Options

Zac Brown Band covers "Black"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited August 2017
    Its better than that one country singer that butchered Betterman.  

I Do like Sugarlands cover. (Betterman)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,970
    mcgruff10 said:
    I can't get into country voice Pearl Jam.

And did he seriously sing:
    "Her legs spread out before me as her body lie still"??
    Those aren't the words?!

Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay
    Were laid spread out before me as her body once did
    I wonder if ed knows the official words lol. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    I enjoyed this.  I feel like I am supposed to hate Zac Brown Band, but their covers are all really enjoyable.  I don't know much of their music, but have come across a lot of their covers and all a lot of fun.
  • Options
    here's my take on the zac adjustment
    the dude is talented x 10. love his music and love his choice of covers. he closed with paradise city when i saw him on this tour!
    when he recorded jason isbell's dress blues he changed the lyrics slightly. it caused a bit of an uproar within the dbt/isbell community as people thought it changed the whole meaning of the song, by zac changing just a a few words
    100% for sure zac knew the exact words for dress blues and imo made a conscious decision to adjust for reasons unknown
    he did the same with black here. why? we might never know but if i was to guess it's a bit of a poke to all of us music lovers and to the many lyrics of songs that are commonly known that we think/sing are right, that are not. black and this lyric is a perfect example. i bet only a very small % of people sing the actual words to this line in black. most sing what zac sang.
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    pjhawks said:
    People who claim they've never heard a band do a great cover of a Pearl Jam song have obviously never heard Gaslight Anthem do State of Love and Trust. 
    Aaron Lewis doing Black, Seether doing Immortality and Prince doing just the music for Even Flow I think are pretty good ones in my opinion,
    Willie Nelson kills it on "Just Breathe".
    That is a damn good cover!
    Yes it is. I think I prefer Willie's take more than the studio cut from Backspacer.