Options

X - 40th Annivarsary Tour - Interview

myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
edited May 2017 in Other Music
Check out the ArtistWaves.com interview of X's Exene Cervenka by fellow 10 clubber Jeff Gorra, accompanied by my images from show last week ... ;)--- 

Interview: Exene Cervenka — Reflecting on 40 Years of X

Discussing the incredible journey of the legendary LA band X, with lead singer, Exene Cervenka

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

Post edited by myoung321 on

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,420
    Great interview!

The band is currently on an extensive U.S. tour.  The Grammy Museum in Los Angeles will be opening an X exhibit this summer!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Cool!  Oh how I wish I had seen X in their hey day!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I am an L.A. native so I got to see them in the early days.......I have seen them regularly for the past 36 years.....damn, I am getting old!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am an L.A. native so I got to see them in the early days.......I have seen them regularly for the past 36 years.....damn, I am getting old!
    Me too....After all these years they still put on a super energetic show! All original members... well worth the price of admission.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    So Billy Zoom is still playing and touring?  That's great!  I thought he'd had some serious health stuff going on, glad he's totally back in the game!

I'll definitely see them on this tour... 40 yrs is nothing to sneeze at and everything to rock out about!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    So Billy Zoom is still playing and touring?  That's great!  I thought he'd had some serious health stuff going on, glad he's totally back in the game!

I'll definitely see them on this tour... 40 yrs is nothing to sneeze at and everything to rock out about!
    Yep, Billy is touring!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    brianlux said:
    Cool!  Oh how I wish I had seen X in their hey day!
    you didn't? :tired_face:

I did.

hate to say it, but I've seen a more recent DVD and the magic just wasn't there.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16