Options

Ghost

I'm not big into metal at all, but was talked into seeing this show in Denver tonight and I couldn't be any more thankful. Amazing show. Great talent and performance. I will definitely be seeing them again. Anyone else into them?

Comments

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    They're opening for Iron Maiden in ten days. I'm definitely thinking about going. You think they're worth checking out?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    They're opening for Iron Maiden in ten days. I'm definitely thinking about going. You think they're worth checking out?
    Yes they are!

Papa Emeritus II will be my Halloween costume this year!
  • Options
    100% Do it!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    i saw them for the first time with maiden on 7/12. i was completely blown away. i think those guys are the future of metal. everything about the show was great. the costumes, the methodical way papa emeritus interacted with the crowd and calmly walked around the stage, the stage setup and backdrop, and the music was great. i had never heard any of their music until last wednesday and now i am hooked. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

• Options

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4qdLFaJArw&feature=share

this if from the show I saw. I love the :21 second mark where papa emeritus points to someone in the crowd and goes "you too, fat guy!!"  i almost spit out my beer when he said it.

• Options
    i saw them for the first time with maiden on 7/12. i was completely blown away. i think those guys are the future of metal. everything about the show was great. the costumes, the methodical way papa emeritus interacted with the crowd and calmly walked around the stage, the stage setup and backdrop, and the music was great. i had never heard any of their music until last wednesday and now i am hooked. 
    You nailed it! Awesome to hear you enjoyed it. The Nameless Ghouls are also extremely talented. Now you just have to seen them in a non-opening show. Saw my first show in Denver where they headlined a small venue about 2 weeks ago and now I'm totally hooked too. Looking forward to future music and shows from them. 
  • Options
    Seeing them open for Maiden on Saturday.  Missed them on their tour recently.  I am looking forward to seeing them finally.
  • Options
    You nailed it! Awesome to hear you enjoyed it. The Nameless Ghouls are also extremely talented. Now you just have to seen them in a non-opening show. Saw my first show in Denver where they headlined a small venue about 2 weeks ago and now I'm totally hooked too. Looking forward to future music and shows from them. 
    yeah next time i will catch them as headliners. i notice that on this maiden tour, maiden takes a couple of days off in between shows. ghost has been playing shows in other cities in between maiden shows and then meeting back up with maiden for their shows. those guys are working hard. i looked it up and they played in st louis in september as headliners, and are here opening for maiden 10 months later. it looks as if they have been here yearly going back to 2013. will definitely catch them next time. 

• Options
    Seeing them open for Maiden on Saturday.  Missed them on their tour recently.  I am looking forward to seeing them finally.
    i think you will dig them. they were refreshing. I wish i had seen them indoors where it could be dark. They went on at about 7:30 or 7:45 so it was too bright outside to get the full light show, as you can see from the pics i posted.

• Options
    New album recording after this tour. Should be many more shows next year. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    Playing in philly tomorrow.  Was thinking of going but tix were kinda expensive and it's sold out.  Stubhub tix were kinda expensive also.   Saw them last time they were in town.  Unfortunately skipping this one :disappointed:

p.s.  I started a ghost thread like a year ago :wink:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Playing in philly tomorrow.  Was thinking of going but tix were kinda expensive and it's sold out.  Stubhub tix were kinda expensive also.   Saw them last time they were in town.  Unfortunately skipping this one :disappointed:

sorry man, i did a thread search for "ghost" and this was the first one that popped up so I posted. :)

yeah wait until next time when they will have extra material!

• Options

Sorry, I'm definitely late in the game. I couldn't find much when I searched either
  • Options
  • Options
    ah man that is awesome!! what did you think??

was this last night's show? if so, you saw the final appearance of papa emeritus III on us soil. He is going to be papa emeritus IV when the new record comes out.

also, rumors of a live album out by christmas. 

i have been following some of the facebook ghost fan pages and they are a lot like our community. they travel from city to city and help each other get tickets, etc.

i am a big fan of these guys at this point. 

• Options

• Options

was this last night's show? if so, you saw the final appearance of papa emeritus III on us soil. He is going to be papa emeritus IV when the new record comes out.

i have been following some of the facebook ghost fan pages and they are a lot like our community. they travel from city to city and help each other get tickets, etc.

I listen to them and liked the studio stuff to a point. 

Last night was amazing. Absolutely amazing. 
    The showmanship and theatrics of the whole band was great. Very interactive with the crowd. 

So the music. 

Was soooooo much better live! I am a huge fan now. If they are around I'm going. What a great show!!!

the music was much heavier than I expected which was a pleasant surprise. 

So Papa and the Ghouls have a new fan now. A big fan. 
  • Options

I listen to them and liked the studio stuff to a point. 

Last night was amazing. Absolutely amazing. 
    The showmanship and theatrics of the whole band was great. Very interactive with the crowd. 

So the music. 

Was soooooo much better live! I am a huge fan now. If they are around I'm going. What a great show!!!

the music was much heavier than I expected which was a pleasant surprise. 

So Papa and the Ghouls have a new fan now. A big fan. 
    great pics!

yeah i have been listening to some of the studio stuff and the live versions are better. a lot more guitar live and less keys. have you noticed how papa's voice has changed from album to album? I am wondering if each papa has a different voice.

from what i have been reading about the band, papa is super nice and is super cool to his fans. some people said that he stood outside of a show earlier on this tour, i think one of their headlining shows, and just hung out and took pics with everyone and signed autographs for everyone there. 

some of the accounts of some of the fans say that they have suffered from severe depression and have reached out to papa on social medial and he has messaged with them and helped them through bad times. as scary as he looks, he seems like he is a good person, like our man Eddie V.

the two guys i went to the show with are now bigger fans than i am. we have a 3 way group text going and i woke up today to a text from 5 am of a live video of square hammer, haha...

rumor now is, ghost has played their last american tour for this album cycle. they are going to work on a new album and will debut papa emeritus iv. i still think the original version is much scarier than the current guy.

we were thinking about dressing us as nameless ghouls for halloween, haha...

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946

Why does he sing like Michael Stipe. Haha. 

They're playing here in Gothenburg/Sweden in september. But I'm scared it's gonna be as cringey as Alice Cooper a few days ago.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

They're playing here in Gothenburg/Sweden in september. But I'm scared it's gonna be as cringey as Alice Cooper a few days ago.
    you know, he does kinda sound like him, haha

this will be way better than alice cooper. i think the other people in the thread would agree with me and say the same. the music is better live than on the records. the atmosphere is pretty cool too.

their fans call the shows "rituals", and from what i read from other fans, all of them are different.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946

this will be way better than alice cooper. i think the other people in the thread would agree with me and say the same. the music is better live than on the records. the atmosphere is pretty cool too.

their fans call the shows "rituals", and from what i read from other fans, all of them are different.
    Okey, i'll catch them. I missed them the last time they played here. No reason to miss them again.

And, just for the record – I liked Alice Cooper. He's pretty funny (and sings better than I thought he would). Man behind the mask sounded really good. But the band he had with him was pure cringe. 

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Okey, i'll catch them. I missed them the last time they played here. No reason to miss them again.

And, just for the record – I liked Alice Cooper. He's pretty funny (and sings better than I thought he would). Man behind the mask sounded really good. But the band he had with him was pure cringe. 

i used to love man behind the mask!! i was in like 4th grade when friday the 13th part 6 came out, and the video for that song was my favorite video of all time!! haha...

you should hear the monologue that papa gives before monstrance clock. it is about religion and the female orgasm. he pretty much explains the birds and the bees to one person in the crowd. in the video, because he is so polite,  he tries to clean it up for the kids in the audience. funny stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOjZYNirDS8

• Options

i used to love man behind the mask!! i was in like 4th grade when friday the 13th part 6 came out, and the video for that song was my favorite video of all time!! haha...

you should hear the monologue that papa gives before monstrance clock. it is about religion and the female orgasm. he pretty much explains the birds and the bees to one person in the crowd. in the video, because he is so polite,  he tries to clean it up for the kids in the audience. funny stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOjZYNirDS8

HAHA!!! He talked about tickling our taint with hard guitar and everyone enjoying an orgasm when we got home, lol!
  • Options
    he talked about us getting our taint tickled real good too!!!! haha.  good stage banter there.

• Options