Options

A shot in the dark

evenflowwmaevenflowwma Posts: 75
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
I got screwed last night, as i posted in another thread. I am not a 10c member...yet but what do u guy's think if i sent an e-mail or made a phone call to the 10 club explaining what happened. Would i get anywhere? i know the band loves the fans and does what it can to please them. Not looking for much maybe tix to a future show at face or something. any ideas? thoughts? and please no sarcastic responses i am in no mood today, i have never been scammed before, not to mention this was supposed to be my wife's birthday present last night! so be gentile..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Probably would have better luck from someone else on this board then with the 10c on this. There was another member of this board who wrote to them earlier on tour about being put in a box at the back of the arena despite his low 10c no. (which was most definitely a bait and switch of his 10c tickets at the 10c window - a problem for which they are probably more directly responsible) and I am pretty sure the reply he got back was "sorry, thanks for brining it to our attention", or something along those lines. Never hurts to ask, but I wouldn't expect much. I hope someone on the board with extra tickets is able to hook you up though.

Best,
    Mike.
  • Options
    OSak00006OSak00006 Posts: 32
    ya,

so far as i could tell from reading your post in the other thread, this was entirely outside the 10C's domain.

fan to fan / scalper to fan / broker to fan exchanges all fall outside of their authority, and while they may be sympathetic, i don't think they will be able to do much to help you.

but, in your situation, where any ounce of official sympathy will be a relief, i say go for it!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    OSak00006 wrote:
    ya,

so far as i could tell from reading your post in the other thread, this was entirely outside the 10C's domain.

fan to fan / scalper to fan / broker to fan exchanges all fall outside of their authority, and while they may be sympathetic, i don't think they will be able to do much to help you.

but, in your situation, where any ounce of official sympathy will be a relief, i say go for it!
    what happened?

If it was scalper/broker... they generally don't recommend those anyway so they've no responsibility :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    OSak00006 wrote:
    ya,

I agree with this.

You can go to 10 Club and tell them what happened, but since you didn't buy 10 Club seats directly or have to deal with a 10 Club member, it falls out of their hands. The 10 Club may feel bad for you, but don't expect them to comp you tickets for another show or anything like that. This is more likely a MSG box office issue that should be addressed to their staff.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    what happened?

If it was scalper/broker... they generally don't recommend those anyway so they've no responsibility :o
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=290944
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    Just reading this thread made me thank my lucky stars once again that the Ten Club exists, because otherwise I'm sure this kind of scamming would me much more common. Maybe the current 10C system isn't perfect (none could be), but at least it puts the best tickets in the hands of real fans. With all the ticket resellers and Internet sales these days, I don't even want to imagine what would happen if just anyone had the opportunity to buy the best tickets.

I don't think the Ten Club can help you out this time, but you should really consider joining just to avoid the bullshit that comes with trying to find tickets elsewhere. Even though you'll have a high member number, at least you know you'll always get into the show.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.