The Pizza Thread

13334363839104

Comments

  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    Men...there is a Food Thread!
    (Please take some pics and share - this all sounds great!)

    I took some frozen pizza (the good stuff, leftover from our favorite place which has now moved to Philly ) and reheated.  I am stuffed but it hit the spot with Coronas and shots of Don Julio Anejo while setting up the Easter baskets for the kids.
    Brett, too many people in the food thread.  The pizza thread is where it is at.  I like everyone in this thread, even the new guy who didn't post again.  
    YOU sir ate some frozen (?! wtf) pizza but failed to provide photos.  yet you were "stuffed" and it "hit the spot" AFTER coronas and tequila.  I think I know why you didn't post photos of the pizza.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 14,693
    Ha!

    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    And so it begins. Apps before the actual apps. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    Prosciutto bread. 

    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    Eggplant parmigiana 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 4,999
    What the fucking fuck? My family needs to step up their game. I had a pretty killer ham sandwich but nothing on that level. That bread looks to die for. Like I’d literally give my life for a piece.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Prosciutto bread. 


    mmmmmmm
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    By the way you don’t eat the prosciutto bread with a fork, you use your hands. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    Meatballs, sausage and pasta up. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    Lamb chops.  Oh boy
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,728
    ^ Holy $&@*#*!!! I don’t know what I want most between the lamb chops or the meatballs and sausage. Can’t overlook that prosciutto bread either. Impressive spread buddy! Who’s the chef? 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    bbiggs said:.
    ^ Holy $&@*#*!!! I don’t know what I want most between the lamb chops or the meatballs and sausage. Can’t overlook that prosciutto bread either. Impressive spread buddy! Who’s the chef? 
    we all contributed.  I manned the grill on the lamb chops.  My wife's aunt made home made cannoli cake for dessert.  My father and mother in law got the rest.  I am so freaking full.  I didn't take pictures of the stuffed mushrooms, ham, salad, different breads and desserts...all the freaking wine.  i'm sure I missed more.  I am so freaking full.  
    the prosciutto bread is sick.  riotzack you must find it and try it.  it's a cardiologists worst nightmare lol.  soooooo many different italian meats and cheeses in it.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    oh and home made potato croquettes and rice balls....sooooo much food.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 600
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 4,999
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:.
    ^ Holy $&@*#*!!! I don’t know what I want most between the lamb chops or the meatballs and sausage. Can’t overlook that prosciutto bread either. Impressive spread buddy! Who’s the chef? 
    the prosciutto bread is sick.  riotzack you must find it and try it.  it's a cardiologists worst nightmare lol.  soooooo many different italian meats and cheeses in it.  
    It looks/sounds amazing, I will have to seek it out somehow. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:.
    ^ Holy $&@*#*!!! I don’t know what I want most between the lamb chops or the meatballs and sausage. Can’t overlook that prosciutto bread either. Impressive spread buddy! Who’s the chef? 
    the prosciutto bread is sick.  riotzack you must find it and try it.  it's a cardiologists worst nightmare lol.  soooooo many different italian meats and cheeses in it.  
    It looks/sounds amazing, I will have to seek it out somehow. 
    If I buy it for you how could I ship it so it could stay fresh?  Hmmmmmmm
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 4,999
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:.
    ^ Holy $&@*#*!!! I don’t know what I want most between the lamb chops or the meatballs and sausage. Can’t overlook that prosciutto bread either. Impressive spread buddy! Who’s the chef? 
    the prosciutto bread is sick.  riotzack you must find it and try it.  it's a cardiologists worst nightmare lol.  soooooo many different italian meats and cheeses in it.  
    It looks/sounds amazing, I will have to seek it out somehow. 
    If I buy it for you how could I ship it so it could stay fresh?  Hmmmmmmm
    I have no idea lol. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 2,728
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:.
    ^ Holy $&@*#*!!! I don’t know what I want most between the lamb chops or the meatballs and sausage. Can’t overlook that prosciutto bread either. Impressive spread buddy! Who’s the chef? 
    we all contributed.  I manned the grill on the lamb chops.  My wife's aunt made home made cannoli cake for dessert.  My father and mother in law got the rest.  I am so freaking full.  I didn't take pictures of the stuffed mushrooms, ham, salad, different breads and desserts...all the freaking wine.  i'm sure I missed more.  I am so freaking full.  
    the prosciutto bread is sick.  riotzack you must find it and try it.  it's a cardiologists worst nightmare lol.  soooooo many different italian meats and cheeses in it.  
    Sounds like a team effort...awesome. I like how you mentioned “I am so freaking full” twice. Lol. That’s how I felt too. Definitely over indulged 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    Tonight s pizza for dinner.  Del is the cheese distributed ok?

    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Tonight s pizza for dinner.  Del is the cheese distributed ok?


    Solid!

    You've really upped your game lately.

    Although... hating to bring it up...  we never saw the finished lamb chops. This is the second time the Pizza Thread people have not been made aware of your finished grilling work.

    I can picture:

    1. You forgetting they were on the grill because you were slamming the ipas, watching sports, and contributing to the 'Cat Scratch Fever' forum that are able to contribute to given your paid membership.
    2. You making a desperate dash to the grill after you got nagged from someone inside the heart of the operation saying, "Scruffy... how's the lamb doing?"
    3. You yelling, "Great! I'm doing a great job!" as you approach and note the smoke plume from the grill and the neighbours all gathering in a curious mob just off your property. 
    4. Everybody sitting around the table... feigning enthusiasm for the charred meat and complimenting you on a job well done (with you being a bit too tipsy to realize two things: (1) the lamb was burnt and (2) your family members were not sincere).

    So yeah... there is that.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    I just had the leftover lamb chops for dinner.  Everyone agreed they were delicious. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    I just had the leftover lamb chops for dinner.  Everyone agreed they were delicious. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

    Nice!

    Okay pshew... I was a little worried things might have not gone so fantastic, but this looks like some solid work.

    Cheers!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 17,442
    mcgruff10 said:

    Nice!

    Okay pshew... I was a little worried things might have not gone so fantastic, but this looks like some solid work.

    Cheers!
    It turned out really really good!  I did appreciate your "eyewitness" account.  lol.  No IPA's last night, just vino.  And waaay too much of it!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 4,999
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tonight s pizza for dinner.  Del is the cheese distributed ok?

    That looks remarkably like my favorite place. The lamb chops look great too, although I must admit, I’ve never had lamb chops *ducks for cover*
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of foreverPosts: 19,351
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tonight s pizza for dinner.  Del is the cheese distributed ok?


    Solid!

    You've really upped your game lately.

    Although... hating to bring it up...  we never saw the finished lamb chops. This is the second time the Pizza Thread people have not been made aware of your finished grilling work.

    I can picture:

    1. You forgetting they were on the grill because you were slamming the ipas, watching sports, and contributing to the 'Cat Scratch Fever' forum that are able to contribute to given your paid membership.
    2. You making a desperate dash to the grill after you got nagged from someone inside the heart of the operation saying, "Scruffy... how's the lamb doing?"
    3. You yelling, "Great! I'm doing a great job!" as you approach and note the smoke plume from the grill and the neighbours all gathering in a curious mob just off your property. 
    4. Everybody sitting around the table... feigning enthusiasm for the charred meat and complimenting you on a job well done (with you being a bit too tipsy to realize two things: (1) the lamb was burnt and (2) your family members were not sincere).

    So yeah... there is that.
    And you, Thirty, have (slightly) dropped your game.  Hello, top pizza slice at 11:30-ish?  Sheesh =)

    gruff, the chops are gorgeous!
  • hedonist said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tonight s pizza for dinner.  Del is the cheese distributed ok?


    Solid!

    You've really upped your game lately.

    Although... hating to bring it up...  we never saw the finished lamb chops. This is the second time the Pizza Thread people have not been made aware of your finished grilling work.

    I can picture:

    1. You forgetting they were on the grill because you were slamming the ipas, watching sports, and contributing to the 'Cat Scratch Fever' forum that are able to contribute to given your paid membership.
    2. You making a desperate dash to the grill after you got nagged from someone inside the heart of the operation saying, "Scruffy... how's the lamb doing?"
    3. You yelling, "Great! I'm doing a great job!" as you approach and note the smoke plume from the grill and the neighbours all gathering in a curious mob just off your property. 
    4. Everybody sitting around the table... feigning enthusiasm for the charred meat and complimenting you on a job well done (with you being a bit too tipsy to realize two things: (1) the lamb was burnt and (2) your family members were not sincere).

    So yeah... there is that.
    And you, Thirty, have (slightly) dropped your game.  Hello, top pizza slice at 11:30-ish?  Sheesh =)

    gruff, the chops are gorgeous!
    Hmmm

    I did miss that slice. To be fair... I feel Scruffy needed a boost. His confidence was low and I was looking for anything at all to assist with that challenging task.

    There's a lesson in this though: things will be as great as you want them to be!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
Sign In or Register to comment.