All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Mine is delightful. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,051
    If anything, I'd say my copy of Lightning Bolt is quieter than the rest. 

OG and reissue of Yield sound great. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    dudeman said:

how is your No Code reissue sound?
    dudeman said:

are you using a conical or elipticol needle?
    No Code reissue sounds great too.

I have an elliptical stylus. I also clean my records. I wet brush every time I play a side. Even then, there is still an occasional pop. Kind of the nature of the beast. Truthfully, I really only notice when I'm actively listening for it or in the space between songs. 

Have you considered a record cleaning machine? 

Static can cause popping and crackling too. Is your turntable grounded properly? Are you doing anything to reduce static? 
    dudeman said:

I have an elliptical stylus. I also clean my records. I wet brush every time I play a side. Even then, there is still an occasional pop. Kind of the nature of the beast. Truthfully, I really only notice when I'm actively listening for it or in the space between songs. 

Static can cause popping and crackling too. Is your turntable grounded properly? Are you doing anything to reduce static? 

dudeman said:

I have a carbon fiber brush......
    other vinyls sound ok........a record cleaning machine......what do you recommend ?
    JP33 said:
    dudeman said:

dudeman said:

I have a carbon fiber brush......

dudeman said:

what kind of wet brush do you use?
    Old school RCA Discwasher. Works for me. 
    cool............thanks