Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    Hair’s overrated
    Agree lol
    these ooni’s are popular. Might need to pick one up. Pizza looks great juggler 👍
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Pies look fantastic. Those Oonis really are awesome 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    mcgruff10 said:
    Those look awesome!  Did you use propane to cook with?
    Yeah. That there’s the Koda 16. Propane. Heats up to 950ish in about twenty minutes. I can’t wait to use it again
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    edited June 2021
    Looks good! Is that mozzarella on top of it?
    driving to providence tomorrow and am going to try to hit up Frank pepe s somewhere along the way. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks good! Is that mozzarella on top of it?
    driving to providence tomorrow and am going to try to hit up Frank pepe s somewhere along the way. 
    Buffalo mozzarella, prociuto ham, rocket and olives!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Frank pepe s in Fairfield , ct.  plain and a clam.  Really awesome pie.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Hair’s overrated
    agreed
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Which did you like more?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Oooh....clam, eh? That looks intriguing to say the least. Wow.

For the Ooni folk, forgive me if I asked before, but do you guys keep yours outside or do you bring it in the garage or something when not using it? I got the Ooni table and we're leaving that on the deck. Need to find a good cover for it. Also want a cover just for the Ooni. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

For the Ooni folk, forgive me if I asked before, but do you guys keep yours outside or do you bring it in the garage or something when not using it? I got the Ooni table and we're leaving that on the deck. Need to find a good cover for it. Also want a cover just for the Ooni. 

I leave it on the deck, on the rolling table, with a grill cover over it.  The table is rolled under a balcony where it only has marginal rain contact and the grill cover keeps it mostly out of the rain.  When I use it, it gets rolled away from everything else so that the 900 degree temp doesnt hurt anything.
    In the winter I roll it into my garage.

I believe MCA is in the desert so can keep his out all year round but he can tell ya.
  • Options

I leave it on the deck, on the rolling table, with a grill cover over it.  The table is rolled under a balcony where it only has marginal rain contact and the grill cover keeps it mostly out of the rain.  When I use it, it gets rolled away from everything else so that the 900 degree temp doesnt hurt anything.

I believe MCA is in the desert so can keep his out all year round but he can tell ya.
    Hmm....I've been reading on those facebook groups about people saying theirs started rusting because they left it outside. It was covered, but the humidity or something caused it.

Any particular grill cover?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Hmm....I've been reading on those facebook groups about people saying theirs started rusting because they left it outside. It was covered, but the humidity or something caused it.

Any particular grill cover?

no rust issues and I know we don't live far enough from one another to be concerned about differences in climate.  Have had 2+ years. 
    The grill cover I got sucks because I was cheap and actually has a section of mesh/vented area.  :lol:   I do my best to position this so that it is at the bottom/at table level.
    Perhaps it is the venting that does not cause the humidity/moisture to rust it?
    Could being cheap have helped me?  :lol:

• Options
    Also, Facebook is for fuckheads.
    ;)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255

I leave mine out with the Ooni cover on it (under a porch overhang thing).  No issues with rust, but then again, it also doesn't rain much here.
    The cover, which was black when new, is now a light gray due to sun exposure.
    If I lived in an area with lots of rain and snow, and no place to put it under...I'd probably store it in the garage.
    The new ovens are also a lot lighter and more compact than the Pro, so moving it to and from the garage shouldn't be a big deal.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I leave mine out with the Ooni cover on it (under a porch overhang thing).  No issues with rust, but then again, it also doesn't rain much here.
    The cover, which was black when new, is now a light gray due to sun exposure.
    If I lived in an area with lots of rain and snow, and no place to put it under...I'd probably store it in the garage.
    The new ovens are also a lot lighter and more compact than the Pro, so moving it to and from the garage shouldn't be a big deal.
    Much appreciated, gents! 

We are going to attempt a 4th of July pizza party at our house with my wife's said of the family. 6 adults and 2 kids. Figure I will do two batches of their classic dough recipe to make about 10-ish pies. Debating on whether to use the screen method or not to make things a little easier though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    good looking pies, juggler!

your baldness threw me off. must be the philly water. I know a few follicly challenged dudes in your neck of the woods.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Perhaps those Facebook folks live closer to a large body of saltwater. My bike is fucked since I've moved close to the Atlantic. My grill is still holding out, but that's probably just because I store it in the garage for most of the year.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Which did you like more?
    The clam was awesome.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Which did you like more?
    The clam was awesome.  

I liked their regular more, but the clam was way better than I thought it was going to be...
    I love clams (doh) but the idea of them on pizza was questionable.
    Tasty!
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Perhaps those Facebook folks live closer to a large body of saltwater. My bike is fucked since I've moved close to the Atlantic. My grill is still holding out, but that's probably just because I store it in the garage for most of the year.

Could be.  When I lived on the Marina in LA everything we kept outside got trashed.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Which did you like more?
    The clam was awesome.  

is that a euphemism?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    23scidoo said:

no, THIS is a euphemism. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,227
    23scidoo said:

no, THIS is a euphemism. 
    Would you snatch a slice right out of the box?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:

no, THIS is a euphemism. 
    Would you snatch a slice right out of the box?

Meat curtains / bushes / splooge
    Looks good to me!
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

no, THIS is a euphemism. 
     :) 
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    mcgruff10 said:

That plain looks reeeaaallly good.  I'd like to give this place a try if I'm ever out that way.  Looks like they make a couple extra cuts in the pie.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That plain looks reeeaaallly good.  I'd like to give this place a try if I'm ever out that way.  Looks like they make a couple extra cuts in the pie.
    Fresh Ipswich clams, garlic, oregano, olive oil and pecorino romano.  SOOO good.  And yes they cut it funny. Even the newer locations are good.
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

no, THIS is a euphemism. 

that "pizza" is pretty ridiculous.

:murica:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    In a good or bad way @Wobbie??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.