Who Sings on "Touch Me I'm Dick" By Citizen Dick?

HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
I can't believe I still don't know this after this long. everything I've read states it's the band from the movie. is it actually Matt Dillon that sings vocals on this track?
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    It's EV.
    I also read that. But it doesn't sound like him to me. the only part of the vocal track that sounds like him is when he screams. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    I always thought it was Mark Arm from Mudhoney.
  • The soundtrack to Cameron Crowe’s Singles has long been heralded as a turning point in the Seattle grunge movement. Packed with tracks from Pearl JamSoundgarden and Mudhoney, the OST was certified twice platinum, and helped further indoctrinate grunge into the American music canon.

Most interesting, however, was the soundtrack’s omission of Citizen Dick, the fictional band fronted by Matt Dillon in the movie. That’s about to change as “Touch Me I’m Dick” will receive an exclusive 7-inch release for this year’s Record Store Day on April 18th.

The song, which features Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, and Jeff Ament, is effectively a parody of Mudhoney’s classic “Touch Me I’m Sick” but, you know, with more dick jokes.

The b-side of the 7-inch features an etched quote from Dillon’s character, Cliff Poncier, explaining the meaning of the song: “I think a lot of people might think it’s actually about, you know, ‘My name is Dick, and, you know, you can touch me,’ but, I think, you know, it can be seen either way.”

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    If that's Eddie then he's doing one hell of a Mark Arm impression. I assumed that his credit on the song was on drums. 
  • It's definitely Ed.
  • mojo10mojo10 Posts: 43
    it's ed. more like his bad radio / proto rchp style of singing. who played drums? dave?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Absolutely Ed....plain as day
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Absolutely Ed....plain as day
    obviously not to me. i listened to it last night and it still doesn't sound like him to me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Me.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    I can't believe this is still being talked about. If the singing doesn't convince you, the "Natas...natas" at the end should convince you it's Ed.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,650
    Cliff, while we’re young
  • E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    “Little Elvis...”
    I can't believe this is still being talked about. If the singing doesn't convince you, the "Natas...natas" at the end should convince you it's Ed.
    i always love these types of comments. akin to a teenager making fun of someone for not hearing the latest gossip. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,741
    Haven't listened to that for about 20 years.  After a fresh listen, it sounds like it could have been a Spin The Black Circle demo.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Haven't listened to that for about 20 years.  After a fresh listen, it sounds like it could have been a Spin The Black Circle demo.
    Same.   Just hit up YouTube.   Sounds like Eddie to me
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste