Options

Put Open Road and Falling Down on album #11

2»

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    Wasnt Of the Earth first described as a Peter Gabriel style tune by Stone?  Maybe im thinking of something else.  I was expecting Solsbury Hill :lol:
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Wasnt Of the Earth first described as a Peter Gabriel style tune by Stone?  Maybe im thinking of something else.  I was expecting Solsbury Hill :lol:
    I think you're exactly right. I remember reading that as well. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    my2hands said:
    "Let It Ride" is a really awesome song, too. I read somewhere that 25 songs were recorded for S/T.. 
    I actually JUST read that yesterday. it was from a rolling stone article I believe. so for BoB to say "the vault is empty" is total bullshit. 
    Where did BoB say that?
    it was a little while back. i honestly can't recall, but he said it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Never cared for Of The Earth. Yes, it is an unreleased song and somewhat rare live. But that doesn't make it any good.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    edited May 2017
    Live at Third Man is the closest we're gonna get to a studio cut of Of The Earth. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    Live at Third Man is the closest we're gonna get to a studio cut of Of The Earth. 
    yeah, I agree. if they haven't released one of the studio versions yet, and have openly stated that they just couldn't get it right on tape, it's not going to happen. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    I think I'm the only one who thinks Of The Earth is one mess of a song.
    Nope! I don't get the love for it. The jam is nice, but it's just all over the place as a song. 
    It's an okay song but it certainly isn't the end all, be all that everyone makes it out to be. I think too many people here equate rarity & inaccessibility with greatness.