Bid on this Fender Telecaster guitar signed by Pearl Jam

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
Wishlist Foundation - a Pearl Jam Fan-Run Nonprofit Organization

#PearlJam
Bid on this Fender Telecaster guitar signed by Pearl Jam. This auction is in conjunction with the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation Fifth Annual Cook-Off For Cancer.

See all the auction items or make a donation here:
https://e.gesture.com/events/5Ls/

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,497
    Current bid $4500.
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    The sticker with the EV on the case is interesting - this isn't one of Ed's personal guitars, is it?
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    fuck that's pretty
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    Washed said:
    The sticker with the EV on the case is interesting - this isn't one of Ed's personal guitars, is it?
    The members of the band maintain individual ownership of their instruments so whoever purchases the instrument has their ownership designated on the travel case for easy identification. So if Ed purchased the guitar wouldn't that make it one of his personal instruments? It could do without the Boom signature but hopefully this item raises a bunch. The signatures in silver Sharpie play off the body's color really well!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 740

I know a little bit about Teles. Closest I can tell from the pictures, this is an American Special. Newer line - I believe they just started making those last year. The case in the picture says 2017, but the SN begins with 16, which corresponds to the "born on" date, so likely manufactured last year and purchased this year.

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-guitars/telecaster/american-special-telecaster/0115800302.html#product-grid=&start=1

It resembles the American Vintage 1964 Tele reissue, but is distinct by virtue of the brass saddles in the picture (a more modern feature) vs steel on the original and reissue 60's teles. The American Vintages also ran in a lake placid blue, but this one has a definite sparkle finish to it, which I believe would be different and also consistent with the new American Specials. Beautiful guitar, for sure. Haven't played one of these though.

Quite an item, I'm sure, for any collector with all the band's signatures (don't dis Boom). Don't waste your time looking back through live PJ concert videos to try to find Ed playing this one... I don't think you'll find anything. Still, he may have sound-checked with it, or better yet, recorded something with it? ;)

Don't waste your time looking back through live PJ concert videos to try to find Ed playing this one... I don't think you'll find anything. Still, he may have sound-checked with it, or better yet, recorded something with it? ;)

WHOA NELLY! (Sorry, couldn't resist). Thanks for the insight (and you too, 100 Pacer). If somebody could produce a picture or video of Ed playing/holding this guitar or somehow show that he owned it bidding might reach new heights!

100 Pacer - I agree, those silver sigs look OH so good on that blue body.
    edited May 2017
    100 Pacer said:
    The members of the band maintain individual ownership of their instruments so whoever purchases the instrument has their ownership designated on the travel case for easy identification. So if Ed purchased the guitar wouldn't that make it one of his personal instruments? It could do without the Boom signature but hopefully this item raises a bunch. The signatures in silver Sharpie play off the body's color really well!
    To me, if Ed the guitar was own by Ed (rather than just being a cheapo guitar provided to the band to sign)...that seems significant. Got to admit that this piece makes the old ticker beat a little faster!
    Post edited by Washed on
  • I can't !
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    She is a beaut! But honestly, why would they sell personal gear? And they touched it to sign it :lol:

As if we'll ever see this one for sale!!!?!?!?

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    edited May 2017

And I doubt this one is in playing shape anymore, but I'd still love to strum it a few times  ;)
    Kudos to the first person who identifies that ones owner. 

Post edited by whoanelly15 on
    Joe strummer :smiley:

Let me find the one of Stone's :flushed:
    Wish we heard this one more often!

Telebump. Kudos to you! And I'd settle for playing any of Stone's Les Paul's. Would also love to bang on Matt's kit. And if I could play bass at all, I'd have to get at Jeff's Rick Nielsen checkerboard!