Options

Are real instruments out the door?

Will real instruments be obsolete some day soon?

Everyone in the music industry seems like they are heading toward the electronic sounds. I for one can't stand it. Is this what music is now? Is that what music is destined to be? I find it lazy and I don't even regard it as real music. How people can listen to music with just beats and electronic noise is beyond me. And then they pay to go hear that at "concerts" and it baffles me. 

Okay rant over. Your thoughts? 
Pittsburgh 2013
Cincinnati 2014
Greenville 2016
(Raleigh 2016)
Columbia 2016

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    https://youtu.be/6ROwVrF0Ceg

Also pure rubbish in his day.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    No. Its just a phase!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    We are about do for a new music explosion/revolution!

All the new groups I am listening to and going to see have influences from 90's music.  That's funny that they don't have any modern influences, lol.

A wave will shift here soon and guitars will be all the rage again!
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,883
    https://youtu.be/6ROwVrF0Ceg

Also pure rubbish in his day.
    I was thinking the same thing about what people said about rock n roll when it was new. Music and the definitions of music change. I don't play electronic music, but I'm thankful I can piece together a drum track with some software instead of trying to hunt down a drummer who only wants to play in cover bands. There is a lot of great electronic music out there though I don't see why it would make stringed, reed, or brass instruments disappear.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2