Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    TigaSefi said:
    Wait? they are playing London O2 Arena? didn't they say they'll never play that venue again due to smoking on the stage and breaking the curfew. I absolutely hate that arena. Shame it couldn't be Leeds again. I suppose I'll have to do one Ziggo dome and one O2! Better than nowt.
    Will it be by ballot again? I just remembered how expensive the tickets were for recent Eddie's solo tour.
    If London is an arena show, i would take the o2 over wembley arena any day.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Move Berlin back a day and I could possibly pull off 3 shows with Prague and Krakow. 3 countries I have always wanted to see. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited November 2017
    I love the day off in between... i had a feeling it would become a norm after the ballpark shows and seeing other older larger acts move in that direction recently 

For those that wouldn't like that setup, if you're travelling to europe, or anywhere, don't you want to check it out? 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    I don't necessarily think they are going to worry about traveling fans when scheduling a day off in the same city.  They'll sell out the shows regardless.  Maybe PJ has a higher percentage than most bands, but you're still looking at a pretty high number when talking about fans that are seeing 1 show.  Plus, it will help the local economy with fans going out and spending more money on hotels/food/shopping, ect.  

But I get that it's a pain in the ass, especially for people traveling out of the country.  Definitely will make you think about which shows you want to see.  
  • Options
    If im in Amsterdam seeing PJ i would need the day off between lol
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,941
    It's the time away from the kids that is my biggest problem. I could get away with two nights but couldn't leave them for three at a time, particularly when London and Amsterdam will be so close together. Then you have to factor in increased costs which will stretch my budget.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529

And I'm back....just not going to tell anyone info I've heard on here about announcements and be wrong.

There is no reason you have to see both shows in a city.  This is coming from someone who has seen a lot of concerts though.  If you would travel to a city if they only played one show and had been happy to do it, then ignore that the second show exists and go home afterwards (assuming it is at the beginning or end of your run of shows and not in the middle). 

• Options
    Kearn5y said:
    TigaSefi said:
    Wait? they are playing London O2 Arena? didn't they say they'll never play that venue again due to smoking on the stage and breaking the curfew. I absolutely hate that arena. Shame it couldn't be Leeds again. I suppose I'll have to do one Ziggo dome and one O2! Better than nowt.
    Will it be by ballot again? I just remembered how expensive the tickets were for recent Eddie's solo tour.
    Eh, I'm a much bigger fan of Wembley. The O2 is hideously corporate; last time I went in I had two poor dudes with heavy drink containers on their backs arguing about who got to serve me because their pay was clearly commission based. Then the show started and I had them and security guards walking in front of me all night. Hate it in there.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • Options
    edited November 2017

And I'm back....just not going to tell anyone info I've heard on here about announcements and be wrong.

There is no reason you have to see both shows in a city.  This is coming from someone who has seen a lot of concerts though.  If you would travel to a city if they only played one show and had been happy to do it, then ignore that the second show exists and go home afterwards (assuming it is at the beginning or end of your run of shows and not in the middle). 

Agreed... we only went to Fenway 1 and didn't regret that decision at all

I usually only go to 1 MSG show as well
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    LeleRMLeleRM In My Tree Posts: 16
    CopperTom said:

12.06- Amsterdam ziggo dome
    14.06 - Amsterdam ziggo dome
    16.06 - Pinkpop
    18.06 - London O2 arena
    20.06 - London O2 arena
    22.06 - Milan san siro stadium
    24.06 - Bologna
    26.06 - Rome stadio olimpico
    1.07- Prague
    3.07 - Krakow
    6.07 - Berlin waldbühne
    8.07 - Werchter
    10.07 - Barcelona
    12.07 - Madrid Mad Cool fest
    14.07 - Lisbon alive fest
    Last time PJ played in Rome was 21 years ago; time has come for another show i guess...hope it's going to be true
    Rome 07/07/1993 - Rome 11/12/1996 - Milan 06/22/2000 - Bologna 09/14/2006 - Verona 09/16/2006 - Milan 09/17/2006 - Pistoia 09/20/2006 - Zagreb 09/26/2006 - Venice 06/15/2007 - Nijmegen 06/28/2007 - Werchter 06/2972007 - Rotterdam 08/13/2009 - Berlin 08/15/2009 - Arras 07/03/2010 - Werchter 07/04/2010 - Venice 07/06/2010 - Stockholm 07/07/2012 - Oslo 07/09/2012 - Milan 06/20/2014...
    EV: Florence 24/06/2017
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Agreed... we only went to Fenway 1 and didn't regret that decision at all

I usually only go to 1 MSG show as well
    I think the older I get and the more shows that I have been to, I can get behind this.  Although I'd be chomping at the bit if they were playing in the same vicinity that I was, I would get over it.  Although I'd secretly be following the setlist and hoping the show wasn't as good as the one that I went to, haha........just kidding, sort of
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    Kearn5y said:
    TigaSefi said:
    Eh, I'm a much bigger fan of Wembley. The O2 is hideously corporate; last time I went in I had two poor dudes with heavy drink containers on their backs arguing about who got to serve me because their pay was clearly commission based. Then the show started and I had them and security guards walking in front of me all night. Hate it in there.
    Fair enough but the sound is crap at wembley
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    chriszeechriszee Posts: 107
    my2hands said:
    I love the day off in between... i had a feeling it would become a norm after the ballpark shows and seeing other older larger acts move in that direction recently 

For those that wouldn't like that setup, if you're travelling to europe, or anywhere, don't you want to check it out? 
    Pearl Jam fans check a city out??? No way, they'd rather wait on the sidewalk in a GA line
  • Options
    just_one said:
    TigaSefi said:

yes , the ticket prices have crossed my mind...
    80 eur average. #Eggs
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,932
    barcelona is non festival right?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    i cant believe that i ve been to italy so many times and at so many different cities and never been to rome!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LeleRMLeleRM In My Tree Posts: 16
    i cant believe that i ve been to italy so many times and at so many different cities and never been to rome!!
    I hope this 2018 will bring u a trip to my old city...but after last year rumours gone to nothing, i'm pretty disillusioned about that...will see...
    Rome 07/07/1993 - Rome 11/12/1996 - Milan 06/22/2000 - Bologna 09/14/2006 - Verona 09/16/2006 - Milan 09/17/2006 - Pistoia 09/20/2006 - Zagreb 09/26/2006 - Venice 06/15/2007 - Nijmegen 06/28/2007 - Werchter 06/2972007 - Rotterdam 08/13/2009 - Berlin 08/15/2009 - Arras 07/03/2010 - Werchter 07/04/2010 - Venice 07/06/2010 - Stockholm 07/07/2012 - Oslo 07/09/2012 - Milan 06/20/2014...
    EV: Florence 24/06/2017
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    chriszee said:
    my2hands said:

Pearl Jam fans check a city out??? No way, they'd rather wait on the sidewalk in a GA line
    And the merch line
    Don't  ever forget the merch line
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Can we get a show in Phoenix this year?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    chriszee said:
    my2hands said:

And with the possible day off between shows they'll be lining up even longer!

I just can't imagine being in Europe with my wife, (with no kids!) and then lining up in a line for hours.  I think I'd be on my 2nd divorce lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    chriszee said:
    my2hands said:

I just can't imagine being in Europe with my wife, (with no kids!) and then lining up in a line for hours.  I think I'd be on my 2nd divorce lol.  
    HA!  My wife wouldn't do it either.  She'd be waiting in a bar somewhere.  

And I wouldn't do it either. I'm not missing out on exploring a city, or sitting in a bar with some friends, so I can get a poster.  It's nonsense
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    chriszee said:
    my2hands said:

I'm done with merch after last tour. Whatever is left during Even Flow is what I get, otherwise it's eBay for something I really want. My time is more valuable. Never waiting in a multi hour line for merch ever again.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,997
    weremin23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    chriszee said:
    my2hands said:

I'm done with merch after last tour. Whatever is left during Even Flow is what I get, otherwise it's eBay for something I really want. My time is more valuable. Never waiting in a multi hour line for merch ever again.
    I'm the same way. I finally realized that most merch just sits in a drawer somewhere except for the odd poster that I might hang up. If I'm traveling to a show, I want to spend as much time in the city as possible.
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Don't know if it will be the same in Europe as far as merch lines.  The two shows I did in 2014, there weren't any line ups (at least no where near what the recent US shows were like).
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Jimminez said:
    Don't know if it will be the same in Europe as far as merch lines.  The two shows I did in 2014, there weren't any line ups (at least no where near what the recent US shows were like).

Taormina was crazy as were a couple of other Eddie solo shows. Less people at these shows too but only one merch stand so hard to compare I guess. 
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    Amsterdam 2014 was LONG but I nabbed the last good looking poster for night 1. Spokane/Portland was even longer. I guess the trick is to queue up early.
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    edited November 2017
    For Greenville last year, got in line about 2 hours before merch sales started and was still a couple hundred people back. Didn't mind waiting though.  Met some nice people and weather was perfect. Merch sales started at 1:00 and I was checked out by 1:45. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,023
    Never stood in a Pearl Jam merch line in Europe for more than two minutes.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    If the line is longer than about 15 minutes I'm not waiting. It's criminal to be in any of the European cities that PJ might play and not enjoy the atmosphere. Yes, you can meet some great fans in line, but come on - that does not beat spending a day in Amsterdam or Prague or Rome or ..... really, almost anywhere. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited November 2017
    mrk2 said:
    Never stood in a Pearl Jam merch line in Europe for more than two minutes.
    The Merch stands were still open after the Show here in Perth...Posters still available as well...
    Post edited by i_lov_it on