Options

12th Anniversary of Vic Theatre show

100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
edited August 2019 in The Porch
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1050188/pearl-jam-aug-2-2007-chicago-vic-theatre

Happy Anniversary!

Time to play the bootleg today. Likely the most unique setlist played to date. Santos checking in the 10C members and slapping wristbands on. The band's backstage area actually being the alley behind the venue. Standing outside the venue since 8am in anticipation. From All or None to Parachutes to In Hiding to Undone to Hard To Imagine to Lowlight to Black Diamond and even Ed's I Used To Work in Chicago and All The Way.

Magical experience. Who else was there? 

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
Post edited by 100 Pacer on

Comments

• Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    Yewwwww! Amazing night! Top 5 show for me! 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm getting goosebumps just reading your post

I really wish the EV opening little set was included on the boot. Oh well

"I wrote one about the White Sox... it's called fuck em"
  • Options
    Love the boot. 

Man 10 years since 2007.... Im old :(
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,636
    Got tickets 20 minutes after going on sale by refreshing F5 miss those days. 

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Got tickets 20 minutes after going on sale by refreshing F5 miss those days. 
    I reached official F5 Ninja status that day
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,548
    What an amazing show.  Currently working on a my very first "blog" with way too many words about the whole experience based off of memory (and re-listening to the boot 500 times over the years), hoping to post later.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    I may have got one of the last pairs of tickets F5'ing that day.  It had to be at least 30 minutes.  What a show. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    10 years since the debut of "All the Way"
     =) 
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    I may have got one of the last pairs of tickets F5'ing that day.  It had to be at least 30 minutes.  What a show. 
    They were in my cart after I'd given up. Didn't even realize. Amazing show...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    EDDIE WOULD GOOOOO!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    My h2i was finally earned that day- the fugly neon shirt

had a blast waiting in line meeting everyone, prepping for Lolla- still the best one in Grant park by far
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Holy crap. Ten years. Wow. Aside from any night with my son and family, this was the best night of my life. Right on the rail by Stone. If some 6'5" tall asshole was in front of you on that side...sorry. Time to crank the boot!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    Wow, I remember that. I went to Milwaukee with my friend who was living there at the time and he dropped me off at the Vic. I went to the nearest bar and met Speedy McCready for the first time. Then on that Sunday night after Lollapalooza, someone randomly handed me a CD bootleg of the show.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Love the boot... can't get enough of the All or None opener.  Amazing  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Great show, 10 years already? wow
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Here's my attempt at putting that entire experience into words.  If nothing else there's some pics and other things in the slideshow at the bottom.      
    https://goo.gl/5WRRd9

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

Here's my attempt at putting that entire experience into words.  If nothing else there's some pics and other things in the slideshow at the bottom.      

Very cool post on that day!

I wasn't in the 10c back then unfortunately so I wasn't even able to try to buy tickets, but it's still one of my favorite boots to listen to. Whenever I see a show at The Vic, I always think to myself "I can't believe fucking Pearl Jam played here!!"  
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    Yeah, great show.  We did the double header and saw the Cubs lose to the Phillies 10-6 in the afternoon, then PJ at night.  Then 3 days of Lolla that weekend.  Saw EV with Ben Harper on Friday as well.  Great weekend. My 14th and 15th PJ shows.
    I finally saw EV sing the 7th inning stretch May 12, 2015 the day before the Who shows that year.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Love that show - I really wish they'd release Vault 2 on vinyl!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    PJ_Soul said:
    Love that show - I really wish they'd release Vault 2 on vinyl!!
    yes!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    listening now, one of my favorite bootleg shows that i wasn't at.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Very cool post on that day!

I wasn't in the 10c back then unfortunately so I wasn't even able to try to buy tickets, but it's still one of my favorite boots to listen to. Whenever I see a show at The Vic, I always think to myself "I can't believe fucking Pearl Jam played here!!"  
    Thanks!

I think last time I was there was for a brew and view years ago.  
  • Options
    I personally enjoyed watching the Phillies spank the sorry ass Cubs during the day, while it was 147 degrees in the shade

Why is Chicago so damn hot when I see PJ there? lol
  • Options
    DM44143DM44143 Posts: 73
    Wow. ten years. Where does the time go? I was there. I remember a couple weeks leading up to the show tickets went on sale. I had my co-worker doing the F5 business on his work computer, while I tried mine. He got them quick as was like "is this what you want?"  I about jumped over my cubicle in excitement.

I re-arranged my flight as was going with Lolla with friends and came into town early. My ticket partner said he would get in line early that day/night before and he did. We were like 9th and 10th people in line. I remember it being hot as hell waiting in sun and people cheered when the sun went beyond the skyline and we had shade. The manager of the Vic looked like he was going to have a nervous breakdown before the show. He was wearing this button down shirt with chilli peppers design on it (the vegetable, not the band). By 4 pm he was chain smoking and cussing up a storm about the people and side-walk situation. Frankly, I was a little nervous too as some people tried to cut the line, but security was great. In fact, I have no desire to every sit in line all day again. Too much stress and would rather drink.

Everything worked out great and I was dead front row-center where Ed would be. I could reach out and touch the stage. It was somewhat bittersweet being in Chicago that weekend. My previous 4 year girlfriend and I broke up earlier that year. One of the vacations we went in 2006 was to Chicago to see the band play and it was a memorable time. Once, I got into the venue, that all went away. i remember Ed being like 6 feet in front of me and I was like Jesus Christ, Ed is performing right in front of me. At the end of his pre-set he walked over and put his guitar pick in my palm. I was relocated for work several years ago and the movers packed my belongings and shipped them to my new city. I put that guitar pick in my wallet. I wasn't about to lose that.

Thanks for letting me go on about that night.

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    https://youtu.be/avtK9Bz0sPg

Such a great start to an amazing weekend, I'll never forget that show. I'd only decided to go to Lollapalooza a week or so before (one of those drunk late night conversations - "Should I go to Chicago next week?", "Why?", "To see Pearl Jam...", "Fuck yeah, do it!" - I don't think my mates expected me to follow through with it!) I flew over from Sydney on my own on the Wednesday in time for Lolla, slept through most of Thursday jetlagged as all hell, then got a cab to the Vic. I didn't have a ticket but I thought it would be cool to get the atmosphere and maybe meet up with some people before Lolla. 

I started talking to a South African guy; we were listening to the stories everyone was telling about how far they'd come, what they were expecting etc. He had two tickets but the guy he was with hadn't turned up yet. As soon we heard Ed's preset starting we knew something special was happening. He turned to me, said "Fuck this, man" and gave me his friend's ticket! We got in there in time for 'I Used To Work In Chicago' and all it cost me was a 'We Come In Peace' shirt for his friend and a couple of beers!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    goldrush said:
    https://youtu.be/avtK9Bz0sPg

Such a great start to an amazing weekend, I'll never forget that show. I'd only decided to go to Lollapalooza a week or so before (one of those drunk late night conversations - "Should I go to Chicago next week?", "Why?", "To see Pearl Jam...", "Fuck yeah, do it!" - I don't think my mates expected me to follow through with it!) I flew over from Sydney on my own on the Wednesday in time for Lolla, slept through most of Thursday jetlagged as all hell, then got a cab to the Vic. I didn't have a ticket but I thought it would be cool to get the atmosphere and maybe meet up with some people before Lolla. 

I started talking to a South African guy; we were listening to the stories everyone was telling about how far they'd come, what they were expecting etc. He had two tickets but the guy he was with hadn't turned up yet. As soon we heard Ed's preset starting we knew something special was happening. He turned to me, said "Fuck this, man" and gave me his friend's ticket! We got in there in time for 'I Used To Work In Chicago' and all it cost me was a 'We Come In Peace' shirt for his friend and a couple of beers!
    Wow! Amazing story man! Wish I would have been there.
  • Options
    I remember the south African guy had a big sign for most of the day that he came from south Africa and needed a ticket... sounds like he got some tickets!
  • Options
    Bump for 11 years!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    edited August 2018
    One of my favorite bootlegs.  <3 Hard to Imagine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjwOnPH2WU

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"