Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides 3 & 4), Round 2

2»

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    Corduroy
    bbiggs said:
    Not sure how Hail Hail and Not for You have as many votes as DTE. DTE is great but not in the same category. 
    DTE is a live GOAT.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    Not For You
    bbiggs said:
    Not sure how Hail Hail and Not for You have as many votes as DTE. DTE is great but not in the same category. 
    DTE is a live GOAT.
    Say what?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Do The Evolution
    bbiggs said:
    DTE is a live GOAT.
    It is a great live song but not even in the GOAT conversation in my book. 
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself Posts: 8,818
    Not For You
    I love DTE in concert but not the studio version, so I guess that's my choice this round.
    I think the studio version holds many Yield songs back. Much better live. Both DTE and GTF shine live. So mumbled and drab on Yield,
    When I see the word "drab" I think boring, ordinary, blah, gray, dull. None of which apply to DTE or GTF IMO. I especially love DTE on yield. One of Ed's best vocals and I love the drumming and pacing. It somehow feels loose and almost groovy.... like it might fall apart any second. There's a feeling of excitement and tension bc of that. I love it live too (sorry Dave) but it's faster and tighter (which isn't bad, just different)
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    Not For You
    bbiggs said:
    DTE is a live GOAT.
    When Eddie gets it right, it's awesome. He does, however, mess up the lyrics on it quite often - which is surprising given how often it is performed.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2017
    To name a shortlist of amazing concert events when seeing/hearing Pearl Jam live is the lights coming on while the crowd sings w/arms up raised "hallelughal"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,730
    Do The Evolution
    mcgruff10 said:
    The 8 people that voted for I got id need to have their ten club membership canceled. 
    13 of them now.  adios, amigos!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Not For You
    Crap. It's looking like I'll have to choose between Hail Hail and I Got ID next round. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    Corduroy
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    DTE is a live GOAT.
    Say what?!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Hail Hail
    rummy said:
    Crap. It's looking like I'll have to choose between Hail Hail and I Got ID next round. 
    Then it will be an easy choice with Hail Hail. How there is so much love for that song I will never understand.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Not For You
    rummy said:
    Then it will be an easy choice with Hail Hail. How there is so much love for that song I will never understand.
    It's got such a great rockin' groove to it. It's almost a "fun" song!
    Hail Hail
    rummy said: j
    rummy said:
    Not for me.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Not For You
    rummy said:
    Not for me.
    Not For You.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Hail Hail
    And here I thought DTE was a clear fan favorite.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Do The Evolution
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The 8 people that voted for I got id need to have their ten club membership canceled. 
    13 of them now.  adios, amigos!  :lol:
    agreed
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Hail Hail
    To name a shortlist of amazing concert events when seeing/hearing Pearl Jam live is the lights coming on while the crowd sings w/arms up raised "hallelughal"
    Absolutely!!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Do The Evolution
    And here I thought DTE was a clear fan favorite.
    It's not bad but it's not one of my favorites, either. And as much as I dislike the idea of "piss break" songs, DTE was the one I tried to get a beer during at Fenway.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,627
    Not For You
    The next round is going to be emotionally difficult
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Hail Hail
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    Not for me.
    Not For You.
    :lol: 
    Exactly

• whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 740
    Hail Hail
    Not that Hail Hail deserves to go, but Not For You deserves to stay. Still got time...
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Do The Evolution
    This round has ended.
    Do The Evolution and Not For You eliminated Round 2
This discussion has been closed.