Options

Hail Hail

LauriLauri Posts: 748
this song confuses the hell out of me. what does it mean!!! what does it mean!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Yeah it rocks!
  • Options
    Everyone has their own interpretation. I understand it as someone loving a person so much that they will do anything to be what that person wants them to be. Past mistakes have tainted the relationship into uncertainty. Wanting to be in love again rather than go through the motions. Trying to convince that change for the better is possible given the chance. Striving to share and grow together regardless of the circumstances. Doing whatever it takes to avoid being apart.

I could be way off base here but this is what comes to mind when I listen to Hail Hail. A great song on a kick ass album.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I really like your take on it RiledInMySassyTree.

To me...I think it is definitely a love song, just not really your typical love song. I just see it as a relationship on the rocks. Two egos colliding but the want for this to work out and the want for this love and togetherness is soo strong that sacrafices become inevitable. But then it becomes a theme of selfish love. Seems like a lot of "what about ME? do you know how this effects ME?" arguments surrond the song (in my mind). It basically comes down to look, it is all about YOU, I will be whatever YOU want me to be because I love YOU and I want this to work." Kinda like giving up, giving in because the love is all that really matters. Things get tainted, throught the song I kinda get the feeling that sacrafice is willing to be made but there is anger because it is only being made on one part and its frustrating. Not sure if I can describe it any better but that's how I interpret the song. I love it. I think it's very REAL.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    i dunno what the song is about because the first few notes have kicked me in the ass and im hurtin.. :o:D:D:D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"