Options

The Worst Movie Ever?

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    Bridesmaids. 

Just brutal.
    Melissa McCarthy taking a dump in the sink was hysterical though.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Out of the movies I've watched lately, I'd have to say Blue Velvet. Dennis Hopper was interesting and there were a few far out scenes,  but overall it did nothing for me. 
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Annafalk said:
    Mine has to be The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The most painful 2 hours, or however long, I have spent on a movie. Not one moment in the film was I happy to be watching it. 
    I didn't like this movie either, I really enjoyed the book but I guess it just didn't fit like a movie. It gets too strange.
    The TV show was pretty funny, I thought.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited July 2017
    Annafalk said:
    Mine has to be The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The most painful 2 hours, or however long, I have spent on a movie. Not one moment in the film was I happy to be watching it. 
    I didn't like this movie either, I really enjoyed the book but I guess it just didn't fit like a movie. It gets too strange.
    Ahaaa, this sounds interesting, must check this out, thank you :)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    Any movie they try to make from a Stephen King book. They fuck it up really every time.
    Many great movies made from King's books..
    Irréversible was terrible..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Regarding Henry ... I had to watch this Bullshit instead to Terminator 2 because the dipshits at the theater deemed me less the 17 years old back in 1991.  This movie pisses on the grave of Han Solo. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtipW0DoQBs
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:
    Ahaaa, this sounds interesting, must check this out, thank you :)
    It probably shows its age but I used to love watching it over and over.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,264
    edited July 2017
    Oh c'mon... Borat is hilarious and Eyes Wide Shut is a top 50 movie of all time.

I have to disagree. Any movie so full of sex that manages to be devoid of passion and eroticism, that makes orgies boring, that also has the temerity to cast eternally-wooden Tom Cruise in a lead role, is a stinker. Kubrick's detached view of humanity notwithstanding, those remain 2+ hours of my life that I want back.

Edit to add:
    Pretty much all of that, minus Tom Cruise (thank G-d!), could be said about Showgirls, too. Never has so much sex been so boring; it was numbing.
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    edited July 2017
    Showgirls, obviously.
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Three movies I walked out of/ turned off:
    Robocop II (I don't do graphic violence)
    Man Bites Dog (ditto)
    Trainspotting (great soundtrack; killing babies is a no-go for me)

Oh c'mon... Borat is hilarious and Eyes Wide Shut is a top 50 movie of all time.

I have to disagree. Any movie so full of sex that manages to be devoid of passion and eroticism, that makes orgies boring, that also has the temerity to cast eternally-wooden Tom Cruise in a lead role, is a stinker. Kubrick's detached view of humanity notwithstanding, those remain 2+ hours of my life that I want back.

Edit to add:
    Pretty much all of that, minus Tom Cruise (thank G-d!), could be said about Showgirls, too. Never has so much sex been so boring; it was numbing.
    Borat was hystrerical, imo.
    And, Showgirls was as well.  The Unintentional Comedy Scale on that movie was off the charts.  It is so bad it circle back around to being a good and entertaining watch.  I can dig it every few years and laugh my ass off.  (Pool sex scene is Top 10 Worst/Best scenes of all time.)
    Man Bites Dog (the original version, NOT the director's extended cut) is also hysterical.  Obviously it is dark humor but I loved it.  Seeing the Director's Cut kinda ruined it for me and I haven't watched it again since. 
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    BLACK35 said:
    Blair Witch Project
    Yeah what a piece of crap.
    I'm sure the sequels were probably worse, but no way I'd see them after wasting money to see the original.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    dankind said:
    Vulgar 

Just don't. 
    Agreed.  Really disturbing moving.  Wasn't that directed by Kevin Smith?

I'm also going to add Happiness to this list. 
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    jervin007 said:
    dankind said:
    Vulgar 

Just don't. 
    Agreed.  Really disturbing moving.  Wasn't that directed by Kevin Smith?

I'm also going to add Happiness to this list. 
    It was produced by Kevin Smith's View Askew, but I don't think it was directed by him.

And I actually love Happiness. I saw it on the festival circuit in Florida, and it was just too funny watching how many blue hairs fled the different cinemas. I got the stinkeye from a lot of them for laughing my ass off at all the inappropriateness. Mostly PSH's obscene phone caller and LFB. And then she tries to set him up with her loser sister. C'mon! That shit is comedy gold!

And the son of the pederast announcing with glee to the family dinner table that he came is freaking hilarious, too!

I think it came out the same year as American Beauty, which I though was an overrated, play-it-safe, waste of fucking celluloid. Happiness Lite.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Moulin Rouge, La La Land, The Sound Of Music, as you could probably guess, I really don't deal well with movies where people burst into song. It just doesn't make sense damn it!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Loulou said:
    Moulin Rouge, La La Land, The Sound Of Music, as you could probably guess, I really don't deal well with movies where people burst into song. It just doesn't make sense damn it!
    I didn't bother with La La Land, and I made it through about 10 minutes of Moulin Rouge.

The Sound of Music is my own private hell. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Loulou said:
    I only like two musicals: West Side Story and South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
  • Options
    The only musical I've ever liked is Cabaret.  Almost all of the songs are performed onstage, so they fit the context of the story.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The only musical I've ever liked is Cabaret.  Almost all of the songs are performed onstage, so they fit the context of the story.
    No Tommy or Quadrophenia?
    ;)

I'm not a big musical person myself, but love All That Jazz and Jesus Christ Superstar.

And fine, Fiddler on the Roof as well =)
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    ;)

I'm not a big musical person myself, but love All That Jazz and Jesus Christ Superstar.

I can deal with Everyone Says I Love You, but it's highly self-aware of just how ridiculous it is. Singin' in the Rain is OK, too. Also very meta.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    ;)

I can deal with Everyone Says I Love You, but it's highly self-aware of just how ridiculous it is. Singin' in the Rain is OK, too. Also very meta.
    I couldn't get through the first ten minutes of that Allen film!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited July 2017
    Dreamcatcher.  Great cast, promising prologue.  Aaaaand then it all goes to holy fuckin shit.

Darkman for a close 2nd, then Waterworld.
    :lol:
    I meant to post before that I could guarantee that someone would name some movies I really like.  (Why these threads are fun.)
    I liked all three of those movies.  Not my favorites but ones I like for many different reasons.
    ha, I love Darkman.  I don't hate Waterworld either.  A couple parts were poorly thought out, and got a bad rap due to the budget and hype, but overall, very good (to me).

For worst movie.... there is the obvious Trolls 2, but that is like the NY Yankees of bad movies.  Can't be topped.  Was a perfect storm.

I nominate Mighty Ducks 2 though.  Ludicrous from the get-go and nothing believable or hinged onto reality (but it tries to be a 'realistic' movie).

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    Loulou said:

Oh for musicals you can't top (bottom?) Sweeney Todd. What a horrendous piece of crap.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited July 2017
    Man Vs. - A terribly bad movie my son and I watched on Netflix a couple weeks ago.  As far as a more mainstream film I'd have to say the Royal Tenenbaums
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,264
    Poncier said:
    Loulou said:

Oh for musicals you can't top (bottom?) Sweeney Todd. What a horrendous piece of crap.

I loathe musicals, with the exception of the South Park movie and, I can't help it, Mama Mia (the movie version).
    Which reminds me: Chicago. I hated Chicago. I didn't bother finishing it.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Haha! Glad I'm not alone in my hatred for musicals! As soon as they start singing it's just stupid and awkward! Couldn't stand that one with Tom Cruise either, something about rock???
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    I think movies that try to be good, but aren't are the worst. I don't expect much from a low budget comedy or big budget action flick. It's those movies advertised as artsy or meaningful, but then actually are schlock that piss me off. One of the worst I've ever seen was The Tree of Life. I kept waiting for that aha moment or turning point where the story made some sort of meaningful impact, but it never came. That was a waste of time. A movie like Jaws 3D or Friday the13th, I'm not waiting for that so I just shut it off or give up because there's no expectation of quality just entertainment and when that isn't there, I'm done.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I think movies that try to be good, but aren't are the worst. I don't expect much from a low budget comedy or big budget action flick. It's those movies advertised as artsy or meaningful, but then actually are schlock that piss me off. One of the worst I've ever seen was The Tree of Life. I kept waiting for that aha moment or turning point where the story made some sort of meaningful impact, but it never came. That was a waste of time. A movie like Jaws 3D or Friday the13th, I'm not waiting for that so I just shut it off or give up because there's no expectation of quality just entertainment and when that isn't there, I'm done.
    The Tree of Life: The whole damn film was an aha moment.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

I have a few, but haven't considered B grade intentionally average movies -

Pret-a-porter - Robert Altman film from about 1994. I have no idea how I came to start watching this, but it is still one of the few movies I have turned off

Gothika - ludicrous story line and it has Halle Berry in it. Can't think of a movie with her in that I have enjoyed where she has been a lead role.

Taking Lives - Angelina Jolie and Ethan Hawke. Someone bought me this on DVD and I watched it then threw it in the bin, as I didn't want to be associated with assisting someone else watch it.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    Tusk

Hands dow. It's Tusk.

I began watching it and thought, "Okay. Maybe." Then it took a turn... and it became apparent I was locked into something horrendous.

Normally, I bail on the operation in such moments, but for this particular case... I needed to watch the entire show for two reasons:
    1. To say I did.
    2. To see how bad the show could actually be.

The tusk fight between captive and captor was classic. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    rgambs said:
    Singles

Great soundtrack, abominable acting and dialogue.

get. the. fuck. outta. here.

matt dillon's cliff was brilliant!

eraserhead comes to mind, for me.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    dankind said:
    tbergs said:
    The Tree of Life: The whole damn film was an aha moment.
    It's been a long time since I saw it, but I remember thinking it was waste of time and that it never delivered. Definitely not going to revisit to see if that has changed.
    It's a hopeless situation...