Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides 7 & 8), Round 3

2»

Comments

• Off He Goes
    Get rid of this garbage of a song already!
    What????  Looking for shock value or something?  The music from Mike on this is nothing short of amazing (even if inspired by the legends).
    The only thing shocking is that everyone finds 6 other songs on this disc to be weaker than this piece of crap.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I Am Mine
    Get rid of this garbage of a song already!
    What????  Looking for shock value or something?  The music from Mike on this is nothing short of amazing (even if inspired by the legends).
    The only thing shocking is that everyone finds 6 other songs on this disc to be weaker than this piece of crap.
    I'm guessing you don't play guitar, do you?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Yellow Ledbetter
    I've already stated that I'd rather they just let Mike wail for three and a half minutes.  Yes, I know the guitar is what it's about.  But attempting to make it into anything but an instrumental song with Ed's unintelligible rambling and repeated use of the word "wayside" absolutely kills YL to the point I hope I never have to hear it ever again.
    Yellow Ledbetter
    I don't really see what's so special about the guitar in this song vs anything else Mike does, anyway?  I don't really like the riff all that much, either.  Not my style, not my taste.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    Nothing As It Seems
    hey it's tuesday, shut this down!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    edited August 2017
    Yellow Ledbetter
    I've already stated that I'd rather they just let Mike wail for three and a half minutes.  Yes, I know the guitar is what it's about.  But attempting to make it into anything but an instrumental song with Ed's unintelligible rambling and repeated use of the word "wayside" absolutely kills YL to the point I hope I never have to hear it ever again.
    I don't dislike it quite as much as you do, but I still totally feel where you're coming from! I can hardly believe there are people who think it's better than NAIS!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Nothing As It Seems
    I don't really see what's so special about the guitar in this song vs anything else Mike does, anyway?  I don't really like the riff all that much, either.  Not my style, not my taste.
    Can you explain exactly how you feel about this song.  Your point isn't really coming across.  Do you like it or not?
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Can you explain exactly how you feel about this song.  Your point isn't really coming across.  Do you like it or not?
    Hahaha!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    edited August 2017
    Off He Goes
    Theres also miles apart between the studio version of YL which is godlike in its moodyness and the live version.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Yellow Ledbetter
    Are you fucking kidding me YL is going to make it through to another round. That is just straight fucked up. It should have been gone round one. Worst song they ever did.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Nothing As It Seems
    There is a reason Rival is not on this record at all.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Nothing As It Seems and I Am Mine eliminated
This discussion has been closed.