wrigley weekend -lets play 2

i am thrilled that Lets Play Two has been released, its been a long wait for someone who was at the first 2016 Wrigley concert.  well, i was across from the bleachers in a rooftop club - we couldnt get tix in the ballpark. 

it was a great plan B, however.  the folks at Brixen Ivy have always been very, very good to me when we booked them for Reds/Cubs games.  this time they reserved us 4 seats in their front row, unexpectedly.  the fellas loved the open bar while the ladies appreciated the semi private indoor plumbing.  and food! 

we stayed downtown on Wabash about a half block from a great record store on Madison.  i always go there every trip to Chi -and i dont own a record player. yet.  always seem to walk out with a few things.  this time dude behind counter told us we missed the drummer from pearl jam by an hour. (we were wearing PJ shirts). i would have never bothered Matt, of course, but it would have been cool to flip through vinyl next to him. 

thankfully it was the Air Show weekend, jets were buzzing overhead all weekend.  they helped pass the 4 hour midday wait for merchandise day before show.  we heard about the murphys rooftop thing as it was happening but had plans in the city. that was the moment the die hards in the group figured we might get a blu ray out of the Wrigley shows.  hopefully!  especially since our vantage point offered an extremely obstructed view. 

i was in town during the 2013 show but had my two youngest in tow at the white sox game, their choice. we made it through entire game and most of fireworks when the PA instructed us to leave stadium, bad weather was imminent.  the red line was under construction and we had to wander to green line? then the weather turned unholy, sheets of rain pounding the ground.  it lasted for hours. i remember waking up next morning and learning about PJ playing til 2am. attaboys!!! 

as we approached Wrigley on foot from the Addison red line stop it started raining. oh no!!! thankfully it didnt last too long and ill never forget Eddie referencing the weather cooperating this time during Release intro.  thank goodness! 

cant wait to see the documentary at the cinema 10/3...