Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: The Champions - Round 3

13»

Comments

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited June 2017
    Light Years

Agree that Release is SO so much better live. I've even found that I can't listen to the remastered Ten studio version of it. Something about the level of the reverb guitar line through the chorus. Makes it sound flat/out of key. Hope I didn't just ruin that for anyone else.

I really enjoyed the Corduroy breakdown at Wrigley 13. May be wrong, but I think this was one of the first times they did that. Caught me by surprise. Crowd still sang "everything has chains..." on time, but then the slow build back into the solo was awesome. Can definitely do without the recent "hey-ho" and crowd-repeat stuff... at least on the bootlegs. ;) Not gonna lie, it's fun to sing back to Eddie Vedder though when you're in the moment at the show.

They did it (the Corduroy breakdown) at the London 2013 show. I found it a bit strange but at least there were no "hey ho's" (I think). Also, they scrapped it for the rest of the 2013-2014 shows (after Wrigley). 

- and yes, being at a show is definitely a different (and better) experience than listening to it on a bootleg. Even a jaded ass like me gets into it.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    Present Tense
    It is always tough to eliminate a PJ song...but since I am forced to vote...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    Light Years
    So this is over. I thought PT would have been a little closer. Great tune but so are the remaining four.

(Still missing Alive from the list).
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Release
    This is criminal for Present Tense to go. The first three songs represented are good songs, but musically they're very very simple. Hell, Ed could hardly play guitar at the time RVM and Corduroy came to be. He's come a long way since then. Present Tense isn't exactly reinventing the wheel but the lyrics are just so deep. In a just world, a complex song like Given To Fly will win. Musically and lyrically, it did reinvent the band into what we know them to be today. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,049
    Present Tense
    This is criminal for Present Tense to go. The first three songs represented are good songs, but musically they're very very simple. Hell, Ed could hardly play guitar at the time RVM and Corduroy came to be. He's come a long way since then. Present Tense isn't exactly reinventing the wheel but the lyrics are just so deep. In a just world, a complex song like Given To Fly will win. Musically and lyrically, it did reinvent the band into what we know them to be today. 
    Simple =/= bad

Present Tenses lyrics are a bunch of wordplaying platitudes. 

(/ Devils Advocate)

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Light Years
    This poll has ended.
    Light Years and Present Tense have been eliminated.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    Light Years
    Booooooo
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
This discussion has been closed.