's instilled...to wanna liiiiiiiiiiiiive ))

Damn this song has some serious power!! It really is one of the catchiest songs ever. These drums, this riff, Ed's voice, this jumpy bass line, these words...everything about it just attacks you. I love it!!!

:D

Thanks PJ!

I'm with ya Lyd! Soooooooo damn catchy! Ed's voice is powerful, Matt's drumming just makes me wanna jump up and down constantly, and the riff is just craaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

Bombs dropping down, please forgive OUR hometown in our IN-SIG-NIF-ICANCE!

MAJOR LOVE FOR THIS SONG! AND MAJOR LOVE FOR BINAURAL!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I think this is the 1st time I've posted in an "appreciation" thread... but I feel the need to w/ this song. Insignificance was one of the 1st PJ songs I learnt on bass, and from the moment I got it down, it completely opened up for me. I knew it was a good song, but since then I knew it was just brilliance! It has become one of my favourite PJ songs of all time too... it's not #1, but it's way up there! I love the pause... and listening to it on Binaural I always think the pause should be there too. I love the "I was alone and far away...a hey...a hey hey" bit that Ed does live too!

I think this song is majorly underrated.
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • Options
    this was the song that got me into pearl jam in the first place... ;_;
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p
  • Options
    SpomenkaSpomenka Posts: 145
    hey! i love thiso ne!
    it's the first PJ song i heard....
    when i first heard it i thought he was saying
    'bounce up and down' but when i got the lyrics i realized it's much more complexed than that
    Pearl Jam pieces...

This is how I saw it one day: Insignificance at the Porch of Mankind

http://www.blogovanje.com/Storms_Of_Small_Ocean/komentari.php?id=17
  • Options
    LOL!!

"bounce up and down"

OMG that is so cute. haha. Never heard that one before. Yeah definitely a stronger message going on there. But the song sure does force you to bounce up and down, so there is a connection. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    great song... one of the best off Binaural!
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    Originally posted by Spomenka
    'bounce up and down'

LOL :)
    em ot sselecirp si y c a v i r p
  • Options
    the HOB version rules...i just watched it and WOW!
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    Could be the best from Binaural. Of the Girl and NAIS may disagree. However, it is a damn fine rocker. And the sense of despair, the feeling of "damn, I did everything I could, but I couldn't..." that the music relates from the lyrics is just astonishing. One of those songs IMO that defines PJ. Contains everything about PJ that I have come to cherish. And it is one of their best live. Easily.
    Live Free or Die!