Options

T-shirt sizes?

edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Howdy folks. I hate to start ANOTHER tshirt thread but this is a different question.

For those who bought the shirts, are they 100% cotton (if so does it say preshrunk)? How do they fit? Depending on the style of shirt I always have to figure out whether L or XL is best for me.

I went to the Columbia show Monday and it was easily the best of the 3 PJ shows I've attended. I really like the reaper t-shirt, but I decided against spending the cash that night. I have now seen the error of my ways and I'm having some friends grab me one at the DC show on Sunday.

Thanks for all the help and thanks to all the fans who attended the show with me. I was blown away by the crowd. All of you attending future shows are going to have an amazing night (and go see Ted Leo and the Pharmacists!!!! they're amazing too!!).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    well.....i didn't buy a t shirt, but in my experience they are avaliabe
    in:

s

m

l

xl

xxl

xxxl

REALY xxxl

about to give birth

about to give birth to a whale......
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    I washed my XXL and it didn't shrink
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    I'm kind of curious as well. The Large shirt I bought at the 2006 show is damn small--and I normally wear medium--have to stretch the sleeves out every time I wear it.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    I'm kind of curious as well. The Large shirt I bought at the 2006 show is damn small--and I normally wear medium--have to stretch the sleeves out every time I wear it.

The gist I'm getting is that they're not sized as small as they have been in the past, and our buddy LukinFan above mentioned his didn't shrink.

I spoke to someone who is in a similar predicament as myself (varies between L or XL) and he mentioned the L was a little snug. So I'm going to get an XL just to be safe.

If all the info I have is correct I would guess a L would be fine for you if you still typically wear medium.

Thanks for all the help everybody, and enjoy the remaining shows!
  • Options
    comasutracomasutra Posts: 9
    Mine says 100% organic cotton.... whatever that means. I didnt know you can get cotton any other way ;) havent washed it yet
    I'll ride the wave... Where it takes me
  • Options
    iseuldeiseulde Posts: 3
    comasutra wrote:
    Mine says 100% organic cotton.... whatever that means. I didnt know you can get cotton any other way ;) havent washed it yet
    Yep, 100% organic cotton. For a concert t-shirt, I actually think it's really nice - I got one of the pale blue variety and it's really soft and comfy. I've bought more expensive ones at other concerts before (Bruce Springsteen and Prince come to mind) that came apart at the seams after being worn a dozen times, but these particular PJ shirts seem better made, and cost a little less.

I still have a 12-year-old shirt from the No Code tour, though, and that one's still holding strong, so maybe PJ just goes with better quality merchandise. Who knows.

unfortunately I've already cut the tag off my new one from the Columbia show so I can't remember whether it said "pre-shrunk," but mine hasn't shrunk since being washed, at least not that I can tell. For what it's worth to ya.