Trade: Fenway Thomas Orange for Classic SNES

Anybody get lucky and get a Classic SNES preorder today? Willing to trade my Fenway Thomas Orange unsigned copy for a classic snes.....pm me if interested. 

Comments

• Classic SNES? I'm not familiar...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,016
    I got one, but not interested.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    CopperTom said:
    I got one, but not interested.
    Looking to sell it? 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,016
    Nope.  I'll be playing it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    I m tempted op. Let me think about it
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    CopperTom said:
    Nope.  I'll be playing it.
    Then your comment really was pointless
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,226
    I tried pre-ordering today too but no luck.  Same with the NES mini last year. Good luck!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,990
    If I got one I would make that trade in a heartbeat. I would probably play the SNES about an hour before losing interest vs. getting the Thomas framed and enjoying it every day.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ^agreed.
    If no one takes your trade, you can always get a Raspberry Pie and easily rig it to play all the games you can find ROMs of for about any system up to PS1. Easy.
  • I played the hell out of Ken Griffey baseball all the way through college.  Good luck in your search op!
    Thanks.   Can't believe had bad the presale was.  Had it in my cart probably 10 times and couldn't check out
    will give somebody a black tour hat as a finders fee if they find/sell me one for close to cost
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    edited August 2017
    X2 post
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
    edited August 2017
    I wouldnt pull the chute yet.  I was able to score like 6 nes classics for me and friends... including some people here, and by nintendo's account, this will be easier to come by.  Many similar principles apply to these and pj merch and concert tickets.  

Seriously.  As pj fans, we are battle hardened and well-trained for these types of things
    If you get a extra, I'm your guy. I can't wait in line at stores with family/job so figured I had slim chances
  • TFlyerTFlyer Posts: 881
    uhhh....I actually have a real SNES? Not that new "classic" mumbo jumbo :rofl:
    edited August 2017
    Ill keep trying to get them once they go on sale, ill keep you in mind.

General rules... create a profile on nowinstock.net and set up text alerts.  Set up their google+ notification too.  Create accounts on best buy, gamestop, amazon, newegg, etc with shipping and billing addresses where possible.  Make sure you are always signed in or your password is remembered.   Sometimes, old f5ing and persistence is necessary too.  Might need to buy a bundle (not one of those laughable thinkgeek things).  This is how I scored the 6 NES Classics.

I don't do the in-store thing... there is a brickseek site that shows target inventory.  I tried to get in line when nes went on sale.  Showed up 25 mins early, was 14th in line and they had 5 units.  I feel like if i was a little more motivated and did 65 minutes i would have gotten one (extra 5 minutes to beat people planning on arriving 'an hour early').

Also, Im not sure of your location, but that Amazon same-day delivery seemed to make it much easier to snag a NES classic if you lived in one of those cities where this is available (mine wasnt). 

Look into the raspberry pie/retropie too.  While i understand the novelty of these retro machines, and get them myself... retropie owns.  Its cheaper and pretty east to set up.  You can have all NES, SNES, Sega, Atari, TG16, etc games right there.  Pretty much the exact same quality as the NES classic... and more features.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557
    TFlyer said:
    Does it output HDMI and do you have Star Fox 2? I see what you're saying because unlike the crappy design of the NES, it's easy to find "real" SNESes that are still functional without major surgery. However, the SNES cartridges are so expensive. Earthbound alone is worth getting an SNES classic.
    TFlyer said:
    Does it output HDMI and do you have Star Fox 2? I see what you're saying because unlike the crappy design of the NES, it's easy to find "real" SNESes that are still functional without major surgery. However, the SNES cartridges are so expensive. Earthbound alone is worth getting an SNES classic.
    https://www.amazon.com/Tendak-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B00KBQZC4M/ref=as_sl_pc_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=supflyfisgea-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=CKSJPIQKDV6TDG24&creativeASIN=B00KBQZC4M
    MayDay10 said:
    TFlyer said:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tendak-Composite-Converter-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B00KBQZC4M/ref=as_sl_pc_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=supflyfisgea-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=CKSJPIQKDV6TDG24&creativeASIN=B00KBQZC4M
    That takes an HDMI input and converts it to composite. Not the other way around.
    MayDay10 said:
    Interesting. The price makes me think the quality would be awful. I would think an S-Video to HDMI converter would be better. I suppose those exist, too?
    Just scored a preorder online from walmart
    MayDay10 said:
    Just scored a preorder online from walmart
    Nice....now score another for me please