Options

Let's Play Two Vinyl, CD/DVD, Blu-ray, Slipmats & Stickers

Comments

• Options
    rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    my2hands said:
    Of course some wrigley/cubs stuff will be featured... of course it's going to be a Touring Band style mash-up of both 2016 shows... of course the 2016 will eventually be released 

The only real questions to me is will any 2013 footage be used, which seems likely... and is there a deluxe boxset and will that feature more of the 13&16 shows?  and when and if the 2013 boot will ever be released? it wasn't their strongest performance so I'm not so sure it's vault material... I think the London warmup show is the future vault release... maybe it gets a regular boot release with the 16 shows down the road
    Yep, agreed. Wrigley 2013 either as a Vault release or as part of this box set or whatever it's called is highly unlikely.  Probably the only part of 2013 that makes the cut will be the "All The Way" duet with Ernie Banks on a bonus disc.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    Why release the wrigley shows in this format; everyone knows fenway 2 was the best of the 4 ballpark shows. ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I'm a baseball fanatic and I would prefer to keep the cubs stuff at a minimum. And yes, the second Fenway show was far and away the best baseball stadium show of last year. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rrebern said:
    The dude partied all night and sprayed fans waiting outside Wrigley with champagne while wearing the Cubs mascot's head.  At least Theo was wearing pants, which even a supposedly sober Clark the Cub can't seem to manage.  The guy seems as genuinely happy as Ed is and the bonus disc should include tons of footage like that.
    I've never understood the obsession and big deal everyone makes about Clark the Cub and pants?  The Phillie Phanatic doesn't wear pants.  Dinger doesn't wear pants.  TC doesn't wear pants.  The Pirate Parrot doesn't wear pants.  D. Baxter doesn't wear pants.  Lou Seal doesn't wear pants.  BJ Birdy doesn't wear pants.  Slider doesn't wear pants.  Paws doesn't wear pants.  Raymond doesn't wear pants. Billy the Marlin doesn't wear pants.  Orbit doesn't wear pants. The Oriole Bird doesn't even wear a shirt.  Quit picking on Clark! :tongue:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Why release the wrigley shows in this format; everyone knows fenway 2 was the best of the 4 ballpark shows. ;)
    Wrigley release: I'm sure the choice was all Eddie Vedder, such a passionate Cubs fan. Just an example: he occasionally dials in during the Cubs' local radio broadcasts for a quick chat at late hours on overseas tours (or from wherever he's touring at the time) to discuss how the team is playing and where things are headed.  And according to Theo he's frequently on the horn to see what's shaking at trade deadline and hot stove times, but Theo keeps a tight lid on it.  Basically, Ed's always plugged in.

Boston2 FTW? Right on. If it moves you, mission accomplished, you found your happy place that we all seek!  I may slightly disagree about the "ranking" but Boston2 was a bad mofo of a show! No wrong answers when it comes to art in my humble opinion.

If I had my say all PJ shows would be released both audio and video, whether physical disc or digital download. Surely there's enough demand for it to be viable, but maybe the boys aren't so comfortable with the "warts and all" aspect of the video format or the inevitable musical flaws exposed in any given show, especially as they age. Maybe someday they'll lighten up a bit and let us have our Fenway2 BluRays :)

• Options
    rrebern said:
    The dude partied all night and sprayed fans waiting outside Wrigley with champagne while wearing the Cubs mascot's head.  At least Theo was wearing pants, which even a supposedly sober Clark the Cub can't seem to manage.  The guy seems as genuinely happy as Ed is and the bonus disc should include tons of footage like that.
    I've never understood the obsession and big deal everyone makes about Clark the Cub and pants?  The Phillie Phanatic doesn't wear pants.  Dinger doesn't wear pants.  TC doesn't wear pants.  The Pirate Parrot doesn't wear pants.  D. Baxter doesn't wear pants.  Lou Seal doesn't wear pants.  BJ Birdy doesn't wear pants.  Slider doesn't wear pants.  Paws doesn't wear pants.  Raymond doesn't wear pants. Billy the Marlin doesn't wear pants.  Orbit doesn't wear pants. The Oriole Bird doesn't even wear a shirt.  Quit picking on Clark! :tongue:
    Yeah I think it all originated from a Deadspin article that encouraged anthropromorphising Clark in that region of the costume. You know where. Then the famed writer and notorious Cardinal fan Will Leitch brought in even more clicks and attention with a mocking article. The pantsles meme kinda took off after a few "artists renderings" were submitted.  So I'd blame Deadspin and their founder. 

But all that having been said I'd actually prefer to have no mascot at Wrigley. We've got tight enough quarters as it is. Just watch the game.  But I guess they gotta make it more kid friendly or something.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    rrebern said:
    rrebern said:
    Yeah I think it all originated from a Deadspin article that encouraged anthropromorphising Clark in that region of the costume. You know where. Then the famed writer and notorious Cardinal fan Will Leitch brought in even more clicks and attention with a mocking article. The pantsles meme kinda took off after a few "artists renderings" were submitted.  So I'd blame Deadspin and their founder. 

But all that having been said I'd actually prefer to have no mascot at Wrigley. We've got tight enough quarters as it is. Just watch the game.  But I guess they gotta make it more kid friendly or something.  
    stupid kids are always wrecking baseball...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The Phillie Phanatic is the only team mascot worth mentioning 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    WTF is wrong with the Chicken?  Are you a commie or something?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    We're talking about mascots

6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    rrebern said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:

Ha!  I remember that one.. hilarious...
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    Just saying...could there be two box sets -
    one for each stadium?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    rrebern said:
    rrebern said:

Oh how hypocritical of Will Leitch.  Turns out his beloved Fredbird is pantsless too.

The Whitesox ditched their pantsless Ribbie and Roobarb in favor of a fully-clothed Southpaw.  The name is definitely a better fit for them.

OK, I'm following A.I.'s lead and getting outta this mascot BS.  Gotta focus on our Wrigley release.
    Post edited by rrebern on
  • Options
    nuzzer1 said:
    one for each stadium?
    YES!!! Love it!  Blu-Ray or Digital Download for All.. Imagine all the time that would free up for the kind folks over at Better Than Nothing!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,110
    I get the feeling they planned to release the Wrigley shows on Bluray before they even played them.   The rooftop thing seemed like vignette for the dvd/bluray.   They wore the same clothes for both shows, so they could easily be edited together.    They're basically Eddie's hometown shows, so it was probably something he wanted to do in advance.

Given how few videos the band puts out, and how they didn't hold back the cd's for Fenway, I'm guessing they didn't have the same plans for those shows.   We know they were filmed (well at least one of them was) because they screened it, but it was probably a trial run to iron out the kinks for filming Wrigley.

You never know.  It's gold like that they can release out of the vault in the future.   I think there's now been a number of shows they've filmed but haven't released (I keep hoping Gorge '05 gets released someday).
  • Options
    rrebern said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    one for each stadium?
    YES!!! Love it!  Blu-Ray or Digital Download for All.. Imagine all the time that would free up for the kind folks over at Better Than Nothing!
    Then what would I do with my free time?
    If Wrigley is a compilation (I imagine it will be), there would be a Wrigley 2 complete show...that effort was just too good to limit it to a compilation or partial show.
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    Zod said:
    I get the feeling they planned to release the Wrigley shows on Bluray before they even played them.   The rooftop thing seemed like vignette for the dvd/bluray.   They wore the same clothes for both shows, so they could easily be edited together.    They're basically Eddie's hometown shows, so it was probably something he wanted to do in advance.

Given how few videos the band puts out, and how they didn't hold back the cd's for Fenway, I'm guessing they didn't have the same plans for those shows.   We know they were filmed (well at least one of them was) because they screened it, but it was probably a trial run to iron out the kinks for filming Wrigley.

You never know.  It's gold like that they can release out of the vault in the future.   I think there's now been a number of shows they've filmed but haven't released (I keep hoping Gorge '05 gets released someday).
    They have been filming all of the shows with the same crew since the Lightning Bolt tour began. They have continued to slowly increase the amount of camera angles and add remote and robotic cams. The Director they added to their team is top notch, and their crew and camera men are excellent. They save all of the HD footage from every night. What is put on the screens during the concert now is not done by the venue staff, it is done by their own team. That same footage can be edited in post production in the highest possible quality from every show. Not much different would be really done for the stadium show concert Blu-Ray footage other than a few tweaks and adding Danny Clinch to the equation. Whatever other documentary footage or whatever direction they choose to go in, the concert filming is not anything different then their normal concert filming.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,110
    steved said:
    Zod said:

They have been filming all of the shows with the same crew since the Lightning Bolt tour began. They have continued to slowly increase the amount of camera angles and add remote and robotic cams. The Director they added to their team is top notch, and their crew and camera men are excellent. They save all of the HD footage from every night. What is put on the screens during the concert now is not done by the venue staff, it is done by their own team. That same footage can be edited in post production in the highest possible quality from every show. Not much different would be really done for the stadium show concert Blu-Ray footage other than a few tweaks and adding Danny Clinch to the equation. Whatever other documentary footage or whatever direction they choose to go in, the concert filming is not anything different then their normal concert filming.
    That's cool they have a proper filming crew out every night.  I assumed they recorded everything.   I only meant that it felt like they went into the Wrigley shows knowing that they those specific shows were going to get a video release (hence the same wardrobe and filming on top of murphy's bleachers).   My only argument was they had already made up their mind which show(s) to release a video of before they even played it.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    rrebern said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    one for each stadium?
    Then what would I do with my free time?
    If Wrigley is a compilation (I imagine it will be), there would be a Wrigley 2 complete show...that effort was just too good to limit it to a compilation or partial show.
    Great point!
  • Options
    Zod said:
    steved said:
    Zod said:

That's cool they have a proper filming crew out every night.  I assumed they recorded everything.   I only meant that it felt like they went into the Wrigley shows knowing that they those specific shows were going to get a video release (hence the same wardrobe and filming on top of murphy's bleachers).   My only argument was they had already made up their mind which show(s) to release a video of before they even played it.
    I agree completely. The clothes. The Murphys rooftop.  Ed Hometown. This was absolutely premeditated all the way!
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    steved said:
    I agree completely. The clothes. The Murphys rooftop.  Ed Hometown. This was absolutely premeditated all the way!
    Wrigley had signs everywhere about filming, in and around Wrigley. They weren't hiding any motives for that weekend.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,740
    Still hoping they release Fenway's Night 1 show on Blu-ray, being that there was a video screening party the next day for fans to see.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/256784/free-fenway-show-screening-party-tonight

• Options
    This band likes to act like nothing is planned out... but playing 2 shows at Wrigley and filming it for a major release was probably planned 3-4 years ahead and Wrigley 2013 was their planned test run... 

They might tweak plans along the way, but I'm sure they have most things generally planned out 3 years ahead
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    I am not a commie!!!

You are right, i will show respect to the San Diego Chicken. He's the only thing even close to the Phanatic!
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    This band likes to act like nothing is planned out... but playing 2 shows at Wrigley and filming it for a major release was probably planned 3-4 years ahead and Wrigley 2013 was their planned test run... 

They might tweak plans along the way, but I'm sure they have most things generally planned out 3 years ahead
    I doubt this very much.  This is a band that can't even think ahead to book studio time a few months in advance, as their lives have taken on such different priorities with families and side projects and solo tours. Everything seems to be at most six months to a year out. The thought that playing Wrigley field for the the first time in 2013 they would be thinking.. hmm, we are going to come back in three years do this again and film, I doubt  was ever something that was a thought that far in advance. Maybe they thought, wow, this was awesome we would like to come back and do it again.. just my thoughts.. I wish they were some well oiled machine with plans that far in advance.. we would get better vaults, more Material etc.. they do what they want, when they want when it is convenient for them. Not that at this point in their lives they shouldn't. They have had long distinguished careers.

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    my2hands said:

I doubt this is what happened as well
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    I have never seen film crews walking around the crowd before.  They did this at Wrigley.  More than just standard filming.  There was a crew filming the line waiting to get in the venue.   They kept motioning to cheer.  
  • Options
    I won't believe it until its officially announced.  Been patiently waiting since 2013.  I can wait a little longer, but cant wait to relive Wrigley!
    . . . the in between is mine.
  • Options
    I have never seen film crews walking around the crowd before.  They did this at Wrigley.  More than just standard filming.  There was a crew filming the line waiting to get in the venue.   They kept motioning to cheer.  
    Watch Immagine in Cornice :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"