Options

Soooo.....

2»

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    PJ_Soul said:

Why would you want the original?  The only reason I can think of is if you think it will be a good investment.

Pearl Jam fans hoard everything, I too am a Pearl Jam fan
    But why?  To what end?  I am just a recovering collector and it is freeing not having to buy every last thing this band puts out or stand in hour long lines.  I think eventually most collectors on here will come to this same conclusion at some point.  It is just a band at the end of the day.
    Vault 7 is a perfect example. This show was recorded on radio and is perfect, we've all had it for years on our iPhones right? Bootleg vinyl has been around forever as well with the same high quality sound. Why are people paying $50? I'm not getting one because I've already had it for 20 years. It is what it is, I want an Original LP of Binaural. 
    For me, it's because I ONLY have a set up for vinyl in my home because it sounds the best, both because of the format and my stereo. I never ever listen to digital at home, so it's vinyl or nothing (by choice, obviously). That's just for walking around out of the house with my mp3 player. There are real reasons why people prefer vinyl, both because of sound (either because of the pressing, their stereo, or both), and for the other reasons that people like the format (physically handling it, the process of taking it out, looking at the art, dropping the needle, etc). :) As for bootleg vinyl... I would never buy that. It is illegal and usually shit quality, and therefore a waste of money.
    I agree. I'm not solely vinyl, but I like the process more. Friends who come over always get a kick out of watching it. But I couldn't give up digital completely, partially due to availability and cost, but sometimes with 2 small kids I need something easy to put on. The whole vinyl surge seems kind of annoying to me. No reason Avocado or Binaural should be selling for $300. They were available for years through 10c, then suddenly when it becomes the cool medium for music all the vinyl I want is ridiculously overpriced. I remember in the mid 90s I I bought OP Ten still sealed and a used Vs for less than the CD costs. 
    But agree even more about Soldier Field. I dont get those who don't want it, I have yet to hear one of the available bootlegs of that show, including the radio feed, that are on par with the official bootleg quality. I cant remember the last time I listened to any unofficial boot because they all suck in comparison. Never listened to the vinyl, but I have a feeling I'd feel sick if I dropped a few hundred bucks on that vinyl 20 years ago and listened to it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Olders will have a different cover, sound has yet to be determined on the new.
    For damn sure keeping an original.

you got-damn right, sir.

Binaural OG is a beauty!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore