MegaphoneWhisperMegaphoneWhisper Posts: 219
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Holy shit.

Sometimes sounds soooo good!

Corduroy rips...

Why Go.... OMFG Cameron & McCready...

These boots are so clear!
Gets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hate
Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

But his heart don't seem to roam......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Wow. I'm speechless.

Marker then Light Years.

• Options
    You gotta love it when Ed lets the crowd finish the first verse of Present Tense.

I'm buying them all.

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just listened to it this morning on my way to work, and I am floored. It sounds awesome. I was so happy to hear Marker that night,and it sounds awesome on the boot. The end of wishlist was cool, and Down was great too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    The piano on 'Down' sounds fantastic!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    the tampa show had some incredible energy from the crowd and the guys really fed off it. what a great show.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Best version of "Sometimes" I've heard. I like the intro to "Porch" too.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    I love the "do-do-dodo-dooo" on Black. It sounds great. I agree on the intro to Porch, awesome. I think my favorite part on the boot though is Light Years. Oh yeah, and the shout out to Bradenton. What a great show.
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • Options
    What about Ed's 4 minute speech after "Wishlist" about his favorite Baseball player.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    The piano on 'Down' sounds fantastic!
    See, I thought that the volume on Down was a little lower than the rest
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    It felt so good to relive this awesome show! I was stuck in traffic for an hour with it and had a huge smile on my face the whole time. :)

Is it just me, or is the guitar (Mike in particular) hard to hear? That would be my only complaint. Otherwise it sounds amazing!
    West Palm Beach '98, '00, '03
    Tampa '00, '03, '08
  • Options
    Yeah, seems like Mike is lower and Jeff higher. I've listened to the whole show with Bose Headphones and it's very apparent the sound distinction. I noticed that Boom is playing more as well. I dont think he played during "Light Years" in the past, but you can hear him.

I love how Ed f-ed up the second verse of "Life Wasted". Go Ed.
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Does anyone know if the CDs have been shipped yet?
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    soulreaver wrote:
    It felt so good to relive this awesome show! I was stuck in traffic for an hour with it and had a huge smile on my face the whole time. :)

Is it just me, or is the guitar (Mike in particular) hard to hear? That would be my only complaint. Otherwise it sounds amazing!

Won the lottery and stood 3 feet from Mike. The sound was weak from his amp that night, thought it was me being too close. lol
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    TonyBTonyB Posts: 114
    The NOTHINGMAN was my favorite song of the show. So far it has been the only one of the tour.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I really cracked up at Ed's early comments where the arena was named after St. Petersburg, there was someone holding a Canadian flag... 'where the fuck are we?'...
    the way he delivered it was funny.

Good boot though. Happy I chose that over WPB (I think). Crowd sound fine.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I really cracked up at Ed's early comments where the arena was named after St. Petersburg, there was someone holding a Canadian flag... 'where the fuck are we?'...
    the way he delivered it was funny.

Actually, the arena where the concert was held (St. Pete Times Forum) is the same arena that the Tampa Bay Lightning (hockey team) play in. So there is a huge Canadian flag hanging from the ceiling next to the American flag, that's what Ed was referring to. I happened to notice it right before the concert started, which made his comments even more hilarious.
    West Palm Beach '98, '00, '03
    Tampa '00, '03, '08
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    TonyB wrote:
    The NOTHINGMAN was my favorite song of the show. So far it has been the only one of the tour.
    Nothingman was my ultimate hi-lite - had been the #1 song I had been wanting hoping and praying for and had just about given up hope on ever hearing it live - i just boo-hooed when it started.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    WPB was very impressive as well. The guys are REALLY good this time around. Cameron's drumming is much improved (this coming from the guy who likes Abbruzzese), much more dynamic. Mike's solos are just great. Even Flow at WPB is great, listen to it!!!
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Sometimes is perfect!

It is worth the price of the whole bootleg.

• Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    I'm not a fan of the sound of the Tampa boot. Hoping it's just a once-off cos I feel a little ripped off! I can hardly hear Mike!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    heyjose wrote:
    I'm not a fan of the sound of the Tampa boot. Hoping it's just a once-off cos I feel a little ripped off! I can hardly hear Mike!

I was able to fix it a little with my equalizer, but yeah, Mike is low in the mix.

I bought it mostly as a souvenir of a great night - they all sounded great live.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    DanielDaniel Posts: 53
    Have you guys received the physical boot yet or are you talking about the download?

Daniel
    '03 - San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Benaroya
    '05 - Monterrey
    '06 - Chicago I and II, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    '08 - WPB, Tampa
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Present Tense is really good...Not digging the Light Years piano.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I love the piano on 'Down', makes it sound so great.

The mix is good for most songs but on Severed Hand and Porch it's terrible.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    heyjose wrote:
    Its not the boot but Mike's equipment at the show. He sounded really off during Light Years at the show but I thought maybe it was just me, but I cn hear the same thing on the boot that I heard at the show.
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Best version of "Sometimes" I've heard. I like the intro to "Porch" too.
    try camden 2000 its not close :)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    culot4 wrote:
    Present Tense is really good...Not digging the Light Years piano.
    being at the show, present tense is the STAND OUT FUCKING TRACK

it was AMAZING>
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    nukeboot wrote:
    I was able to fix it a little with my equalizer, but yeah, Mike is low in the mix.

I bought it mostly as a souvenir of a great night - they all sounded great live.

Cool, that's the main thing!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Just finishin up Porch right now, folks walking on the street outside keep looking in at me in my office :-D I AM AT THE CONCERT, volume-wise, heheeh.

Luvin it! But yeah, I totally cracked up at the Piano on Down -- very Elton Johnny.... Prolly grow on me. Yeah, Mike's too low. But overall, great energy, great setlist, amazing quality, mix could be better.

What FUN! HA -- Ed mashin' up everyone names before YL, and saying hey to "EMMA!" Ed has really had kids on his mind this year... Well except for his usual potty mouth... His swear jar must be bulgin'

Did Ed start Porch? What songs did Ed strap on the Tele?

(Yes, we're listening to the download FLAC versions, not factory CDs...)
    [sic] happens