Personalized tickets in Berlin!?

Saw this from the organizer:

As all tickets have been sold personalized, please note the following:
The identity of every ticket holder will be checked at the entrance to the event.

Does this also concern the tenclub tickets? If one has bought a spare, do you have to go in with the person who bough them ?!
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    I think they had this back in 2012 for the PJ Berlin shows.  I don't think ID's were checked.  Hopefully that is the case as if you bought two tickets how is your friend going to get in unless you walk in at the same time?
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Did not apply to 10c tickets, I think they only said "fanclub" or something generic like that. They had this in 2012 and maybe 2014 as well.

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    @SD48277 may be able to answer this question for the previous PJ European tour. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Just checked a couple of tickets from past European shows, in '12 and '14 and which were 10 Club tickets, and I don't see anything personalized on there. Maybe this is something new? Sounds as if those attending the European shows should allow extra time for ID check/security.
    ELITIST FUK
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    In 2012 (maybe also 2014) the REGULAR tickets were personalized. They had everyone's name printed on them and they checked everyone's ID when entering the building. You had to enter the names when buying the tickets.

I had regular tickets in 2012 for the first show Ten Club tickets for the second. The Ten Club tickets were NOT personalized. Of course you need your ID when go and pick up the tickets at the venue.

This is an anti-scalping measure that tickets.de has been using for years. If you want to get rid of your tickets, you can list them for sale at their website for face value (or less). They charge you a couple of euros for this. If someone buys your tickets, they will re-print the tickets with their name and you tickets will become invalid.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,430
    They just updated the pinned Euro post. You may have gotten emails as well. Here is the copy and paste from the update. ENTRY UPDATE

FOR BERLIN SHOW -  PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY!

Please take a moment to review the following Eddie Vedder Berlin show entry policies, as they differ from the rest of the tour dates.

ID CHECK FOR TICKETS.DE (NON-TEN CLUB) TICKET HOLDERS:

• All Regular (Non-Ten Club) ticket holders will have their IDs checked to match their personalized tickets before entering the venue. 
    • The ticket holder must prove his/her identity by showing an ID-card, passport or driver’s license
    • Full Details at https://www.tickets.de/en/legal/faq

TEN CLUB TICKET HOLDERS:

• Ten Club tickets are not personalized.
    • Ten Club members will need to show their ID when picking up their Ten Club tickets, but will not need to show ID when entering the venue.
    • Ten Club ticket holders will receive a wristband for each of their tickets upon pick up.
    • Wristband must be worn to allow access to the venue with your Ten Club Ticket.
    • No Exceptions 

POSTER TUBE POLICY:

• Outside poster tubes will NOT be permitted, but tubes WILL be sold at the venue.

QUESTIONS REGARDING PERSONALIZED TICKETS

What does "personalized“ mean?
    Personalized means that the first and last name of the person attending the event has to be entered during the ordering process and will be displayed on the ticket. Only the person whose name is displayed on the ticket and can prove his/her identity will get access to the event.

How will personalized tickets be controlled at the entrance?
    The identity of the ticket holder will be checked at the entrance to the event.

The ticket holder has to prove his/her identity by showing an ID card, passport, driver’s license, EC or credit card. Please note: The same applies for children.

What happens if I cannot prove my identity at the entrance?
    The promoter has the right to deny access to the show if you cannot prove your identity at the entrance by showing an ID card, passport, driver’s license, EC or credit card.

SHOW TIMES*:

• Door Time: 17:30 / 5:30pm
    • Show Time: 18:45 / 6:45pm
      *All times subject to change

Thanks,
    10c

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,121
    In 2014 for PJ in Berlin i brought non-10 tickets and they had my name on it.

At the venue the security asked me for ID.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    For those that are going to Berlin and have 10 club tickets you need to be with your ticket buddy at the will call as you need to put your wristband on there in front of them. This was not in the info given out from 10club yesterday. 
    1 person reportedly working the willcall and its lined up pretty far back in Berlin. Stolen pic from social media. 

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    thing is seems they  asked u who is the second person taking the second tic and u need to be there with somone and not alone
    just happen to a friend from brazil..so i had to find her another friend to stay in line with her cos she cant pick her tix
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 897
    I've got a non 10C mate flying from London here to Dublin next Friday as she is the second ticket.  So I take it I won't need to submit her name and have her show ID beforehand? Sounds dumb I know but with all these measures you can't be too careful. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    JT167846 said:
    I've got a non 10C mate flying from London here to Dublin next Friday as she is the second ticket.  So I take it I won't need to submit her name and have her show ID beforehand? Sounds dumb I know but with all these measures you can't be too careful. 
    No you should be fine unless things change from now until then. No one knew this was happening today in Berlin but there were warnings of showing up early and stricter security. 
    this needs to be solved  asap..
    10c sells tickets in pair..BUT,.there are people that score tix but goes to the venue alone
    so today in  berlin people went to 10c box office alone coulnt pick their tix..need to go with your plus 1 together and take both wristbands and put em on u and plus 1 in front of the box office..
    BUT..some people didnt have anyone!!!..thye wouldnt use the second tic..and the couldnt get their ticket

they didnt let people just take one of the pair to get into the venue..its crazy u pay 2 tickets and u cant get into the venue and not even get one of the pair cos u dont have a second person with u..u bought a pair and u want to go alone and u cant?
    you dont have a second person or the  second person couldnt make it??why u need to be panished  and not get your paid tickets??
    ?its crazy!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 311
    10c sells tickets in pair..BUT,.there are people that score tix but goes to the venue alone
    so today in  berlin people went to 10c box office alone coulnt pick their tix..need to go with your plus 1 together and take both wristbands and put em on u and plus 1 in front of the box office..
    BUT..some people didnt have anyone!!!..thye wouldnt use the second tic..and the couldnt get their ticket

they didnt let people just take one of the pair to get into the venue..its crazy u pay 2 tickets and u cant get into the venue and not even get one of the pair cos u dont have a second person with u..u bought a pair and u want to go alone and u cant?
    you dont have a second person or the  second person couldnt make it??why u need to be panished  and not get your paid tickets??
    ?its crazy!!
    This is exactly what happened to me. 

Ive reached to out to tenclub to make it right. If they don't I'm sure the credit card company will.
    Well..maybe they had some info yesterday in germany and thats why was so tight the security??

Due to a terrorist threat the police have advised us to interrupt the festival.
    We ask all festival visitors to leave the festival site in a calm and controlled manner towards the exits and camping grounds.
    We have to support the police investigations.
    All visitors will be kept informed about any developments on all Rock am Ring Social Media channels, radio and the speakers.
    We hope that the festival will continue tomorrow. Thank you for your cooperation.

weremin23 said:

?its crazy!!
    This is exactly what happened to me. 

Ive reached to out to tenclub to make it right. If they don't I'm sure the credit card company will.

This update/change was specific to Berlin. We were not informed of that change. We have not received any special instructions for London from the venue, but if anything changes, we will be sure to let you know.

Please bring your confirmation email as well as your ID.

Best Wishes,
     -10c
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    Could this be the reason I saw some empty chairs PJNB said:
    1 person reportedly working the willcall and its lined up pretty far back in Berlin. Stolen pic from social media. 

Thats was the regular que wasn't it? 

tenclub had a seperate line.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"